CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

Got a call from the TRPD. I emailed the Administrative Secretary who I've been talking to and she reached back around. My packet was signed by the chief and sent off to the court. I called the Ocean County courts and spoke with a very nice woman in Justice Gizinski's offices. She said that they just received some applications form TR. I also asked her very directly if the judge has been signing off and sending permits back to the towns. She said yes, they are moving them through. Looks like for Ocean County this is a real thing now, stunning.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Fucking Burlington County ...

Any hopes of a nonbullshit filled process with the courts was dashed 10 min's ago.  Called the court house to discuss turnaround times.  They couldn't/wouldn't provide a turnaround time.  Guy on the phone said all applications are going to the prosecuters office for review prior to Judge Terrence Cook signing them.

They get 30 days then I'm having a laywer write a letter.  We can't play games with these people. 

Hopefully they follow the law/guidance and I'll have my permit early September.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ToddD said:

Fucking Burlington County ...

Any hopes of a nonbullshit filled process with the courts was dashed 10 min's ago.  Called the court house to discuss turnaround times.  They couldn't/wouldn't provide a turnaround time.  Guy on the phone said all applications are going to the prosecuters office for review prior to Judge Terrence Cook signing them.

They get 30 days then I'm having a laywer write a letter.  We can't play games with these people. 

Hopefully they follow the law/guidance and I'll have my permit early September.  

We have Terrance Cook!?? he's in family division and big time democrat. ughhhh 

50 minutes ago, samiam said:

I successfully qualified this morning.Steps remaining are: passport photos; S. P. 642 notarization; fingerprinting. I phoned NSP Woodbine Station, and the officer confirmed that I need to submit my packet to get a Contributor Case Number to schedule fingerprinting (boo!) and that I will need to schedule an appointment at Woodbine to submit my packet. Not too happy with that, but at this point, my reaction is "whatever.."

Glad to hear it.

Don't forget your $50 money order to the NJ Treasury...

40 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

GFH is reporting that one of their members in Morris County (Parsippany) applied 5 weeks ago and just got their permit. So that's good for Morris or Sussex County applicants. 

Nice, I had an unconfirmed report that early on, GFH was saying they just had two people get permits but this person I spoke with said that they were retired LEO. It would be nice to know if this fellow/gal is not part of the old exempt class that could get carry permits or is this one of the new group like us trying for the first time.

20 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I call bullshit on 5 weeks...

Today marks 5 weeks for me in ocean county since completing the application and fingerprinting.  Been at superior court now for 22 days. Feeling cautiously optimistic!  Positive attitude will get you positive results!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:44 PM, PoppaPops said:

Question for those that submitted their application.

I know they want 3 applications, double sided and notarized.

Do they also want 3 copies of your mental health form, drivers license, proof of ownership...etc?

FYI, Its actually not 3 copies.  Its 3 original aapplications.  Each signed in ink, and each notarized.  You can't make 2 copies of the original.  Must be double sided.  

Per Nappen.

• Agree 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:44 PM, PoppaPops said:

Question for those that submitted their application.

I know they want 3 applications, double sided and notarized.

Do they also want 3 copies of your mental health form, drivers license, proof of ownership...etc?

One mental health form. Three original applications with live ink signatures and notarized. 

4 hours ago, ESB said:

FYI, Its actually not 3 copies.  Its 3 original aapplications.  Each signed in ink, and each notarized.  You can't make 2 copies of the original.  Must be double sided.  

Per Nappen.

That’s not what I was asking.

As I stated: “I know they want 3 applications, double sided and notarized.”

I was asking about the mental health forms.

3 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

It’s one mental health form.

In June I went to the NJAG website and submitted a question. They forwarded that to the NJSP who sent me an email. As far as I know, this is the latest most accurate information available. This should, in one place, clarify all the questions for the application process. Of course, some towns are making stuff up as they go along. If you have any further questions, I would email the trooper who wrote the response as he is probably the designated POC for the public. If your town is not following the rules, the ANJRPC has a task force that will reach out via an attorney to inform them of their misdeeds. From what I've heard and read, they have been very effective bringing towns into compliance. Some will have to be dragged into court but most have complied. Join that organization as a non-range member, it's cheap, and that supports all the efforts they are making to restore our lost rights.

Yahoo Mail - Response to question.pdf

40 minutes ago, samiam said:

I scheduled an IdenTOGO appointment for 9:20 AM Monday, August 15, in Ardmore. The sign-up was "interesting". I had previously scheduled an appointment with a Contributor Case Number of "SMITH080122" (not my actual surname :) on the presumption of passing my FMJ qual on 7/30, which appointment I subsequently cancelled. Apparently IdenTOGO's system stored some of the infomation I had entered, because, after navigating to the link furnished by NJSP Woodbine

https://unenroll.identogo.com/workflowI scheduled an IdenTOGO appointment for 9:20 AM Monday, August 15, in Ardmore. The sign-up was "interesting". I had previously scheduled an appointment with a Contributor Case Number of "SMITH080122" (not my actual surname :) on the presumption of passing my FMJ qual on 7/30, which appointment I subsequently cancelled. Apparently IdenTOGO's system stored some of the infomation I had entered, because, after navigating to the link furnished by NJSP Woodbines/2F164B

it came up with the originating agency # for Woodbine NJSP, as previously entered, and it did not prompt me for Contributor Case Number. I assume it picked up the CCN that I previously entered. I will contact IdenTOGO today to see if it can be changed. If not, I'm not terribly worried. I had asked the Woodbine NJSP staff how the would handle the conflict if two applicants named "SMITH" submitted on the same day. They told me that it shouldn't be a problem, and that if there was any difficulty with the CCN, they would call me at the phone number listed on my application to resolve it. I guess if some PD is looking for any excuse to reject or delay, a CCN error like that might provide the excuse, but my read on the two guys I spoke to is that they just want these documents off their desk(s) and on to the next processing step as quickly as possible.  

You will be able to change the contributor case number when you go for your fingerprinting. I did the same thing at my appointment.

I just submitted my application, and wanted to share some interesting news.

I'm in Woolwich Township, Gloucester County. The police clerk was very helpful. She told me that she sends a packet of applications to the court once per week, but that the court is only having one hearing per month. Those hearings are already booked up though October. She estimates that I will be added to the November or December hearing.

I asked, "isnt' there a timeframe?" She replied that there is one for the police, but not for the court. She said that the court clerk told her that people have been calling her and demanding a hearing within the timeframe, but that they are told there is none. Then she jokingly added that their application was probably moved to the bottom of the pile (not very funny).

• Informative 1

3 minutes ago, snappy456 said:

I'm in Woolwich Township, Gloucester County. The police clerk was very helpful. She told me that she sends a packet of applications to the court once per week, but that the court is only having one hearing per month. Those hearings are already booked up though October. She estimates that I will be added to the November or December hearing.

I asked, "isnt' there a timeframe?" She replied that there is one for the police, but not for the court. She said that the court clerk told her that people have been calling her and demanding a hearing within the timeframe, but that they are told there is none. Then she jokingly added that their application was probably moved to the bottom of the pile (not very funny).

Her info is a bit outdated, Gloucester was doing one hearing per month but that has since been changed.  I called and spoke to the judges clerk a few weeks ago and she confirmed what you had said and that while she had my application she was currently scheduling for October but i would probably end up on November by the time she sent it to the prosecutor's office and they responded on their end.  She said that they were having a meeting the next day to decide if appearances would still be required since everyone was getting approved anyway. 

Fast forward, they had the meeting and while they are still requiring appearances they are doing multiple days each month.  I am scheduled for the 25th of this month and I know of two other people that I scheduled for the 29th. So they seem to be sticking to the guidelines of Directive 0619, but as with NJ YMMV.  Good luck.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, snappy456 said:

Cool, did you get her name? I'd pass it on to ANJRPC specifically and mention that the clerk said people who were complaining were singled out for delay. 

• Agree 1

Someone I know (Passaic County) is going for thier court hearing next week on Tuesday. They submitted thier application 3 weeks ago. They were told by the clerk that the hearing will be 10 minutes, they will ask basic questions and the permit will be handed to them immediately after. Will update next week 

22 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Cool, did you get her name? I'd pass it on to ANJRPC specifically and mention that the clerk said people who were complaining were singled out for delay. 

I have her name, but my point was that she was joking. Aside from a dark sense of humor, she was very helpful.

Another thing… I had my consent for mental health records search notarized, but she said it should be signed in front of her. She accepted it anyway.  She also said she is a notary, and would have done all the notarizations for me if I needed. I wish she had put that in the info sheet she gave me initially.