CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

16 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

Anyone anywhere in Monmouth County have any progress beyond PD?   I am wondering of the judge has still decided to not move on any of them?  The feedback a couple weeks back was that the judge would not process any.  Not sure if this was a false rumor or based in fact...

Anyone else on here in Monmouth County?

5 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Not one person in this forum that is posting has received a permit.  41 days and counting for me.

Wait.. there is a guy who posted few pages earlier in this thread that he got call to pick up his permit.  But he didnt post the picture or any follow up. 

As I posted earlier, NJSP have finished their part for my application and said they are sending it to the court today.

I just got off the phone with the criminal division manager for Hunterdon county. He told me that they have approximately 30 applications on the Judge's desk right now, but none that are approaching the 30 day window. He mentioned the 30 days, not me so I am pleased that they are observing directive #06-19. They are sending applications to the prosecutor's office and he did say that they had experienced a hiccup with where the prosecutor was sending them back to at the court, but that has now been ironed out.

Hunterdon has not issued any permits yet. Because of this, he could not answer my questions about whether the judge is calling for applicants to appear for a hearing, or whether the permits are being issued with any restrictions on them such as which guns can be carried.

He said to expect to have my permit well within the next 30 days and gave me his direct extension number to call if I had any further questions.

He was a very forthcoming and friendly sounding guy and I am hopeful that Hunterdon, at least, is not going to be introducing delaying tactics. He said that they are being completely open and honest and he laughed when I responded with "Well one would hope you are, being a court official"

• Informative 2

1 hour ago, MrAceJD said:

Anyone else on here in Monmouth County?

I'm in Monmouth County; dropped off my packet at my Boro PD on 8/8. Hoping the info on the judge is just a rumor; otherwise, it may be a long wait for us.

5 hours ago, ESB said:

Another thing that was talked about is the legality of private businesses and locations that have no guns allowed signs.  You would essentially be committing trespassing. but not a gun related charge.   

You can't be charged with Tresspassing until you physically (and personally) tell someone they are not allowed on the property. Cops don't assume signage means anything, unless you lawfully have to read something before entering property and sign you did, think waivers and such. 

I've literally tried to have people arrested for trespassing and the cops were apologetic they could do nothing until after they were severed notices of no-tresspass. 

5 hours ago, ESB said:

I took a CCW course with a current LEO and this was brought up.  He said that his department had discussed this and that school parking lots are considered school property and illegal to carry there.  He also said that if you stop on a public road in a school zone, you would also be arrested.  I assume you could successfully fight that, but do you want to put yourself in that position and go through all that?    

On what grounds would he arrest you just for being in a school zone? So an entire department came to the conclusion that school zones, which aren't school property, will be treated as such? Nice. 

Absolutely.  Don't be that guy.  Also why patronage an anti 2A business?  Small businesses are having a hard time these days.  Support one that isn't anti-2A.  Let those who are anti-2A suffer the consequences and take your business elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, ESB said:

Absolutely.  Don't be that guy.  Also why patronage an anti 2A business?  Small businesses are having a hard time these days.  Support one that isn't anti-2A.  Let those who are anti-2A suffer the consequences and take your business elsewhere.  

Yes that's the way to go. I remember seeing business like cards to hand out saying "No Guns No Money" but I don't know where I saw them.

3 hours ago, CJack said:

Wait.. there is a guy who posted few pages earlier in this thread that he got call to pick up his permit.  But he didnt post the picture or any follow up. 

Maybe he was arrested  for driving through a school zone….

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

Not one person in this forum that is posting has received a permit.  41 days and counting for me.

I have mine, and I posted the timeline a page or two before.

4 hours ago, CJack said:

Yup. 

967AE5D1-BC3C-4618-A592-A3E55026F1AE.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ESB said:

True dat. No need to be an Elisjsah Dicken, carrying without a permit in a gun free zone. 

44 minutes ago, Maciej said:

I have mine, and I posted the timeline a page or two before.

Yup. 

967AE5D1-BC3C-4618-A592-A3E55026F1AE.jpeg

Will be completely honest. One of my friends is filthy rich and has houses all over the world, every super car you would want, new chics every night. I am wayyyy more jealous of you right now!  Let’s go boys!!! Congratulations!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Will be completely honest. One of my friends is filthy rich and has houses all over the world, every super car you would want, new chics every night. I am wayyyy more jealous of you right now!  Let’s go boys!!! Congratulations!!!!

Not going to lie, having planes, cars, and other nice stuff… I had a huge smile when I got the call.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

After I submitted my application in late July I had my finger prints scheduled and done in Pennsylvania. Identigo had LOTS of slots the next business day and they took walk ins. 

That is EXCELLENT! Just changed my appointment to tomorrow in East Stroudsburg. Awesome and thanks for saving me a 2.5 week wait!

Just now, RadioGunner said:

It’s $40 more as well, just fyi

but worth it not to wait 

To knock 2.5 weeks off the wait its well worth it. Also, the detective that took my application today also processed my BG check a couple weeks ago when I changed my address on my FPID card, said he can re-use it since it was recent enough. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it more quickly than anticipated.

2 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

Did they give any restrictions? Does it list the guns you qualified with?

1 hour ago, joltitor said:

Any restrictions? What’s the back look like?

Has my photo and ‘See Accompanying Order’, I have the document scanned and in a separate folder on my phone if need be, with a photo copy in each car.

13 hours ago, Maciej said:

Hectic few days afterward, but it’s definitely an odd feeling being able to. 

First time I left NJ to a state that accepted a FL non-resident, it was weird. Took a few days to get used to it. This will be "old hat" for all of us soon enough. Congratulations.