CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

13 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I can't find anyone for pictures? Any one know who does 1.5 x 1.5. Wallgreens and ups said no.  Gun for hire couldn't tell me when someone would be there either

I had to show my walgreens how to do it, as they initially told me they couldn't change the size.

If they are like my walgreens, there is a computer they use at the photo desk.

When they select the passport photo option, the passport photo menu/screen pops up.

In the top right corner of that screen is a little drop down menu where it will say 'US Passport 2x2' or something to that effect.

Click the drop down menu and scroll down til you see Argentina passport, 38mm I believe is the size.

They take your photo, make sure it fits, hit print, done.

All 4 photos will show up on 1 print, as opposed to US size photos showing 2 per print.

Worst part is they charge $15 for this... $15 for one photo. But, ya know, communism.

Anyway, easy as that. Just be super polite and tell them you have a friend that got them done at walgreens and they told you Yada Yada yada..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, samiam said:

My nearby Postnet did 4 each 1.5" square photos for me in sets of 2. Charged about $30 total for it, which I thought was medium exhorbitant. They also gouged another $10 each me for the three SP 642 notarizations. On the other hand, it was one stop shopping and 10 minutes from my house. 

The price(s) we are willing to pay to exercise our rights.

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

I can't find anyone for pictures? Any one know who does 1.5 x 1.5. Wallgreens and ups said no.  Gun for hire couldn't tell me when someone would be there either

I did mine at Staples. Assuming they all use the same software, there's an option at the bottom of the list for 40mmx40mm. 1.5" = 38.1mm. I went with that size and trimmed them myself at home. 

1 minute ago, jmrdmd said:

I did the Walgreens Agentinian passport move.  Unfortunately for me, my pictures look like the reason that people should have a concealed carry permit!

Lol. I look like a child predator on my DL. I feel your pain. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Update:

Picked up the permit.

For those of us in Morris County

The Hon. Thomas Critchley attaches a Court Order that must be carried along with the Permit that list the firearm(s) you qualified with.

Disappointing..... but hopefully once the system gets tired of this redundant part of the process and removes the Judge from having to sign off..... stuff like this will disappear

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

Update:

Picked up the permit.

The Hon. Thomas Critchley attaches a Court Order that must be carried along with the Permit that list the firearm(s) you qualified with.

Disappointing..... but hopefully once the system gets tired of this redundant part of the process and removes the Judge from having to sign off..... stuff like this will disappear

This is Jersey.  Don't count on it.

8 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

Carried, as in, the actual court order must be on your person at all times when carrying?  A folded page or pages of legal-size paper?

That is disappointing.

10 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

Update:

Picked up the permit.

Same document came with Ocean County. I took a picture of it with my phone and will carry that way. I laminated it at Staples and I have it filed at home.  If you carry a piece of paper it will be destroyed in no time from wear and tear.

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

The Judge actually cut it for me. I handed in 2”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Some of these stories are giving me hope.  I just assume they're finding any reason to send these back

I knew I was going to get it from Day 1.  Clarence Thomas made it almost bulletproof! You will get it now doubt, just do what they ask and follow the rules and it will happen! Good luck brother!  #FJB

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 67gtonut said:

Update:

Picked up the permit.

more shit to stuff in my already overloaded wallet . good lord. But at least they are issuing permits in Morris county with little else BS

16 minutes ago, oneshot said:

more shit to stuff in my already overloaded wallet . 

By the time you pay for the application, prints, qualification, photos, and notarization, your wallet will be considerably thinner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4
  • FacePalm 1

1 minute ago, 10X said:

By the time you pay for the application, prints, qualification, photos, and notarization, your wallet will be considerably thinner.

haha

yeah unfortunately i carry my cash in my shallow pockets. But it seems like we will be seeing more and more posts of permits being issued, So thats a good thing

3 hours ago, 67gtonut said:

Update:

Picked up the permit.

If 200,000 to 300,000 applicants apply for a permit during the first year, I'm betting the judges will be removed from the process.  If 2,000 to 3,000 apply, then I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

If 200,000 to 300,000 applicants apply for a permit during the first year, I'm betting the judges will be removed from the process.  If 2,000 to 3,000 apply, then I doubt it.

It might take some time but I think at some point they will be so inundated and HOPEFULLY realize that this is an undue burden on a constitutional right. 

• Agree 1