CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

52 minutes ago, Ficus said:

So I just got the email from the courts. I have to appear in front of the judge. This sounds fun. 

DFF900BA-CAAD-4543-A536-6D38FF44EB07.jpeg

So it's not a zoom meeting anymore. Do you mind emailing this to the strike force team? They're aware of the delays by the gloucester county courts and trying to gather as much info as possible about it to help us get it changed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Could you provide a timeline of your application process?

7/25 handed into PD 

8/30 this email.  Nothing in between in regards of references or anything else from PD. 

1 hour ago, Ficus said:

7/25 handed into PD 

8/30 this email.  Nothing in between in regards of references or anything else from PD. 

That's impressive timeline if you ask me. My PD is still in possession of my application. Clocking in 3 weeks today from when I handed it in. Your PD must have moved it along quickly or the court is moving along as soon as they receive them. 

Paperwork is in here is my timeline

Monday 8/29    qualified at Shooters 

Tuesday 8/30    drop off package at NJSP Buena Station and reviewed by investigating Trooper all in order and he will do the initial investigation .  Once the fingerprints are received he said he would fax the package to West Trenton for their review process. 

Tuesday 8/30    Fingerprinted at  IdentoGO Vineland NJ 

The Trooper did say he has processed 30 applications still waiting on the first approval.

West Trenton has only sent one back because the person applying spelled their name wrong. 

Now we wait 

7 minutes ago, Kdin1 said:

Paperwork is in here is my timeline

Monday 8/29    qualified at Shooters 

Tuesday 8/30    drop off package at NJSP Buena Station and reviewed by investigating Trooper all in order and he will do the initial investigation .  Once the fingerprints are received he said he would fax the package to West Trenton for their review process. 

Tuesday 8/30    Fingerprinted at  IdentoGO Vineland NJ 

The Trooper did say he has processed 30 applications still waiting on the first approval.

West Trenton has only sent one back because the person applying spelled their name wrong. 

Now we wait 

Mercer is apparently ‘waiting on more guidance from the AG.’ 

• FacePalm 1

23 minutes ago, NYNJESQ said:

Mercer is apparently ‘waiting on more guidance from the AG.’ 

Where did you hear this? Do you have any additional details?

What guidance do they need? Didn't the AG already do this?

Anyone else here live in Mercer that has applied? I think @bennj applied basically at the same time as I did. Other than that I don't recall anyone from Mercer posting on their progress (or lack thereof).

On 8/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, JRT said:

I submitted my application package on July 6th.  Provided everything requested,  | was told I was the 3rd applicant they got and was also told it was so new, they had no idea how it was going to go.  I was fingerprinted a week later.  I work with one of my references, so I see him daily, and he nor my other two references have been contacted.

Last year, I sold my house and moved into a condo in the same town.  I filed a change of address for my FID, thinking it was as simple as changing your address on your DL.  WRONG!   It was essentially the the same process as an initial FID application, and it took 4 months to process. At that time, I was told that they had one (1) retired PO working P/T on all the firearms stuff.

My question is this.  When day 61 or 62 comes, what do we do?  What do I do ?  Is there a process?  Certainly you can't simply carry because they took no action on your application?

Also, the earliest someone could have applied was what, June 30, so do they change the law/reg to suspend the 60 days clause?

Day 50 - Not a peep.  Money order not cashed, no one contacted. 

I submitted my application a couple week back with two qualifications. They called and asked for a better copy of my passport and I said I would drop it off next week as I want to provide a third qualification of a better sized Cary gun I just purchased.  I was told that I would have to pick which of the first two submitted  to be removed from the application as they can only accept two pistols maximum to be included on my permit.

is this a know limit I just was not aware of?

Has anyone been able to submit more then two?

is it because only two can fit and be printed on the card?

1 minute ago, Jfoster99 said:

I submitted my application a couple week back with two qualifications. They called and asked for a better copy of my passport and I said I would drop it off next week as I want to provide a third qualification of a better sized Cary gun I just purchased.  I was told that I would have to pick which of the first two submitted  to be removed from the application as they can only accept two pistols maximum to be included on my permit.

really there should no restriction or limit on how many handguns you are allowed to carry but for now each county is issuing them as they see fit. eventually it will all get changed. i have only ever seen permits with two handguns listed on the back and never saw 3. 

1 minute ago, Spdracr said:

really there should no restriction or limit on how many handguns you are allowed to carry but for now each county is issuing them as they see fit. eventually it will all get changed. i have only ever seen permits with two handguns listed on the back and never saw 3. 

Does it look like there would be room for a third to be printed on the ones you have seen? 

12 minutes ago, Jfoster99 said:

I submitted 4 with no issues raised by the detective going over the application. Morris County.

Xtors, I believe we both submitted the same day last week on the 23rd. As I stated earlier, I'm a little concerned as to why we both were told to hold off on the $50 money order until contacted unless they want to make sure everything clears before sending it to the courts, but Hamilton PD has done well by me in the past. I am immeasurably more concerned that different PDs and county courts across NJ  can go rogue with the process. Maybe a reach, but I would think the AG would have sent the same instructions on how to proceed to all. NYNJESQ, could you share the source of your info? Has anyone else in Mercer applied? It's only been a week in for me so much too early to fret.

2 hours ago, Xtors said:

Where did you hear this? Do you have any additional details?

What guidance do they need? Didn't the AG already do this?

Anyone else here live in Mercer that has applied? I think @bennj applied basically at the same time as I did. Other than that I don't recall anyone from Mercer posting on their progress (or lack thereof).

A friend of mine called the clerk’s office and that’s what he was told. I submitted my application early July, it was sent to the court beginning of August. My money order was cashed about two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since. 

3 minutes ago, NYNJESQ said:

A friend of mine called the clerk’s office and that’s what he was told. I submitted my application early July, it was sent to the court beginning of August. My money order was cashed about two weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since. 

Thanks for the reply.

So, just to clarify, the court is the entity that cashes the MO?

Also, does the clerk's response rise to the level of contacting the ANJRPC strike force?

Last, any idea what Judge we are dealing with here?

3 minutes ago, Steve_G said:

Not mine. This is from Ocean County. I pulled this fro the Firearms NJ Facebook group. Gotta love a judge that makes up his own rules....look at commandment 11...

ocean.thumb.jpg.8c2fe0dedd3fa430be25c258c75394fc.jpg

The Hon. Rochelle Gizinski is a she...

23 minutes ago, Steve_G said:

Not mine. This is from Ocean County. I pulled this fro the Firearms NJ Facebook group. Gotta love a judge that makes up his own rules....look at commandment 11...

Holy shit. All of these inconsistencies and arbitrary rules are clearly begging for a lawsuit to bring fairness and consistency. But this is amazing. 

The question is, how long would it take something like this before a court that can overrule this?

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Steve_G said:

Not mine. This is from Ocean County. I pulled this fro the Firearms NJ Facebook group. Gotta love a judge that makes up his her own rules....look at commandment 11...

The Association of New Jersey Carjack Professionals has on its website that item 11 violates the Constitution, and if one of their members carjacks an automobile with a gun on their carry permit the carjacker need not stow their gun in the trunk while making their getaway.