CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

58 minutes ago, Steve_G said:

Not mine. This is from Ocean County. I pulled this fro the Firearms NJ Facebook group. Gotta love a judge that makes up his her own rules....look at commandment 11...

ocean.thumb.jpg.8c2fe0dedd3fa430be25c258c75394fc.jpg

As a resident of ocean county, this order is quite disturbing.

She's literally making her own laws, which are blatantly unconstitutional.

We can't carry in/on our own motor vehicle? Nor where alcohol is served? That's essentially every single restaurant in the state.

16 hours ago, marlintag said:

Could you provide a timeline of your application process?

Where is your home base?

I think live or zoom meetings are based on your home base.

The officer at Woodstown told me I would NOT have to make another trip back to NJ. That since I a, so far, the court would be done via Zoom, if needed.

So that is why I am asking where your home base is. 

8 hours ago, Steve_G said:

Not mine. This is from Ocean County. I pulled this fro the Firearms NJ Facebook group. Gotta love a judge that makes up his her own rules....look at commandment 11...

read the following a bit more carefully:

ORDERED, that in the event the applicant is employed at a "sensitive place" and his employer requires that person to be armed, then during hours of employment the applicant shall not be prihibited from carrying the firearm, and it is further."

i would read that as this permit is work specific. otherwise those restrictions are BS and in violation of the Bruen ruling. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Steve_G said:

Ok so I received my permit from the same Judge. She did not have any of this written on the letter with my permit. I believe this is a restricted permit for employment.  It would be ridiculous to drive with my gun unloaded in the trunk.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Spdracr said:

read the following a bit more carefully:

ORDERED, that in the event the applicant is employed at a "sensitive place" and his employer requires that person to be armed, then during hours of employment the applicant shall not be prihibited from carrying the firearm, and it is further."

i would read that as this permit is work specific. otherwise those restrictions are BS and in violation of the Bruen ruling. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Ok so I received my permit from the same Judge. She did not have any of this written on the letter with my permit. I believe this is a restricted permit for employment.  It would be ridiculous to not drive with my gun unloaded in the trunk.

That would make sense, at least in jersey terms. 

Now "they're" making law from the bench?  Fuck that!

17 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Yeah, I just saw that.  I replied before reading the whole thread through.

Still, even if this poor schlub applied before Bruen, you would think the restrictions would follow that ruling. My friend who received his permit from this judge had no such letter. He just had the pistols listed. My guess is this is an outlier and we can confidently ignore this as the new norm.

43 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Ok so I received my permit from the same Judge. She did not have any of this written on the letter with my permit. I believe this is a restricted permit for employment.  It would be ridiculous to drive with my gun unloaded in the trunk.

What date issued does your order have? I've seen another example from this judge issued August 12th with none of this present. I'm curious if this started after a specific date or if like others have said might be an employment permit if yours has none of this but was issued after this one.

Guarantee this is the route they going after the courts were "waiting for AG's guidlines" everyone that got theirs already congrats.. I KNOW BURLINGTON COUNTY WILL FOLLOW SUIT SMH.... by the time the lawsuits start rolling it will be renewal time. pffft 

1 minute ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Guarantee this is the route they going after the courts were "waiting for AG's guidlines" everyone that got theirs already congrats.. I KNOW BURLINGTON COUNTY WILL FOLLOW SUIT SMH.... by the time the lawsuits start rolling it will be renewal time. pffft 

There's definitely more to it than simply the judge wanted to make up rules. Everyone seems to agree that this might be a work related permit. 

Gotta remember not every gun owner will be applying to carry a gun as some of them don't feel the need for it or don't feel comfortable carrying etc... 

1 minute ago, Spdracr said:

There's definitely more to it than simply the judge wanted to make up rules. Everyone seems to agree that this might be a work related permit. 

Gotta remember not every gun owner will be applying to carry a gun as some of them don't feel the need for it or don't feel comfortable carrying etc... 

there is one from monmouth and 2x from ocean county on NJ GUN REDDIT..and these are the folks willing to put their business out there..the one from monmouth put a video out..I hope your right but its weird that 3x ppl approved last week had restrictions.

Just now, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

there is one from monmouth and 2x from ocean county on NJ GUN REDDIT..and these are the folks willing to put their business out there..the one from monmouth put a video out..I hope your right but its weird that 3x ppl approved last week had restrictions.

You are saying there are 3 people with those exact restrictions posted in the above court order? 

1 minute ago, Spdracr said:

You are saying there are 3 people with those exact restrictions posted in the above court order? 

That is correct, do I believe them? that's another question..hence why I'm waiting on someone from Burlington County (which has yet to distribute any from the courts) but why would they lie?! you know? shoot the one guy did an hr video. 

36 minutes ago, galapoola said:

Still, even if this poor schlub applied before Bruen, you would think the restrictions would follow that ruling. My friend who received his permit from this judge had no such letter. He just had the pistols listed. My guess is this is an outlier and we can confidently ignore this as the new norm.

Do you know if your friend's order was signed after 8/23? 

2 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

It might not be a work permit.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/2022/08/31/challenger-to-njs-unconstitutional-law-granted-carry-permit-kind-of-n61978?fbclid=IwAR0FMiggJNAUvjjLMPbWBXqq_WpbqSokjiSAjC7jTkxx6CYQt--naVOotqw

• FacePalm 1

That was Monmouth county and the whole situation is odd. He is an appeal to denial before justifiable need removed. His judge that gave these restrictions in the order is not the normal permit judge for Monmouth. There seems to be other drama going on in his case, so he may be an outlier.

I've seen an Ocean county order posted from Aug 12th with no locations etc and then one posted from Aug 23rd with all the BS we see about locations. So I'm really interested to see proof of permits after the 23rd to see if this is now on all orders or somehow an outlier or mistake on people getting their work permits amended.

2 minutes ago, vorfix said:

That was Monmouth county and the whole situation is odd. He is an appeal to denial before justifiable need removed. His judge that gave these restrictions in the order is not the normal permit judge for Monmouth. There seems to be other drama going on in his case, so he may be an outlier.

I've seen an Ocean county order posted from Aug 12th with no locations etc and then one posted from Aug 23rd with all the BS we see about locations. So I'm really interested to see proof of permits after the 23rd to see if this is now on all orders or somehow an outlier or mistake on people getting their work permits amended.

To me the wording in both documents is too similar, to me it seems that there is a concerted effort to make this the SOP going forward.

Agreed, I'm concerned this is some new directive that has come down that the permit judges are forced to follow. I have no proof of that however. Trying to get details on any orders issued in Ocean after the order with restrictions we saw from 8/23. If we see orders without after, I'm less concerned. If we see all after have this new section, that is very worrying.

FPC knows about it from the Monmouth case so my hope would be they go after it in their federal case.

• Agree 1

I've now seen a picture posted of an amended permit order issued but the Ocean county judge, formerly issued pre Bruen as a work related permit, this order was issued on the Aug 12th and has this list we are worried about. I also have a picture of another order issued but the same judge that same day without any of it. My suspicion is the court orders for the amended permits are just reusing the previous order as a a template and the clerk just makes some date changes and other minor changes after the judge approves. But I've also seen orders issued after which have the list which wasn't related to work, so I'm still very confused what is going on.

1 hour ago, vorfix said:

Who is the normal permit judge for Monmouth County?

I just called Middlesex county and spoke to Anna the clerk handling the permits. Nothing signed yet, but she will call when it is ready. Money order still not cashed.

Time line. App submitted to pd on 7/20. Prints done 7/21. All refs got letter from pd 7/23 and mailed back within week. Got call from pd 8/10 paper work sent to court. 

2 hours ago, vorfix said:

Sorry, I'm confused so just trying to be clear… Was the order signed before or after Aug 23rd? The "week before" part of your reply threw me off.

my friend showed me the permit signed by the Ocean County judge and he showed it to me two Sundays ago, that's all I know

37 minutes ago, Karatenurse said:

I just called Middlesex county and spoke to Anna the clerk handling the permits. Nothing signed yet, but she will call when it is ready. Money order still not cashed.

Time line. App submitted to pd on 7/20. Prints done 7/21. All refs got letter from pd 7/23 and mailed back within week. Got call from pd 8/10 paper work sent to court. 

I haven’t heard of Middlesex signing off on any permits. My town alone (Old Bridge) has sent in over 100.

Wonder what, if any restrictions the Judge might put on the middlesex permit.

4 hours ago, vorfix said:

What date issued does your order have? I've seen another example from this judge issued August 12th with none of this present. I'm curious if this started after a specific date or if like others have said might be an employment permit if yours has none of this but was issued after this one.

Mine was issued august 9th.