CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

image.thumb.png.307b2117e99f34bcee6c9a7a436a232b.png

Sucks I applied 7/5 dropped all my stuff off at the station. He told me 3 weeeks ago he sent everything to the court house l. 

So I guess you have to travel with it unloaded in your trunk? 

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I think that was on the list of needed docs. 

To add onto this,  mine has me bringing a pay stub to prove employment 

Funny, my local PD asked me for a pay stub or business card as well.  I gave it to them just to keep the process moving, but what if i was unemployed, self-employed, or FT student??

• FacePalm 1

1 minute ago, 124gr9mm said:

Funny, my local PD asked me for a pay stub or business card as well.  I gave it to them just to keep the process moving, but what if i was unemployed, self-employed, or FT student??

They can claim (and they will be within limits)  that they are verifying information you provided. If you say you are unemployed, they cannot demand pay stub as its moot.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dpas1973 said:

Sucks I applied 7/5 dropped all my stuff off at the station. He told me 3 weeeks ago he sent everything to the court house l. 

So I guess you have to travel with it unloaded in your trunk? 

Check status of your money order (cashed or not) at usps (google for link). If its cashed, likely your permit is on the way.

4 minutes ago, dpas1973 said:

So I guess you have to travel with it unloaded in your trunk? Is that a fact?

I've read all the back & forth on this during the day and I want to make the following comments of the laundry list of restrictions that judge put on the guy's permit:

(1) A lot of those places you should not carry. I know no one in here likes the mention of another state, but I have had a FL W CCW since 1994. Down there you are restricted from carrying at most of those same places and I am OK with it.  Buffalo Wild Wings doesn't want people (including active LEO) to carry in their establishment - then f$#* them - their wings suck anyway.  Remember that kid who took out the gunman at the mall at the food court a few months back?  That mall was posted no weapons, and you see how that turned out  - people will carry where they feel they should carry.  IMHO, most LEO aren't going to hassle anyone unless you are doing something stupid.

(2) Not being able to carry in your car is ridiculous. I don't know the circumstances, but I do know a guy who got a permit to carry about a year ago, with a letter of need, to get his SORA RED card to SPECIFICALLY work armed security at the gate of a military installation for a federal contractor.  He had similar wording on his permit.  It basically specified that the gun had to be kept at the work post, and if for some reason he had to take it off-site, it had to be in truck locked, without ammo.  As a footnote, Class II Police Officers also must leave their dept. issued firearms at the PD, and they have had to go to and rom work unarmed, unless they had RPO.  

6 hours ago, galapoola said:

So Daniel Francisco was part of a suit over a carry permit. I listened to his video. His permit quest started maybe two years before Bruen. I'm guessing the judge's bizarre order was colored by the suit, possibly payback? I'd like to see how all of us who simply applied after Bruen will fare as far as restrictions.

For all of you that don’t understand how repercussions and vengeance works.   Not only read this article.   But most importantly.  Watch the video he put out.   This is how vile and perturbed the left is that for us to exercise our second amendment rights.  This is the extent of what were dealing with on the local and superior end.   Ohhh.  Its coming.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I missed the call from Nappen’s office. SMH. I called back and left a message.  US Law Shield shared some additional info I think was very helpful(pics below).  This makes me think that the permit letter we are all freaking out for is employment related.  I will give another update tomorrow when I talk to Nappen’s office and another update when my friend gets his in the next couple weeks from the same Judge in Ocean County.

For anyone that has US Law Shield here is a very helpful link!  It may work for everyone I am not sure though.

https://www.uslawshield.com/travel/

#FJB #MAGA

CC3FDF91-E4C7-4011-AAF3-30889813469D.jpeg

7068CF84-0491-4685-9406-6ACC494BB81A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

49 minutes ago, Spdracr said:

I believe money order is cashed at the PD level and not the court level. 

28 minutes ago, CJack said:

No, my understanding is that the money order is cashed at the Court level.

I don't think the local pd or the county can cash the money order. It is made out to the Treasure, State of NJ. It has to be cashed by the state. Now, I don't know who sends it to the state, county or local pd. Also, I don't see why anyone is concerned with when the money order is cashed. It is an application fee. The are cashing it whether you are approved or denied.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_G said:

I don't think the local pd or the county can cash the money order. It is made out to the Treasure, State of NJ. It has to be cashed by the state. Now, I don't know who sends it to the state, county or local pd. Also, I don't see why anyone is concerned with when the money order is cashed. It is an application fee. The are cashing it whether you are approved or denied.

It helps establish a timeline or figure out if the application is being worked on or not? I guess that's the train of thought here. 

• Agree 2

Just an update regarding Hoboken - application submitted 7/5 (after they first told me 'we aren't ready to accept any applications yet', sent an email to the chief per advice from this board and they immediately called me to come back and submit; thanks guys!)

60 days is up on Saturday, and the only thing I heard so far was that my Identogo fingerprint check never went through to the NJSP. Identogo was no help, claiming it's 'not their problem'. I went and got re-fingerprinted, and a day later called the NJSP ID bureau and they confirmed that they received and updated my PD with an approval. They were very organized and pleasant, to my surprise.

No letters, no communications other than that. Not sure what to do after this weekend comes and goes other than wait and see what happens. Has anyone called the courthouse to figure out status? I feel like Hudson county is simply going to sit on it and not do anything. The PO that took my application laughed me out of the room when I mentioned the Bruen decision - he said it's 'not gonna happen in Hudson county' and be prepared for disappointment. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, samiam said:

The clerk in Hudson County Superior Court should be able to at least confirm or deny after your 60 days whether the court is in receipt of your application. You might want to give a couple extra weekdays to allow for mail distribution. Did you have to pay IdentoGO for the second fingerprinting? If so, whoever effed up the transmission and investigation for the first set should be required to pay you back the fee and for travel time. If you don't get a satisfactory answer as a result of calling the court, I suggest you contact ANJRPC Strike Force.

Thanks Sam - Identogo went around in circles regarding the fingerprinting process. They claimed that it was 'out of their hands once the results were transmitted to the NJSP', meaning they did their part and any issue was outside of their control. They simply repeated that endlessly and refused to do anything for me, including waiving any fees. I disputed the charge with my credit card, and it appears they didn't push back so I got the $90 back - and then spent it for the second visit. There should be no issues for me; I've been background checked for military SCIF authorizations as well as NYPD ridiculously thorough checks for similar reasons (projects that require secrecy). 

Identogo is awful to deal with, they essentially have no customer service at all. 

22 minutes ago, LineItem said:

Just an update regarding Hoboken - application submitted 7/5 (after they first told me 'we aren't ready to accept any applications yet', sent an email to the chief per advice from this board and they immediately called me to come back and submit; thanks guys!)

60 days is up on Saturday, and the only thing I heard so far was that my Identogo fingerprint check never went through to the NJSP. Identogo was no help, claiming it's 'not their problem'. I went and got re-fingerprinted, and a day later called the NJSP ID bureau and they confirmed that they received and updated my PD with an approval. They were very organized and pleasant, to my surprise.

No letters, no communications other than that. Not sure what to do after this weekend comes and goes other than wait and see what happens. Has anyone called the courthouse to figure out status? I feel like Hudson county is simply going to sit on it and not do anything. The PO that took my application laughed me out of the room when I mentioned the Bruen decision - he said it's 'not gonna happen in Hudson county' and be prepared for disappointment. 

Not sure how true this is, but my PD told me the 60 days does not start until they receive the fingerprints.

21 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I just dropped off my paperwork at piscataway but the CODE i was given isn't working on identigo. Left a message for clarification. Anyone know the code for pway?

Which code?

The paper I got from my township gave me a service code, the PD ORI #, and the PD Case #.

If it's the service code - use 2F164B

It should come up as:  FIREARMS LICENSING-FIR-State&Fed

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Which code?

The paper I got from my township gave me a service code, the PD ORI #, and the PD Case #.

If it's the service code - use 2F164B

It should come up as:  FIREARMS LICENSING-FIR-State&Fed

Ok so I have those. I was told my case code was nj121700ccw? Does that even sound right? Should I have my own specific case number?

1 minute ago, NorthernYankee said:

Every PD uses different case codes...its just internal to them so that when they get the prints back they can correlate it to an application.  Though they could just use your name, but hey maybe I think  too simple.

^^ This

My case code is just a number...  

4 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Not sure how true this is, but my PD told me the 60 days does not start until they receive the fingerprints.

The thing is, the PO told me he felt the fingerprinting was not really necessary since my fingerprints were on file associated with my FID. He felt that it is redundant. He did tell me that he didn't feel any particular urgency to submit the applications to the court, he would get to it when he felt like it (I'm paraphrasing, of course). I mentioned the 60 day thing and he laughed it off. 

• FacePalm 1

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

^^ This

My case code is just a number...  

Same with me - the PO told me he makes up a number based on his own filing system to keep track of applicants. There is no standard that he was aware of, and he didn't even seem to care if I put any number in there. He said he could find me by name and DOB regardless.

6 minutes ago, LineItem said:

Same with me - the PO told me he makes up a number based on his own filing system to keep track of applicants. There is no standard that he was aware of, and he didn't even seem to care if I put any number in there. He said he could find me by name and DOB regardless.

Cool.  Thank you

48 minutes ago, LineItem said:

We really should be recording these encounters and forward them to NJ2AS and everyone else with a social media presence. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

We really should be recording these encounters and forward them to NJ2AS and everyone else with a social media presence. 

The PO was pretty nasty to me because he was forced by the chief to take my application after I emailed him stating that if he refused to take it, I would just go to the NJSP as an alternative. He already hasn't responded to any messages I've left him regarding the retaking of fingerprints and the confirmation from the NJSP. It has been at least 10 days with no response. They are used to being in a position where there is nothing you can do, and they are not liking this new era of pushback. That's the sense I get.

It might be worth quietly recording interactions, as the PO denied that he refused to take my application and said he told me to 'come back sometime next week' which he certainly did not.