CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

22 minutes ago, Bomber said:

You find out where the Judge lives and protest outside their residence.

I'm sure you will be treated just as nicely as the mobs were at the SC justice's homes in July

Didn't NJ pass a law that you can't publish their privates addresses? But of course the entire SCOTUS is broadcasted. 

23 minutes ago, Bomber said:

You find out where the Judge lives and protest outside their residence.

I'm sure you will be treated just as nicely as the mobs were at the SC justice's homes in July

Not a bad idea, unfortunately I actually have a full time job. 

23 hours ago, ToddD said:

Just had my hearing in Burlington County. 

Judge confirmed I’m the first in our county. Just asked to confirm make and model. Read restricted places to me. 

Carry IS NOT restricted in our vehicles.

Said he’s signing today and putting in the mail and that I should have physical permit by the end of the week  but that I am approved. 

Nice!  What does the hearing entail?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, marlintag said:

No.

Today marks my 60th day....

applied 7/13

Fingerprinted 7/22

References completed 7/28

PD approved around August 14th

application received at court (Middlesex)  September 6th

My money order has not been cashed....

Your PD approved about 23 days after references received and well with 60 days of the initial application. PD did what they were supposed to do. 

You are in your 7th day of 30 at Middlesex Superior Court. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Combat Auto said:

Some judges are putting restriction on permits: The worst one is NO carry while driving, must lock it in trunk unloaded.

"No carrying OR riding in ANY motor vehicle".  You cant even go on the bus or train with these restrictions.  Absolute bullshit.

• Like 2

Just now, Variant said:

Speaking of restaurants, are you allowed to carry in places that serve alcohol in New Jersey? I know some states restrict that.

Aside from the order of restrictions given to you by a judge upon receipt of your permit there is no law prohibiting you from carrying in any location that serves alcohol including bars or restaurants.. However it is frowned upon to carry inside a bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Variant said:

Speaking of restaurants, are you allowed to carry in places that serve alcohol in New Jersey? I know some states restrict that.

I think in PA its legal to drink while carrying. I wonder if it is illegal to do so in NJ. Say you stopped at a fiends house on your way home from the store on a Saturday afternoon and you plan to stay a while, would it be illegal to have a beer with them while carrying at their house? Obviously being intoxicated while carrying is not a good idea legal or not, however I am talking about consuming a small enough amount that you could legally drive.

I was just in NC and you could only legally drink while open carrying in a place that doesn't serve / sell alcohol. You cant open carry in a place that served / sold alcohol either. You could CC in a place that served / sold alcohol but you couldn't drink at all while CC anywhere in the state.

2 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Your PD approved about 23 days after references received and well with 60 days of the initial application. PD did what they were supposed to do. 

You are in your 7th day of 30 at Middlesex Superior Court. 

I was just providing an update to the forum, I know the breakdown of my timeline...How many days has your application been at the court?

Edited by marlintag
spelling error

4 hours ago, Tunaman said:

"No carrying OR riding in ANY motor vehicle".  You cant even go on the bus or train with these restrictions.  Absolute bullshit.

Oh, thats because CCW holders are well known for firing randomly out the windows of cars, buses and trains. 

• Haha 1

You can add Sussex to the list of counties that are just sitting on applications and not approving. I called the court today and they told me that they are “waiting on guidance or something” and haven’t approved any permits and that the applications are just sitting in a box.

I have notified strikeforce and Dan Schmutter is on it. 

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1
  • FacePalm 3

1 minute ago, RadioGunner said:

You can add Sussex to the list of counties that are just sitting on applications and not approving. I called the court today and they told me that they are “waiting on guidance or something” and haven’t approved any permits and that the applications are just sitting in a box.

Hmmmm.... I think task force should be notified about your call... Maybe contact sheriff Strada with this info as he is an elected official and part of his duty is protecting peoples constitutional rights. He is pro 2A, and his office is responsible for securing court houses. (not sure about the superior court house, but probably). If all else fails maybe attend the next Sussex Freeholder meeting and make them aware of what is happening in our County. Ill go with you!

4 hours ago, dajonga said:

Berkeley Township, Ocean Co.

Finger printed and Application dropped off ... August 12.

3 references called by PD (at 10:30 PM?!?!)... August 25.

Phone call from PD saying papers being sent to County... Sept. 12.

Mines been complete and ready for Court since last week but no Phone call yet

12 minutes ago, nooch450 said:

Hmmmm.... I think task force should be notified about your call... Maybe contact sheriff Strada with this info as he is an elected official and part of his duty is protecting peoples constitutional rights. He is pro 2A, and his office is responsible for securing court houses. (not sure about the superior court house, but probably). If all else fails maybe attend the next Sussex Freeholder meeting and make them aware of what is happening in our County. Ill go with you!

I’ve already notified strikeforce. Not involving strada yet. Waiting for word from ANJRPC’s counsel as they would know how best to handle this. AFAIK there are a few counties who are pulling this same tactic. Essex most notably. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

I’ve already notified strikeforce. Not involving strada yet. Waiting for word from ANJRPC’s counsel as they would know how best to handle this. AFAIK there are a few counties who are pulling this same tactic. Essex most notably. 

And Middlesex...

Update.. middlesex county. 
8/15 submitted full package to local pd  

9/1 got a call from local pd saying paperwork was mailed to courts. 

9/13 got a call(voice mail) from local pd that mine and one other application were sent back to them because the notary seal or date or something wasn’t visible or something. Bit of a garbled voicemail.  Told to pick it up and reprocess. Can’t till Friday. So pissed off. 

• Sad 1
  • FacePalm 4

2 hours ago, samiam said:

Of course you do. The sainted judges are privileged to trample all over our constitutional rights and civil liberties, but must be insulated from any accountability to the people whom they nominally serve. The only vaild purpose that sequestering  judges from the opinions of the people could serve is the fear that mass public pressure could result in undue influence and improper decisions. However, thanks to manipulation from other quarters, that boat left the dock a long time ago.  

Judges are far from saints. 
But in general they are overworked and a good one is not paid as much as if they were in the private sector. 
Without respect for the judiciary civilization falls apart.