CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

12 minutes ago, Deff said:

Update.. middlesex county. 
8/15 submitted full package to local pd  

9/1 got a call from local pd saying paperwork was mailed to courts. 

9/13 got a call(voice mail) from local pd that mine and one other application were sent back to them because the notary seal or date or something wasn’t visible or something. Bit of a garbled voicemail.  Told to pick it up and reprocess. Can’t till Friday. So pissed off. 

:mad: I feel for you, I really do.  Middlesex County... Did anyone else notify Dan or the Strikeforce yet regarding Middlesex?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, marlintag said:

:mad: I feel for you, I really do.  Middlesex County... Did anyone else notify Dan or the Strikeforce yet regarding Middlesex?

Honestly - I believe the Strikeforce is aware of what's happening in ALL counties.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

I share your frustration
But until an application sits in the courthouse more than 30 days without action the law is not being disregarded. 

There are already examples of disregarding the law.

1. Cannot carry in a vehicle - illegal
  2. Can only carry specific handguns - illegal
  3. Placing restrictions on a permit without holding a hearing to allow the applicant to address the Judge's concerns - illegal
  4. Openly refusing to process any applications - illegal
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

Dropped off original packet to local PD on July 20.  Clerk reviewed everything said we’re good.  Got a call on 8/7 that it was missing copy of DL.  It was on my desk and didn’t see it.  Dropped off asap.  Called a few times and just told its being processed.  Called today and told it was sent to court last week.  I was one of the first in my town they said.  We’ll see what happens.  None of my references were contacted.   Money order not cashed yet.  Toms River area.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Judges are far from saints. 
But in general they are overworked and a good one is not paid as much as if they were in the private sector. 
Without respect for the judiciary civilization falls apart. 

Prosecutors as well as the people working in their offices don’t make nearly as much as they could the private sector either. Nor do politicians. Or soldiers. 

It’s service, they make a choice to forgo money in order to serve.

As far as respecting them, that should be on an individual basis. Judges who knowingly break the law and infringe on our rights should be taken off of the bench and shamed in the streets.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

Mines been complete and ready for Court since last week but no Phone call yet

Glad I'm not the only one.. I stopped by today and as usual the folks at the record counter are a pleasure to deal with. Never have they once given me an attitude or acted like I was wasting their time.

Kim seems to be doing the brunt of the work with getting the applications pushed through the necessary channels, and she has really been great with providing info and being transparent.

She told me today that not a single permit has come back to berkeley pd from the court, and the first batch she sent was on Aug 2nd, followed by a second batch sent yesterday. 

• Sad 1

At this point the slow rolling may benefit us slightly giving Strike Force a chance to get rid of some of those restrictions before our Permits are issued and we have to go through a bunch of shit to get them amended. I have a pistol I would like to ad I'm wondering how I'm going to have to get that added to my permit and the reason is I had to wait 30 days to execute the permit and now it sits in NICs purgatory that is currently 7 days behind. I also have had pleasant interactions with the Firearms crew in Records at Berkley (Bayville)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Judges are far from saints. 
But in general they are overworked and a good one is not paid as much as if they were in the private sector. 
Without respect for the judiciary civilization falls apart. 

LOL and congress only makes 120k and are all just humble servants. When you're in a position of power you  learn how the scams, the revolving door and the kick backs work. Even the lowly serf state employees have ways of making bank , when you're bored check out the overtime and such these people get. Don't fall for that public servant crap they do a lot better than private and get pension to boot.

Payroll Explorer | NJOIT Open Data Center

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I paid a visit to my town hall to inquire the status of my app. The BS I got was the court is overwhelmed. I mentioned the 60 day obligation they have and was told it's in the county and we have no control over that. My question is if all the paperwork was cleared WTF is left besides the approval stamp from the Judge?

Why can't PD reject application first place? Now resubmit will take another 2 month, this is really upsetting. I am in Somerset but can't see anyone approved from there as well. It will be nightmare to see all upset people soon, I am sure they could say - ink color is wrong, reference is out of NJ, fingerprints are not correct code etc All this just to show their hate to us.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:25 PM, Golf battery said:

Its great to see so many new people to this forum.  Through this topic.  I suggest you all. Try some idpa.  Uspsa or icore matches.  It will. Improve your firearms shooting abilities.   It will humble you in your abilities.  And make you more aware. And more proficient 

How does one get started in matches?  Is there a beginner level?  Where do you find such matches?  I’m in north Jersey.  

1 hour ago, Ferris said:

LOL and congress only makes 120k and are all just humble servants. When you're in a position of power you  learn how the scams, the revolving door and the kick backs work. Even the lowly serf state employees have ways of making bank , when you're bored check out the overtime and such these people get. Don't fall for that public servant crap they do a lot better than private and get pension to boot.

Payroll Explorer | NJOIT Open Data Center

Members of Congress make 174k... more if they are committee chair or speaker. 

30 minutes ago, LeaveNJ said:

How does one get started in matches?  Is there a beginner level?  Where do you find such matches?  I’m in north Jersey.  

I used to travel to PA to do IDPA matches. If there's some in NJ I'd probably get back into it. It was fun.

I've only done IDPA. It was low pressure, I don't remember any "levels". You make some friends and there are some good shooters to learn from too.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Has anyone gone more than 30 days with their PD approved application at Superior Court? at Middlesex Superior Court?

if so, what were you told, what did you do?

Yes, but not Middlesex, but Sussex. AFAIK the issue is the same. Judge refusing to sign for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Any word from the Sussex court as to what to do?

They didn't tell me to do anything other than they are holding apps "in a box waiting for guidance from the state or something."

If you haven't done so yet for your country, report it to strikeforce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RadioGunner said:

They didn't tell me to do anything other than they are holding apps "in a box waiting for guidance from the state or something."

Sussex told me they have my application and that they're training more people to process them...

No word on judge

My application went to the county about two weeks ago, but my references haven’t been called yet.  Anyone else have the same situation where their references haven’t been contacted?  I would think the local PD would have done so before forwarding the app.  

Just now, LeaveNJ said:

My application went to the county about two weeks ago, but my references haven’t been called yet.  Anyone else have the same situation where their references haven’t been contacted?  I would think the local PD would have done so before forwarding the app.  

Some Township PD's aren't actually contacting the references.  It differs from township to township.  Some send letters, some call.  Some don't contact at all.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, GlockityGlockGlock said:

Sussex told me they have my application and that they're training more people to process them...

No word on judge

40 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

When was it received by Court?