CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

8 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Think about your question.  We have no idea what the final outcome will be as of this point.  But yes.  If i have to.  I will   Why do you phrase it that way.  I answered you.  Please answer me. As to why you asked it that way. 

Nothing to think about, it was a very simple question. 

4 hours ago, galapoola said:

I’m sure the attorneys for the NY Bruen case have or will reach out to SCOTUS formally and say that NY is in violation of the order. Sometimes the court will direct the loosing party to come into compliance. NY & NJ are being cute and Justice Thomas has been chomping at the bit over the courts not taking any 2A cases since McDonald in 2010. He may have something to say since this is all settled constitutionally.

I think it would be amazing to see the SCOTUS force compliance of some sort. The problem is that they did not address sensitive places and sensitive places are now being used to ban carry almost everywhere. 

In my opinion "sensitive places" should only be allowed / defined lawful by the following:

1. Everyone within the facility passes through a metal detector / security entrance in order to gain access. (For example a courthouse)

AND

2. There are armed police / security within the facility that are responsible for your safety / security within the facility.

Any other twisted idea of a "sensitive place" is simply a result of delusional thinking.... If the state cannot take responsibility of protecting you within this "sensitive place" and guarantee that potential aggressors are not armed than the state should not be able to take away your right to bear arms for self defense outside the home within the area, building, facility ext.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, LeaveNJ said:

Here’s the deal.  The restrictions are not reasonable.  There is no consistency between counties.  It’s a total cluster.  Legal challenges are in the works regarding these restrictions.  Any reasonable court will overturn this BS.  You can go ahead and pull your app, deny the restrictions, etc, but I’ll get mine.  Several months down the road, this will all be worked out.  Meanwhile, you’ll still be holding your app in your hand, your qualifications will expire in six months, and you’ll be back to square one.  An appeals court will order the AG to issue an amendment to drop the car carry restriction, and current permit holders will be happy campers.  

Agree, I thought about it too...Unfortunately when we submitted our apps we had no way of predicting what each judge would do...No way i am starting from scratch now, there it as least some value in having the permit even with restrictions. The only restriction which impacts me in any (material) way is the driving one. That is so outrageous it will never hold up. So what happens then, best case we do not have to do anything, the restriction becomes null and void - period. Worst case we have to go through some administrative BS (and maybe even get a lawyer) to have our permits "upgraded"....

• Like 1

The best thing, IMO, is to get as many applications approved by the local PD's and sent to the courts as possible. The larger the number of apps is, the better it will be for a class-action type of suit to end these arbitrary restrictions by judges.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Combat Auto said:

Agree, I thought about it too...Unfortunately when we submitted our apps we had no way of predicting what each judge would do...No way i am starting from scratch now, there it as least some value in having the permit even with restrictions. The only restriction which impacts me in any (material) way is the driving one. That is so outrageous it will never hold up. So what happens then, best case we do not have to do anything, the restriction becomes null and void - period. Worst case we have to go through some administrative BS (and maybe even get a lawyer) to have our permits "upgraded"....

Agreed, I’ve invested too much time, money and energy into the process to start from scratch.

I believe things will eventually be ironed out and everyone will be on the same page. This is all new and there will definitely be hiccups down the road. That doesn’t mean said hiccups are written in stone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Golf battery said:

No its not.  Im not one to cower down or let someone trample on me.  Im no ones bitch.  Bull headed     F them lefties 

You don't have to refuse the permit, just vocalize that you refuse the restrictions, then lawyer up. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The PD I applied at suggested to try walking in, they said some applicants had. When I walked into IdentoGo in Manahawkin I was flatly told no walk-ins, even though the office had no one there when I arrived. Made an appointment at home for a week later. 

4 minutes ago, RHS said:

There doesn't seem to be enough ads on that site. As such, I cannot consider it to be a credible news source. We should write them and ask them to increase the number of ads. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, g17owner said:

There doesn't seem to be enough ads on that site. As such, I cannot consider it to be a credible news source. We should write them and ask them to increase the number of ads. :rolleyes:

Off subject but helpful for all. If you want to read something on these news sites that are cluttered or behind a wall, simply copy the URL and enter it here: http://www.textise.net/    This site will display only the text, no graphics.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, galapoola said:

Off subject but helpful for all. If you want to read something on these news sites that are cluttered or behind a wall, simply copy the URL and enter it here: http://www.textise.net/    This site will display only the text, no graphics.  

Another online tool that sometimes works:

https://12ft.io/

Just ran into Chris Christie in line at the supermarket about 30 mins ago. I mention it just because he was mentioned a page or two back. Sure wish I knew what to talk with him about other than to talk about how great our town is....

• Like 1

Today all of my references were contacted. (All Three we’re contacted)

they asked all of them the same questions. (NJSP Woodstown)

They asked…

If I had a temper and was known to be violent.

If they were ware of any arrests.

how long have they known me, and how did we meet.

How much experience I had with a firearm and if I was safe.

Asked if they knew if I had any other license to carry in other states.

I officially applied on August the 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Crazy 1
  • FacePalm 2

A quick update on my permit. The Hunterdon Superior Court approved it last Wednesday and it was sent out last Thursday. Sadly, they decided that they had could not let me pick it up from the court and they had to send it to the "originating police department". Even though I applied through NJSP Washington Station, the Court, in its wisdom sent it to the NJSP FIU in Trenton, which when it eventually receives it will have to send it to the Washington Station for me to pick up.

I cannot confirm that the FIU received it because their policy is that they will only accept contact via email, which in my experience they never reply to and they, by policy, do not accept incoming phone calls.

So now my signed permit is subject to the vagaries of the NJSP "pony express" which utilizes any trooper that happens to be heading in roughly the right direction to ferry their internal mail from one station to another. This is the same pony express that lost not one, but two separate sets of purchase permits twice in a row before FARS was a thing.

In case you were wondering, yes I am pissed off that my approved permit is still beyond reach.

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 4

ATLANTIC COUNTY UPDATE

9/21/2022

Judge assigned to admin/issue carry permits:

Honorable Pamela D'Arcy

609-402-0100 ext 47420    fax: 609-826-7034    
Atlantic County Criminal Courthouse
4997 Unami Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Mays Landing, NJ 08330

• 200 +/-   apps at the court
  • 156 have GPA numbers ( GPA - ATL - 000 - 22 )
  • The balance (+/- 44) are incomplete in some way and will be sent back to applicant for corrections
  • "Hearings" every Thursday until caught up, starting 10/6/22

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

A quick update on my permit. The Hunterdon Superior Court approved it last Wednesday and it was sent out last Thursday. Sadly, they decided that they had could not let me pick it up from the court and they had to send it to the "originating police department". Even though I applied through NJSP Washington Station, the Court, in its wisdom sent it to the NJSP FIU in Trenton, which when it eventually receives it will have to send it to the Washington Station for me to pick up.

I cannot confirm that the FIU received it because their policy is that they will only accept contact via email, which in my experience they never reply to and they, by policy, do not accept incoming phone calls.

So now my signed permit is subject to the vagaries of the NJSP "pony express" which utilizes any trooper that happens to be heading in roughly the right direction to ferry their internal mail from one station to another. This is the same pony express that lost not one, but two separate sets of purchase permits twice in a row before FARS was a thing.

In case you were wondering, yes I am pissed off that my approved permit is still beyond reach.

I would document the amount of extra time this is causing you to wait in order to get your permit so the info can be given to strike force. This is just more unnecessary time delays of being able to exercise your constitutional right.

I hope you get your permit soon....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRT said:

ATLANTIC COUNTY UPDATE

9/21/2022

Honorable Pamela D'Arcy

Mays Landing, NJ 08330

• The balance (+/- 44) are incomplete in some way and will be sent back to applicant for corrections

Kinda weird that our government has no problem processing mail in ballots that have discrepancies because the court systems have rules that "these minor errors should not be used to disfranchise the voters constitutional rights" or something to that effect....

If the PDs have sent the applications to the judges they must have been complete enough to do the important background checks ext.... These sounds like petty issues which should NOT deny a person their constitutional rights!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, JRT said:

ATLANTIC COUNTY UPDATE

9/21/2022

Honorable Pamela D'Arcy

Mays Landing, NJ 08330

Are they in fact doing hearings for every single applicant, or just on a case by case basis?

1 hour ago, Combat Auto said:

Are they in fact doing hearings for every single applicant, or just on a case by case basis?

I don’t know for sure, but the words “caught up” made me think yes, otherwise they could do them all in one day?  

32 minutes ago, samiam said:

2C:58-4(d) clearly states: "The court shall issue the permit to the applicant..."

Technically they did.  Fighting how they chose to physically send it to him is another matter that probably doesn't have any legal merit.

1 minute ago, YankeeSC said:

This is not unique to NJ.  One could make the same argument about deliberately sending illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard (which was a brilliant move btw).  Politics is a big chess game, and the right better be playing it 'case the left sure is.

Did you know that if your vehicle has been sitting but you keep it registered so as to avoid all the issues that come with that, and you don't go through inspection, when you finally do you only get a sticker for time remaining? If you wait until the time completely expires you get a new two year sticker? For example my inspection was due 2/21. Yesterday I decided that I would put old girl back on the road and I got a sticker for 2/23. Yes, that's 4 months away. Not only that but they tried to chastise me for not getting it inspected. If I had waited until 2/23, I would have been given a sticker for 2/25. Not trying to derail the conversation but NJ really is f'd when it comes to nearly everything government related. 

• Like 1

The purpose of this thread is to express one's experience in applying for a carry permit, let's try to stick to the topic please. There are a number of counties in NJ who have cashed our money orders and have yet to issue a single permit! There appears to be no timeline by the court in which to process the ever-increasing pile of PTC applications that are streaming in every day. Has anyone heard anything from Middlesex County Superior Court?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2