CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

21 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Cleaned up the thread - keep it on topic, people.  If you wanna rant about stuff - there's the 1A lounge.

Gotcha.

Why doesn't that apply to the General Discussion forum though?

image.png.a9f3d198f5c1e51edc77cf42f666b2e8.png

image.thumb.png.17c94d4b3d19de85da47d76f2c4ca813.png

But yet we have ...

image.thumb.png.bd18451c2047986924019dfa8620da2b.png

image.thumb.png.8e9919c94c1bb0b049d54da57a68c7f3.png

image.thumb.png.b386749e914b832d11d599e5357abdbe.png

image.thumb.png.817ef6d26a9605c2a51d28451fb19fc0.png

image.thumb.png.514f6bff83b1fe99dc54d2f27bdb6ce2.png

image.thumb.png.d9db2493fe65e6e769b55947b2d7a45d.png

and on and on ... just looking for consistent application of the rules ... feel free to nuke this post.

• FacePalm 1

12 minutes ago, Spartiati said:

Two people on the Union County FB page confirmed approval of permit by the judge.  They had court dates today because they didn't complete the application correctly (only reason judge called them in).  So Union county is now approving.

Are they mailing the permit back to your local PD or do you need pick up at the court house? Also did they get any restrictions?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spartiati said:

They are mailing it back to the PD.  Only reason these two applicants had to go to court was because there were errors on their application.  Only restriction is they can only carry guns qualified with.

Thats great news hoepfully Ill get mine sometime next week. Gotta start looking for an IWB for my shield plus now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YankeeSC said:

Gotcha.

Why doesn't that apply to the General Discussion forum though?

But yet we have ...

and on and on ... just looking for consistent application of the rules ... feel free to nuke this post.

Can't catch 'em all - I usually look at the activity feed.  Feel free to report a thread so we can move it... but yes - political posts/rants/etc - we don't want to see in the PUBLIC area of the forums that others (outsiders, guests, search engines, etc) can find.

• Like 4

I got a call back from a detective at the FIU. They received my permit from the court on 9/16 and sent it out via inter-office mail (aka the pony express) the same day. Hopefully it won't get lost.

The detective was very helpful and we chatted about the whole mess for a while. He gave me his personal cell number if I run into any more problems.

The FIU only has 7 staff to cover the whole State and they are being inundated. I feel sorry for them because they are gun guys and the senior management are just not providing the manpower to handle the workload.

My app was one of the first 10 that came through their office so I'm a bit of a trail blazer. He did say that there are definitely definitely things in the works to get PCH into FARS.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

I'm not convinced of that. The statute is pretty clear about delineating the responsibiilties of PD and court into distinct paragraphs (c & d) and the PD's end when they send the approved app to the court. Under most circumstances it shouldn't be a huge deal. But if the approved application disappears in the process, which Mr. Stu said he fears, it would appear to become very important.

Actually 

Under the statute it is the applicant who is to present the police department approved application to the Superior Court. Seems to me that this is never done in practice and it is the Police Department who sends the approved application to the court. 

I have no idea how an applicant would in practice present their own approved application to the court and I am really unsure how the applicant would present to the court an application that was deemed approved because the police department took no action after 60 days. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, LeaveNJ said:

I’m in Bergen County.  The county has had my application for three weeks, and has just cashed my money order.  Hopefully, I should be notified in the next week or two for my appearance.  

You don't have to go in front of the judge in Bergen county unless there is an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, marlintag said:

The purpose of this thread is to express one's experience in applying for a carry permit, let's try to stick to the topic please. There are a number of counties in NJ who have cashed our money orders and have yet to issue a single permit! There appears to be no timeline by the court in which to process the ever-increasing pile of PTC applications that are streaming in every day. Has anyone heard anything from Middlesex County Superior Court?

Well jus case they cash the “check” so to speak isn’t a requirement that they issue. Hey can deny. As long as they have firm grounds to stand on in the first place. One of the problems is that their is no true official law or mandate requiring them to issue or deny in any certain time frame. Not that I have been able to find anyways.

11 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

30 days come and gone. 

This REALLY blows my mind. It's such absolute nonsense.

"WHAT DO WE DO GUYS? THERES PEOPLE PUTTING APPLICATIONS IN!!!! SHIT WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

"Calm down Charlie, were the government... We do whatever we want. Keep sitting on them."

Yikes. 

• Agree 1

Has anyone her who has applied t the NJSP Woodstown (Salem County) location either received their permits, or heard anything? 

Only thing I have heard is that my references have been contacted and interviewed on Monday. And that there were only 4 applications ahead of mine for them to be sent to the court for final approval. 

Anyone heard what Salem county judges are doing? Are they issuing? Holding? Hearings? H. I submitted my application, the Officer told me that IF there was a hearing it would be via zoom. Since partially I am a non-resident applicant from Texas.

I don’t know why they need to have me at the hearing. What else do they need to know.

26 minutes ago, TexasLTC said:

Well jus case they cash the “check” so to speak isn’t a requirement that they issue. Hey can deny. As long as they have firm grounds to stand on in the first place. One of the problems is that their is no true official law or mandate requiring them to issue or deny in any certain time frame. Not that I have been able to find anyways.

Not exactly, directive 6-19 states that the judges should be reviewing carry permits at least once every 30 days in order to avoid delays. If they take our money (which they have) they should follow the directive that they are bound to.

4 hours ago, marlintag said:

Not exactly, directive 6-19 states that the judges should be reviewing carry permits at least once every 30 days in order to avoid delays. If they take our money (which they have) they should follow the directive that they are bound to.

Should is the key word!

My application is finally complete. Submitted in Morris County.  I got the fingerprints done in-state early this evening.  The 'book-an-out-of-state-appointment-then-reschedule-for-the-NJ-appointments-that-magically-unlock' hack worked.   The Springfield Identogo was empty; one employee working, so 5 of the 6 fingerprint cubicles were shut down.   I forgot to ask if they take walk-ins, but he did volunteer that the've been doing a lot of fingerprinting for carry permits.

My all-in costs were just over $300; big bucks, just to exercise a constitutional right.

$51.65 USPS Money Order

$0.53 passport-style photos, 4x4 collage print at Walgreens

$4.20 postage, two references over an hour away, so I mailed the forms around.

$191.91  Qualification, full HQC-1, 4 guns, at ReloaderzNJ before their last price increase

$0  Notarization, included at ReloaderzNJ, though I used my bank

$57.38  Fingerprinting, in-state

-- Lots of ammo expended.  Priceless!  All reloads, and I would have been shooting anyway.

$305.67  Total.   Not counting perhaps 70 miles of driving around, mostly to get to ReloaderzNJ and Identogo.

And now, I wait.

image.thumb.png.2b4c34577d6a2a8a9c95304c1164679b.png

• Like 2