CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

10 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

i dunno; every RPO i know carries when ever and where ever they feel like it... Maybe its just not enforced and not a concern for them...

and #10, 'under the influence"... is that a single beer, or is that intoxicated?

Blue wall, so it doesn't matter.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Ficus said:

9/29 deptford township Gloucester county. Permit in hand!  Restricted to guns qualified with. Can amend order anytime by mailing in new quals. 

Congrats...I heard that there were only about 40 people there.  Did they say if there were more scheduled for later today or if there were going to start doing more then 1 day / month?

Just a small Morris County update. 

Today, the MCSC criminal division (why criminal division, right?) called me back. The guy that called me wouldn't tell me exactly what number I am at in the queue, but he said that while not required to adhere to a timeline, they are working hard to process each within 30 days. I am at day 21, he said it should be a week or two longer for me.

I am curious, from anyone who received a permit from Morris County, what's on the court order? What kind of restrictions?

For example, one of the restrictions I have seen in other counties is "No carry any where alcohol is served". So even if you are not drinking, you can't carry into most restaurants. That is a really stupid restriction. Curious to know if Morris County is issuing this restriction. And what others, if any?

20 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

Congrats...I heard that there were only about 40 people there.  Did they say if there were more scheduled for later today or if there were going to start doing more then 1 day / month?

No mention of anyone else today. But correct about 40 people all got permits in hand today. 

8 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Some ppl seem to be ok with court order restrictions...  

Unsure why. I find it unacceptable. 

For the most part I agree, but then there are those of us in counties who have had our money taken and are waiting more than 90 days with nothing to show for it. We have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars in guns, ammo, training so we can legally carry. For many of us, were willing to take some restrictions just to get a permit in hand. We can always fight the restrictions at a later time. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Some ppl seem to be ok with court order restrictions...  

Unsure why. I find it unacceptable. 

what exactly do you find unacceptable? anyone should be able to carry a gun onto a military base or into a superior court building?  to a giants game section 222, row 6 at metlife?

Some guy who has an “official” clean criminal and mental history check, fancies himself a good shot after hitting 42 of 50 rounds on a Q target -  has a second amendment right to strap on a gun and go anywhere he wants, anytime he wants?

There are reasonable limits to everything in a civilized society.  

• FacePalm 3

10 minutes ago, JRT said:

what exactly do you find unacceptable? anyone should be able to carry a gun onto a military base or into a superior court building?  to a giants game section 222, row 6 at metlife?

Some guy who has an “official” clean criminal and mental history check, fancies himself a good shot after hitting 42 of 50 rounds on a Q target -  has a second amendment right to strap on a gun and go anywhere he wants, anytime he wants?

What if when you got your driver's license, they told you that you can only drive the car that you got tested in? You telling me that it's okay to drive any car because you have a license because you showed you know how to drive, but when you go to show that you know how to handle gun they tell you you can only handle that one?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, JRT said:

3 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

What if when you got your driver's license, they told you that you can only drive the car that you got tested in? You telling me that it's okay to drive any car because you have a license because you showed you know how to drive, but when you go to show that you know how to handle gun they tell you you can only handle that one?

What about if your DL had a restriction that said you can't drive to a restaurant that served alcohol even if you aren't drinking.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You take your driver's license and a small little compact car, they give you your driver's license, with that you can go out and drive a 60 ft motorhome, pulling a trailer with your personal vehicle on it, and they have no issues with that?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, JRT said:

The limits need to be consistent and set by the legislature, not arbitrarily by a judge. 

• Agree 4

Just for info. As of today no carry permits have been  issued by Somerset and Middlesex Counties to all those that have applied correctly and passed the qual.  There is no indication when the permit issuing will start.

It's hard to make blanket statements here with agreement to restrictions. There are obviously some that are understandable, court houses, property owner discretion. 

Not ALL public buildings, transportation, handgun limits etc. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DAHL said:

Just for info. As of today no carry permits have been  issued by Somerset and Middlesex Counties to all those that have applied correctly and passed the qual.  There is no indication when the permit issuing will start.

That is what is called a ghost denial. They're not denying you but just letting it sit there

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kdin1 said:

Also hearing the same about Atlantic County hope I am wrong anyone get one from Atlantic County 

i am told NONE have been issued in Atlantic.  The first batch of hearings are tomorrow before Judge D’Arcy - and will continue every Thursday. 

So what happens when they sit on them for a prolonged period of time…then begin to begrudgingly process at a glacial speed and get to an application where the time window of that document has expired in Delaware I believe the fingerprint/background portion is only good for xx number of days….will they kick it back saying “invalid xx document need to resubmit” ?  Did anyone get a receipt when filing showing the date it was submitted? They did that in Delaware when I helped my wife with hers.

40 minutes ago, JRT said:

Seems like someone ended up on the wrong forum lol

but to answer your multiple rhetorical questions….yes to all  and “reasonable limits” are a means to restrict and deny inalienable rights

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, DAHL said:

Have you called the court and where are you in the process? I will be calling next week as I am nearly at 90 days in.