CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

2 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Kind of odd that there’s no photo on the permits isn’t there typically a photo on concealed carry licenses?

It's on the back

16 minutes ago, Lucky Lefty said:

Posted yesterday on FB

I skimmed through comments and didn't see any mention of restrictions or any other info from op.

Also notbsure why he didnt redact any personal info, but that's on him

SmartSelect_20221003_095258_Samsung Internet.jpg

That guy is either super strong, or a blueberry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, dlr618 said:

Anyone on here have news from Bergen county?

Bergen is absolutely issuing and relatively quickly. I applied on 7/22 and had the permit in my hand on 09/02. Permit was actually issued on 08/24 so just over a month. In Bergen county you better have an absolutely clean record though. They are denying for excessive traffic violations and anything else that may be considered controversial. My advice in Bergen county is to not call the court or the local PD. You will get the permit but have patience.

13 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

That is the docket number assigned when the court receives your permit. The number where you put ### shows how many permits applications they received before yours this year.

Thanks I figured it was something like that. 

Also anyone know what's going on with Warren County? I had a friend apply around the same time as I did (his was maybe a little sooner if you factor in he got his finger prints done a few days before me) . Anyway Warren county almost immediately cashed his money order and its been over 30 days since they cashed it with no status update. 

5 minutes ago, samiam said:

Because NJ has always been chock full of police chiefs handing out permits to carry as if bearing arms was a constitutional right or something?

Of course. The police chiefs care about your rights. I mean look at the delays still with the purchase permits. 
The judge is needed to keep these rebel mad lad police chiefs in order cant have them just following the US constitution  and all. 

• Like 1

"Sensitive" locations should be limited to locations where you are screened by metal detectors before you can enter.  Courthouses, Airports, Stadiums, and many schools.  This way you can be comfortable that there is a minimal chance that a bad guy will have a gun there.  If a location wants to be "sensitive" they have to pay for that security at their entrance.  As far as alcohol consumption, it should be the same as driving, you can not carry while intoxicated.  A car in an intoxicated person's hands can be every bit as deadly as a gun.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Lefty said:

Posted yesterday on FB

I skimmed through comments and didn't see any mention of restrictions or any other info from op.

Also notbsure why he didnt redact any personal info, but that's on him

SmartSelect_20221003_095258_Samsung Internet.jpg

pretty fast, he got his in a little over 30 days at the court level.

Has anyone on this forum got their PTC in Middlesex County (excluding the people on Middlesex FB)?

On 10/1/2022 at 12:43 PM, pjd832 said:

New Jersey as most of on here should be well aware believes that they are a country in and of itself, and can make up their own rules and disregard federal law as well as constitutional precident…. I have personally been hassled in New Jersey or more than once north central and south by those thinking that regardless of 218 one must have a permission slip from New Jersey.

How has this not resulted in countless lawsuits? Even more importantly, how has this not resulted in gross cop on cop violence?

Hudson county update - turned in my app to Hoboken PD on 7/5 and (with all of my previously listed tribulations) have still not heard anything from the court or the PD. PD claims it's in the hands of the court. I'm over 90 days as of today. 

I might call the clerk but still a little concerned that they'll use my packet to start their wood stove if I do. 

1 hour ago, LineItem said:

Hudson county update - turned in my app to Hoboken PD on 7/5 and (with all of my previously listed tribulations) have still not heard anything from the court or the PD. PD claims it's in the hands of the court. I'm over 90 days as of today. 

I might call the clerk but still a little concerned that they'll use my packet to start their wood stove if I do. 

It might get "lost."

• Sad 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:52 PM, Sabeast said:

Union County

Qualified: 7/13

Fingerprinted: 7/16

Paperwork Handed To Pd: 7/18

References Not Contacted, Money Order Not Cashed. Emailed To Check Status + Called = No Reply

References Called September 7......Was told by police department on 9/21 "it was scheduled to go to the court next week". Called the court on 10/3, application not there. Called police detective today, was told its being sent to court "this week". Should i contact strikeforce or who would be able to help?

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Sabeast said:

References Called September 7......Was told by police department on 9/21 "it was scheduled to go to the court next week". Called the court on 10/3, application not there. Called police detective today, was told its being sent to court "this week". Should i contact strikeforce or who would be able to help?

Yes, btw my PD did almost the same thing. My PD told me they sent it out 8/16 court actually received it on September 6th. email strikeforce...

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Yes, btw my PD did almost the same thing. My PD told me they sent it out 8/16 court actually received it on September 6th. email strikeforce...

+100 this

Everyone should email Strikeforce with time lines. Keep track of all your dates. This gives them the all important data they need to present to the state. There is no consistency across all the counties and towns in "times" or "restrictions" so your help here is very important. Also, if you haven't, join the NJ 2A orgs, they need your support, freedom isn't free.

• Like 1

Just now, Lostboy said:

I dropped off my packet on 9/6 and was told this morning it's still going through in-house checks. I figure I'll give it till 30 business days? What's the strike force email?

The statute says the PD has 60 days to deny, otherwise it is approved by default. They may explicitly approve sooner.