CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

3 minutes ago, joeg said:

Once you drop off the packet to the PD and set the Identogo appointment up, do you need to let the PD know that you got your fingerprints done or will they be notified?

Assuming they gave you a case number and you put in the correct ORI, they will get the results automatically and be able to match them up with your app.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.Stu said:

Assuming they gave you a case number and you put in the correct ORI, they will get the results automatically and be able to match them up with your app.

Yes, I gave the case number.  So, once i get the fingerprints, it's just a matter of waiting I guess.  Thanks!

I got my fingerprints  done August  29 after picking  up my application  from PD in Late June and just  turned in my completed  app on September 26 they  asked if i gof my prints  and i said yes August 29 they said great why does this keep coming  up as last step in process?

18 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I got my fingerprints  done August  29 after picking  up my application  from PD in Late June and just  turned in my completed  app on September 26 they  asked if i gof my prints  and i said yes August 29 they said great why does this keep coming  up as last step in process?

I thought you had to fill out the app and when you drop it off, then you get the info to get the prints done.

My PD gives you fingerprint  instructions  as soon as you pick  up you  application   as soon as i got home i booked appointment  and it was two months  from that day  then almost  an month for Qualification  on September  22  .

12 minutes ago, joeg said:

I thought you had to fill out the app and when you drop it off, then you get the info to get the prints done.

It varies from PD to PD. Some will give it a case number ahead of time, some provide it when you have in your application, and some have a formula like NJSP that you can use to predict it.

19 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

I did mine ahead of time and they were waiting for me when I dropped off. 

Same, my Chief's admin said she was wondering why she got prints and then the next day when I dropped everything off it clicked lol

Submitted my PTC app this morning. 

My town actually did something that isn't obstructionist - they have a person in the police records division reviewing/accepting PTC applications instead of the rarely-available firearms detective. 

No appointment needed, walk in, reviews and advises if anything is incomplete, provides the info needed for fingerprints if everything is complete, and was actually cordial.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, samiam said:

I submitted to NJSP. I was somewhat concerned about predicting my CCN (based on submission date) and then missing the date for some reason. When I asked a trooper on the desk at Woodbine station about that, he assured me that they could match it up even if there was a discrepancy. OTOH he also advised me to wait until after submission to schedule my fingerprinting appointment, so my confidence in their success in matching fingerprints for an application with a non-compliant CCN was less than 100%. I opted to wait. 

My town did not provide a CCN. Like the state police they told me to use my last name and the date I submitted my application. I checked 2 weeks later just to make sure they had the prints and they did. Today is day 43.

We have 2 confirmed PTC out of monmouth County, according to 2 gentleman within FB group Monmouth County CCW.

These gentlemen claim to have called the courts and were permitted to go to the courthouse and pickup their permit prior to being sent back to their local pd. One gentleman claims the court has sent out a large batch of approved PTCs to their respective PDs according to the clerk handling the paperwork at MCSC, and that he was told there are only about 200 applications submitted to Monmouth county in total.

The permits are marked with restrictions on the permit, as well as checked See Court Order. One positive thing is that the restriction to not allow carry in or on any motor vehicle has been removed from monmouth County.

Some folks seemed to be concerned that having any restrictions listed on the actual permit, and the attached court order may jam you up in an attempt to get a non resident PA PTC as PA states your home state PTC must be "unrestricted", although the court order seems to be redundant in that the restrictions seem to be par for course already and the court are unnecessarily giving you a court order.

Attached are the screenshots shared by the 2 gentlemen. One showing the back of his permit and the other showing a copy of his court order.

SmartSelect_20221005_232413_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20221005_231749_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

5 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

The schools restriction goes beyond the statute. What if you have written permission of the governing officer? 

NJSA 2C:39-5e(1)

NJSA 18A:37-7

in my experience, the only people who get written permission are dist. employed armed security guards.  Anyone else would have to pass the scrutiny and approval by the BOE and their attorney. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRT said:

in my experience, the only people who get written permission are dist. employed armed security guards.  Anyone else would have to pass the scrutiny and approval by the BOE and their attorney. 

Exactly...I work at one of the county colleges and there has been discussion with the administration to allow CCW to carry while on campus.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, samiam said:

So, the only previous restriction that Monmouth actually dropped is vehicle carry?

Appears they also dropped the bars & nightclubs, as well as the "any place that serves alcohol" restriction, which imo were just as bad as the vehicle carry restriction.

For reference here is a copy of infamous order, although this copy was from Ocean, Daniel Francisco of monmouth confirmed receipt of the same exact order back when this first appeared.

SmartSelect_20221006_095859_Messages.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, JRT said:

You’re referring to public schools. Private schools are an entirely different matter. What if you train people in a small business? Is there a definition of educational institutes? It seems open ended. 

9 minutes ago, Kadayo said:

Sooooo.... Ocean county dropped the court orders and restrictions it seems?

That’s great news if true. Hope Mercer issues without restriction. Apparently, Mercer issued its first permit this week. Waiting to see a copy of it and if there are any restrictions attached. Has anyone from Mercer heard anything?

6 minutes ago, NYNJESQ said:

That’s great news if true. Hope Mercer issues without restriction. Apparently, Mercer issued its first permit this week. Waiting to see a copy of it and if there are any restrictions attached. Has anyone from Mercer heard anything?

Curious, where did you hear that Mercer issued its first permit?

My app went to the Mercer county court this week (in theory). The township said they would let me know when it comes back but if things get to ~40 days I will be calling the court for an update and potentially contacting the ANJRPC StrikeForce.