CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

I just received the email with my 2 latest P2Ps applied for Aug. 20. Once I  saw it was well over 60 days I began asking questions.  It was approved Oct 13th, but no email was received, and I needed to contact local PD who tried but eventually gave me a tech number of the state. That rep was excellent and cleared the issue after 2-3 different tries. Anyone waiting an excessive length of time might consider doing the same. Tech # I used was 609-586-2600.

1 hour ago, chrisfc923 said:

Just called in Monmouth Courts and apparently Judge Lucas last signed off on permit #195. I'm #205 so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. 

I am in the low 100's, I think.  Is the Number Mon 205-2022, with 205 being the application number?

I have not heard anything since receiving a copy of the letter from the Prosecutor's office about a month ago saying I was compliant.

1 hour ago, samiam said:

Can you seriously say that you think the NJ Authoritae will consider a statement on the NJSP website to be binding, when it has proven more than willing, time and time again, to blatantly violate the plain wording of NJ statutes and Amendments to the U. S. Constitution whenever it finds such legalities to be inconvenient? Jim Jones is smirking from beyond the veil. 

I think that a Federal judge will force them to hold to it.

Refusing to live up to their contract would be a willful violation of a civil right. 

That will get expensive for the state pretty quick.

3 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

I am in the low 100's, I think.  Is the Number Mon 205-2022, with 205 being the application number?

I have not heard anything since receiving a copy of the letter from the Prosecutor's office about a month ago saying I was compliant.

Correct, I was told she just signed off of a bulk of them up to 195 so theres a chance that yours is in that pile. I would call the court and verify. The lady that picked up for Judge Lucas was very helpful

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Has anyone been denied a CC permit.

People have been denied for some of the most absurd reasons.  Too many speeding tickets, going through a divorce, recovering alcoholic who hasn't had drink in years and years, etc, etc.  

THIS is why they are requiring you to appear in court.  To find ANY possible reason possible to deny you.  

They talk about it a little bit starting around the 29 minute mark in link below for about 10 mintues or so.  There was also an article I had read that explains how they are using the "concern for public safety" as a VERY broad net to atteampt to deny for just about any reason they can think of.  It varies county by county.  From what little I know some counties are issuing with little to no issue while others are making it as difficult as possible.

https://gunforhire.com/blog/the-gun-for-hire-radio-broadcast-episode-590/

2 hours ago, SJgunguy9899 said:

Well I finally got that call from the court. I have a hearing with judge Taylor in Atlantic county next week. Should be interesting 

I received a phone call from Atlantic court telling me that they are having on Nov 3 email with the details. Did you receive an EMAIL 

6 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

People have been denied for some of the most absurd reasons.  Too many speeding tickets, going through a divorce, recovering alcoholic who hasn't had drink in years and years, etc, etc.  

THIS is why they are requiring you to appear in court.  To find ANY possible reason possible to deny you.  

They talk about it a little bit starting around the 29 minute mark in link below for about 10 mintues or so.  There was also an article I had read that explains how they are using the "concern for public safety" as a VERY broad net to atteampt to deny for just about any reason they can think of.  It varies county by county.  From what little I know some counties are issuing with little to no issue while others are making it as difficult as possible.

https://gunforhire.com/blog/the-gun-for-hire-radio-broadcast-episode-590/

But again, doesnt this fall under the whole unconstitutional category? 

6 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

But again, doesnt this fall under the whole unconstitutional category? 

If you are applying and enforcing the law differently on a county by county basis then I believe a sound arguement could be made about equal protection.  

There are probably numerous constituional issues that could be brought up.  The Supreme Court recently ruled in Bruen that it would be a violation of the 2nd Amendment ,and by extension the right to carry,  to make the majority of places "gun free zones" or prohbited areas.  Yet here's NJ and NYC doing exactly that with their new proposed laws.  The law makers are attempting to pass laws THAT THEY KNOW are counter to the recent Supreme Court ruling.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Kdin1 said:

I received a phone call from Atlantic court telling me that they are having on Nov 3 email with the details. Did you receive an EMAIL 

No. She asked for my email and I gave it to her that’s all. I’m assuming I will receive the email closer to the hearing date

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I know that actually getting such things done is very time-consuming, but failure to take some time to let their constituency know what they are planning and doing is not a viable option. 

Making your plans public is the same as telling your opposition your plans. It's being worked on. Everyone knows it involves gathering data and suing. In NJ, until the new batch of bad laws passes, we are dealing with a more complex legal challenge about patterns of behavior and what is actually happening vs what's actually written in the law. Stonewalling and slow walking things is a much harder thing to successfully sue over than a black and white law in violation. This may all just accelerate and be much more clear when they pass the new laws that give Bruen the middle finger. Then lumping in what was observed on the ground becomes an add on. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Making your plans public is the same as telling your opposition your plans. It's being worked on. Everyone knows it involves gathering data and suing. In NJ, until the new batch of bad laws passes, we are dealing with a more complex legal challenge about patterns of behavior and what is actually happening vs what's actually written in the law. Stonewalling and slow walking things is a much harder thing to successfully sue over than a black and white law in violation. This may all just accelerate and be much more clear when they pass the new laws that give Bruen the middle finger. Then lumping in what was observed on the ground becomes an add on. 

This. 

Until the (unconstitutional) law is actually passed and signed into law, it’s all a bunch of mental masturbation. 
Nothing to sue over….yet. 

I believe the ANJRPC and CNJFO will take action shortly after anything is made into law. 

Someone else noted earlier that in the last 6 months, NJ gun owners have made more progress than in the last 50 years. 

Take your wins. Prepare for the next battle. It ain’t over, but y’all will prevail. 

• Like 1