CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

36 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

From what I know......They just started issuing in the past month. I heard the county actually went to Range 129, saw their facility, learned how they taught, their qualifying process, and felt this was the benchmark to use. 

The court doesn't get to make that determination, which is by and in itself subjective, a clear violation of Bruen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The court doesn't get to make that determination, which is by and in itself subjective, a clear violation of Bruen. 

Yes. We all know that. But would you rather them not approve anything? Or have a bench mark and feel comfortable approving? 

On 10/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, chrisfc923 said:

So heres my timeline for Marlboro PD...

8/26- Submitted to my PD 

9/13- Got PD approval email and sent to courts

9/30- Got emailed letter from Monmouth Prosecutors office to the judge that they don't have any objection

At this point I'm guessing I'm  just waiting for Judge to sign off

Update, judge signed off 10/28 and sending the order and permit back to my PD. I'm guessing I should have it anyday now

• Informative 1

9 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Yes. We all know that. But would you rather them not approve anything? Or have a bench mark and feel comfortable approving? 

If the court has the application, the qual has already been approved by the PD. Do they plan on visiting any other facility that an applicant uses? 

3 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If the court has the application, the qual has already been approved by the PD. Do they plan on visiting any other facility that an applicant uses? 

Had nothing to do with an applicant. 

Listen. We all know the system is screwed up. My PD refused to give an update and said ppl like me calling slows them up. 

9 hours ago, Mike77 said:

The courts job is to issue the permit. It’s the job of the PD to determine if the applicant meets the qualification, has a clean background, and good references (that part irritates me, but that’s another discussion). 

The court has nothing to do with deciding a bench mark’. 

They are no more experts in firearms qualifications than I am in underwater basket weaving. 

The court needs to focus on doing their job regarding issuing permits. 

• Agree 3

Got an email from Strikeforce. If you haven’t already, join ANJRPC, they are getting things done on our behalf. They’ll undoubtedly be working on the latest mess if it ever becomes law.

========
Re: Ocean County

Good to hear.

Yes, we’ve had several meetings and discussions with the Administrative Office of the Courts and the Office of the Attorney General on this issue.

Glad to see Ocean County is responding.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dan

Daniel L. Schmutter, Esq.

Hartman & Winnicki, P.C.

1 minute ago, samiam said:

Woodbine NJSP station also refused to give me any status information specific to my application at 30 or 60 days. Then my letter to Patrick J. Callahan was read by somebody (whether it was the registered copy received in Callahan's office, or one of the many "CC" copies I sent elsewhere that prompted the reaction, I don't know). Shortly after I got the return receipt, I received a VM message from a detective in NJSP Firearms division in West Trenton, informing me that Woodbine station would be working on my application the very next business day, and my references were suddenly contacted. Whether the letter actually resulted in my application receiving expedited attention, I have no idea. But I am absolutely certain that without it, I would still be completely in the dark about my application status. Just because we know how screwed up the system is, and that we are being buried in bullshit by our alleged public servants, doesn't mean that we need to accept that situation placidly, like a herd of grazing stock.  

Who do you recommend to contact for Camden Co? Im at 6 weeks right now and no references have been contacted yet. Unless they literally making ppl wait the 8weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Who do you recommend to contact for Camden Co? Im at 6 weeks right now and no references have been contacted yet. Unless they literally making ppl wait the 8weeks. 

6 weeks is less than 60 days. At least wait until the time allowed by statute has expired.

• Agree 1

This is for the person who said "I'm going to flash my PTC " to any police when I get pulled over 

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/driver-held-at-gunpoint-for-having-permit-to-carry-settles-with-minneapolis-park-board-100k/

Incase no-one is going to read that 

In the body camera footage, which led to a six-figure settlement late last year, it is not clear why Pham pulled his gun.

The officer later wrote in his incident report that he believed “Jenice may have a gun” after he noticed a permit to carry card in her wallet. But Pham never wrote in his report that he saw a gun.

“You didn’t see a firearm, you didn’t ask if I had a firearm, you just reacted to something that you seen in my wallet,” Hodge said, adding she does have a valid permit to carry license but did not have the gun that day.

Edited by Krdshrk
language
  • Agree 2

Berkeley Township, Ocean County

8/12  Fingerprinted and Application dropped off

8/25  BTPD called my references (after 10pm!?!)

9/12  BTPD sent my application to Ocean County Superior Court

11/4  Emailed Superior Court contact for update 

I am GP-OCN-537-22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dajonga said:

Berkeley Township, Ocean County

11/4  Emailed Superior Court contact for update 

I am GP-OCN-537-22

Im over 130 ahead of you. I emailed as well with no response. According to my unofficial source they just now are in the low 200s. Dont expect your permit until summer next year at this rate. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, IhateNJ said:

Im over 130 ahead of you. I emailed as well with no response. According to my unofficial source they just now are in the low 200s. Dont expect your permit until summer next year at this rate. 

I truly feel for you guys and gals. I jumped on applying as early as possible and still thought submitting my packet July 19th was too late. My feeling was there would be a huge rush and of course the possibility they'd move the goal posts. I did get mine in October finally. My permit is in the 120's for Ocean County.

Edited by Moutinas

On 11/4/2022 at 11:22 AM, IhateNJ said:

This is for the person who said "I'm going to flash my PTC " to any police when I get pulled over 

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/driver-held-at-gunpoint-for-having-permit-to-carry-settles-with-minneapolis-park-board-100k/

yeah.... Im not flashing shit at anyone. As a matter of fact, I'll keep all of my gun related documents as far away from my license as possible. Is anyone really going to hand their gun to an officer so he/she can clear it? Probably not doing that either. As far as im concerned i dont carry at all except for when i do everyday. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:20 AM, Kdin1 said:

I am scheduled for Nov 17th for Atlantic court. Was scheduled for Nov 3 but due to family medical issue I asked to the court for the next time there would be hearing and they said Nov 17. 

I’m scheduled for a hearing 11/17 in Gloucester. Submitted my application on 8/10 in Woolwich Twp.  No references were contacted. 

On 11/4/2022 at 11:22 AM, IhateNJ said:

Well, she's black. And yes, I'm going to say it - black folks get treated a LOT differently by police. Unless you are a minority yourself you cannot dispute that. I've seen where white guys wave actual weapons in front of cops and they basically just laugh it off and tell them put it away. But a black person gets the beat down and some have been shot and killed. 

11 hours ago, Lostboy said:

yeah.... Im not flashing shit at anyone. As a matter of fact, I'll keep all of my gun related documents as far away from my license as possible. Is anyone really going to hand their gun to an officer so he/she can clear it? Probably not doing that either. As far as im concerned i dont carry at all except for when i do everyday. 

My best defense is to look for where cops hide, and make doubly and triply sure I am not going to violate traffic laws especially in front of them. I know many of their hiding spots in my regular drives. In an actual stop say nothing other than what's necessary, take the ticket and fight it in court. My PTC is not usually visible. It's in a hidden compartment of my wallet or purse. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

My best defense is to look for where cops hide, and make doubly and triply sure I am not going to violate traffic laws especially in front of them. I know many of their hiding spots in my regular drives. In an actual stop say nothing other than what's necessary, take the ticket and fight it in court. My PTC is not usually visible. It's in a hidden compartment of my wallet or purse. 

And if you use Waze instead of Google maps, people are indicating cops on the map, in real time. I love the app for that feature, has saved me a few times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, g17owner said:

And if you use Waze instead of Google maps, people are indicating cops on the map, in real time. I love the app for that feature, has saved me a few times.

I use the built in nav in my car but also waze on the side. 

• Like 1