CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

10 minutes ago, g17owner said:

And if you use Waze instead of Google maps, people are indicating cops on the map, in real time. I love the app for that feature, has saved me a few times.

I wish Waze would have saved my ass a few weeks back, driving through west Texas. 
87 in a 75. 

Ooof. 

7 minutes ago, g17owner said:

Its only 12 over. No biggie. I wish we had a 75

$195 fine. 

There are many stretches of Texas interstate that has 80mph speed limits. 

Edit: I’m wrong. Some areas are 85mph. 
https://www.txdot.gov/content/txdotreimagine/us/en/home/safety/driving-laws/speed-limits.html

5 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

$195 fine. 

https://www.txdot.gov/content/txdotreimagine/us/en/home/safety/driving-laws/speed-limits.html

Damn, thats like Jersey prices.

8 minutes ago, brucin said:

Maybe Beto will change the speeding laws?:p

As Colion Noir says, his real name is Robert, and he refuses to call him Beto. He's just trying to appeal to hispanic population by calling himself Beto. FWIW

1 minute ago, g17owner said:

As Colion Noir says, his real name is Robert, and he refuses to call him Beto. He's just trying to appeal to hispanic population by calling himself Beto. FWIW

I'm aware. If I was a registered voter in Texas I would refer to him as that jackass. Sorry to all the genuine jackasses in Texas  

Only the four hoofed ones.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

My best defense is to look for where cops hide, and make doubly and triply sure I am not going to violate traffic laws especially in front of them. I know many of their hiding spots in my regular drives. In an actual stop say nothing other than what's necessary, take the ticket and fight it in court. My PTC is not usually visible. It's in a hidden compartment of my wallet or purse. 

I drive extra carefully when transporting firearms. I always have and always will. 

15 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

$195 fine. 

is that the going  fee for a speeding ticket? guess I shouldn't carelessly race police from my agency lol. I can't count the number of times ive left the police department saw a cop from my dept and smoked passed them doing 90. meh they know my car and the rookies that don't see my ID before my dl. some of the perks of being a cop without being one.

I also see the general vibe from the police about nj being shall issue which is why I wouldn't show them i have mine

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, IhateNJ said:

is that the going  fee for a speeding ticket? guess I shouldn't carelessly race police from my agency lol. I can't count the number of times ive left the police department saw a cop from my dept and smoked passed them doing 90. meh they know my car and the rookies that don't see my ID before my dl. some of the perks of being a cop without being one.

I also see the general vibe from the police about nj being shall issue which is why I wouldn't show them i have mine

Your username is kinda ironic, because this is why I hate NJ. Is there any particular reason the rules don't apply to you? Do you have special driving skills? Is there something about your vehicle that would make it clear to someone waiting to pull out into traffic or change lanes that you're going to arrive much sooner than expected? My guess is probably not.

Having people in a position where the rules don't apply to them is bad enough, but to then crow about it as if it is funny instead of disgustingly corrupt is demonstrative of why this is such a shitty State.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

Your username is kinda ironic, because this is why I hate NJ. Is there any particular reason the rules don't apply to you? Do you have special driving skills? Is there something about your vehicle that would make it clear to someone waiting to pull out into traffic or change lanes that you're going to arrive much sooner than expected? My guess is probably not.

Having people in a position where the rules don't apply to them is bad enough, but to then crow about it as if it is funny instead of disgustingly corrupt is demonstrative of why this is such a shitty State.

If you cant beat them...join them.  We all know the system is corrupt and justice in this state isnt blind to those that have connection and cash. What does crying about the system being corrupt get you? Same old same old. The state is never going to change with the corruption. I learned long ago that I could either cry about it like some and think that I can vote and get rid of corruption in this state (lol) or join them and get some of the same perks. 

You'll be a happier person once you learn you arent going to win against the corruption in NJ and the only way to win is to leave or join in anyway you can. 

• FacePalm 2
  • Disagree 5

I'll be checking with the court this week to see if they can provide some kind of idea where my application sits.

I submitted my application to PD on July 26, and i received notice on October 12 that it was with the court, so I'm over 110 day s total and approaching 30 with the court.

EDIT - Just got off the phone with the court.  The VERY nice woman who answered the phone advised that there was a huge influx of applications and people calling for status updates, so she took my information and forwarded it on to one of the administrators who would follow up with me.

20 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Don't feed the troll.

You gave him exactly what he wanted, attention.

Typical mindset of a wannabe LEO. Guarantee you he's a dispatcher that walks around with an owb phone, military boots, and the cop cut to match. Might have even flunked the academy.

Anyhow, really hoping we see an uptick in approved applications this week.. as we approach the holidays I can only imagine the vacations amongst court personnel is going to greatly delay what is already a snail-paced process.

And to think - I scoffed at the records clerk back in July when he said "you MIGHT get it by December, maybe even later". 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2022 at 12:16 AM, g17owner said:

Its only 12 over. No biggie. I wish we had a 75

Technically GSP is 80mph. The signs say otherwise, but you WILL NOT get pulled over between mile marker 0 to ~135ish unless you are doing 81+

The "understood" limit was 85 before Corzine almost died in a state trooper SUV that was doing 95+ through ocean county.

1 hour ago, dajonga said:

Ocean County update.... Word on the street is they are working on applicant #'s in the low 200's. As applicant 537, I expect to see my permit around Easter.

Last I've seen confirmed as of last week was #186

The number approved applications have been extremely inconsistent week to week. I wouldnt be surprised though if this week they get up to near ~250, as 2 weeks ago it seemed like the got out 40 in one clip.

However, it's all a guess with this shit-show of a process.

Best of luck, fingers crossed, knock on wood and all that good stuff

As promised, and ON topic, updating my timeline.

Final timeline - Mendham Boro, Morris County

8/15 - Package submitted to PD
8/16 - Fingerprinted @ Identogo location
8/17 - Fingerprints processed
9/8 - Application hand delivered to Morris County Superior Court by detective from PD
9/15 - Called court to ensure they received my application. They confirmed they have it.
10/28 - Money order cashed
11/3 - Permit signed by judge
11/4 - Permit mailed to Mendham Boro PD
11/7 - Picked up from PD as soon as it arrived

84 days total. Exactly 60 days at the court.

The only restrictions in the court order are:
  1. Carry the guns qualified with
  2. Carry the court order
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, g17owner said:

9/8 - Application hand delivered to Morris County Superior Court by detective from PD
9/15 - Called court to ensure they received my application. They confirmed they have it.

Any restrictions, etc.?

Just now, CMJeepster said:

Any restrictions, etc.?

Carry the court order, carry the guns qualified with. That's it. 

I will carry a digital copy of the order and a backup photocopy in the glovebox or console just in case of a low phone battery.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

39 minutes ago, g17owner said:

Carry the court order, carry the guns qualified with. That's it. 

I will carry a digital copy of the order and a backup photocopy in the glovebox or console just in case of a low phone battery.

Congratulations! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, g17owner said:

The only restrictions in the court order are:
  1. Carry the guns qualified with
  2. Carry the court order

Bah humbug! I mean... congratulations!

• Haha 1