CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

3 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Veterans day and thanksgiving - vacations are coming! Then we have Christmas. Things will get slow for sure.

Good point, you know they weren’t completing apps the Labor Day week either. I know someone who had jury duty 9/6 to 9/9 and called the Friday before the holiday see if they had to report the Tuesday(9/6) after the holiday and they were advised via the automated message their jury service was completed. So its not just a single day, at the local gov levels its a week. so I agree the the holidays will likely bring it all to a complete stop.

3 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Then there is A4769, where the courts are on record that they want “out” sooner rather than later. 

this part I don't get, care to elaborate? 

13 minutes ago, M1152 said:

this part I don't get, care to elaborate? 

The bill removes the courts from the process and leaves approval up to chiefs of police. But there was a transition period, I believe up to 6 months.  During the testimony someone from the courts said that they wanted that provision to go into effect sooner, immediately if I recall. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, joeg said:

How do you know when the app was delivered to the court by the PD?

The detective from my town let me know when he dropped it off but then I also followed up and called the court to verify.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Warren County has started to issue permits once again. I surmise that once A4769 was put on hold the judge had no choice but to review and issue or deny. I am told the judge is not in the court this week but will return next week. I was advised that my application should come under his hand next week and I would receive a call when it was ready to pick up.

• Like 2

Morris county is issuing.

Chester NJ just gave out the first 5 or so today. App end of August, signed nov 3 iirc, picked up today. Think it got sat on at the pd a bit while they awaited instructions but they were very supportive the whole way.

restricted to listed pistol, will submit additional but need to see if there is a known process.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Just checked online and my money order was cashed today, so that's progress.

Morris county, so probably within the next 3 weeks I SHOULD be complete.

I'm at about 105 days as of now.

This prompted me to look.  My money order was also cashed, in Morris County.  Sometime between Oct 25 (last time I looked) and today.

My application was only complete, with fingerprints, on Sept 22.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 10X said:

This prompted me to look.  My money order was also cashed, in Morris County.  Sometime between Oct 25 (last time I looked) and today.

My application was only complete, with fingerprints, on Sept 22.

Same here in Morris County, MO was cashed today. Application was sent to court on 10/25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pho3nix said:

They sandbagged a ton of them and are batch processing.

Denville PD sandbagged my application. Tomorrow day 80 that they have it. Checked money order not cashed. Certified letter written by attorney arriving tomorrow at Chief, Judge Hubner, Judge Rabner and Attny Gen Platkin.

1 hour ago, Shortfuse said:

GP# 598 Submitted 105 Days ago SITTING in court 46 Days   Ocean County

Man, I thought I was bad with the low 400s but almost 600. Oh well you could have  gotten worse. I hear there are some poor fools in the 800s. 
At the rate they are processing dont expect yours until very late or end of 2023 and those in the 800s wont get theirs until 2024. 

That would be kind of funny in a way by the time those in the 800+ just get their permits some will be doing renewals. 
It takes them what probably like 1 min if that per application. All the judge has to do is stamp it and move to the next. If his ink pad needs some new ink i'd supply it if it meant he was doing more than 30 a month. 

Since there's not alot of time between now and 3pm and presumably everyone in this thread values the right to carry, please take a peek at this thread and register your opposition to A4769 which will nullify our right to carry after all the hard work we've done to be "given permission to exercise our rights".

• Informative 1

Gloucester county update submitted Completed app on 9-26 references contacted on 10-31 Police called me 11-8 and told me i was  approved and they sent app to court checked  last night and confirmed  money yhas been  cashed. Now  i await  court date and i here Gloucester  county has been really good at getting  them done.

• Like 1

I picked up my permit on 11/10. Warren County. There was at least a dozen in the pile waiting to be picked up. Must carry the court order. Court Order refers to following current and future laws applying to NJ CCW. No other restrictions listed. Seventy plus days at the court. I ordered an I.D. carrier for the permit and Court Order. A copy of the court order will be kept in each vehicle I own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LTC said:

A copy of the court order will be kept in each vehicle I own.

I'm going to do that as well (along with keeping a digital copy on my phone) 'just in case'.

I can't imagine losing the copy I'll have with the permit, but better to have an extra copy around...

4 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

Any validity to the rumor that Monmouth County is going to rescind its restrictions?

Strikeforce (Dan Schmutter & Scott Bach) have been in direct talks with both the AG’s offices and the leadership at the Superior Courts. I’m certain it helped in Ocean County. I believe what’s happening is that these government agencies are being guided on what Bruen v NYSRPA means to the current NJ way of doing business and the reasonable ones are falling in line. If they don’t voluntarily change their ways they know what comes next. It’s inevitable and who wants to waste resources and time. Only the most faithful to the cause will hold out and it’s at their own peril. The talk of personally going after people outside of qualified immunity is real and I think these officials have been told as much.