CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

For anyone in Monmouth County.  Just a heads up for anyone wanting to add a pistol to their PTC issued by Monmouth.  Apparently the new Judge who is working on PTC application, Judge Oxley, wants any additions to a permit to be done via a brand new PTC application.  So, no easy amendment.   Not worth the hassle from where I sit, but in case anyone is thinking it's easy to add a pistol, it is NOT easy to add...  Not in Monmouth...

I am kind of bummed as when I did my quals the range insisted on only one qualification because it was at the time when the NJSP issued guidance suggesting that you only needed to qual with one firearm.  The range wouldn't accommodate more than one per training session because they had a good faith belief that it was not necessary to do more...  Bummer.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

48 minutes ago, MrAceJD said:

For anyone in Monmouth County.  Just a heads up for anyone wanting to add a pistol to their PTC issued by Monmouth.  Apparently the new Judge who is working on PTC application, Judge Oxley, wants any additions to a permit to be done via a brand new PTC application.  So, no easy amendment.   Not worth the hassle from where I sit, but in case anyone is thinking it's easy to add a pistol, it is NOT easy to add...  Not in Monmouth...

I am kind of bummed as when I did my quals the range insisted on only one qualification because it was at the time when the NJSP issued guidance suggesting that you only needed to qual with one firearm.  The range wouldn't accommodate more than one per training session because they had a good faith belief that it was not necessary to do more...  Bummer.

I still am on the "the 2c states the permit good for any gun" idc what they type on the card. If it says no restrictions, and type a serial number, means nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

I still am on the "the 2c states the permit good for any gun" idc what they type on the card. If it says no restrictions, and type a serial number, means nothing. 

are you the same one that said "im going to flash my ptc, lube myself up and spread for any cop that stops me in the car?
Funny you will flash all your ptc to a cop but ignore a judges orders. Again let me know how that works out for you, lol. 
I think NJGF will have its first trial case on what happens when you ignore court orders on your ptc.  I know some where wondering about that. 

6 minutes ago, IhateNJ said:

are you the same one that said "im going to flash my ptc, lube myself up and spread for any cop that stops me in the car?
Funny you will flash all your ptc to a cop but ignore a judges orders. Again let me know how that works out for you, lol. 
I think NJGF will have its first trial case on what happens when you ignore court orders on your ptc.  I know some where wondering about that. 

Ummm... I never said that, and why would you flash a ptc card to a cop?? 

20 hours ago, IhateNJ said:

Nah as soon as the gophers pen dries after signing there will be TROs filed against it probably the same day which 
halt the law from taking effect. 

A application for a TRO would only prevent the law from going into effect if the TRO is granted. It is highly likely that the Federal Judge who hears the application for a TRO will deny the TRO and allow the law to take effect. Do not hold your breath and assume the new law is the law as soon as it is passed and signed by the Governor. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

A application for a TRO would only prevent the law from going into effect if the TRO is granted. It is highly likely that the Federal Judge who hears the application for a TRO will deny the TRO and allow the law to take effect. Do not hold your breath and assume the new law is the law as soon as it is passed and signed by the Governor. 

being the law is the same that got shot down in NY, how can a judge allow it, when Supreme Court tossed it in NY?

6 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

being the law is the same that got shot down in NY, how can a judge allow it, when Supreme Court tossed it in NY?

Supreme Court didn't toss it in NY. It has not yet reached the Supreme Court. It is currently being litigated in the 2nd Circuit.

1 hour ago, g17owner said:

Supreme Court didn't toss it in NY. It has not yet reached the Supreme Court. It is currently being litigated in the 2nd Circuit.

The only hope we'd have is Alito is the justice who'd grant cert for NJ. Sotomayor is for NY.... So if  Goldman Bucky signs this clown world bill there is chance it would make it to SCOTUS and ruin it for all the antigunners.

34 minutes ago, Ferris said:

The only hope we'd have is Alito is the justice who'd grant cert for NJ. Sotomayor is for NY.... So if  Goldman Bucky signs this clown world bill there is chance it would make it to SCOTUS and ruin it for all the antigunners.

Yeah, I looked the other day to see who is our judge,  Justice Alito is assigned to NJ. Now since he’s from Trenton originally, he no doubt knows the deal here. If this becomes law and knowing his stance on 2A law, I’d hope he tells the 3rd circuit to fast track this because on its face it is in defiance of Bruen. There is a good chance we’d get a Trump appointed judge since he filled a good amount of empty seats in the 3rd. Those temporary restraining orders seem never to favor our side and if they do, not for long. 
Been really enjoying my freedom pass and would not be happy having it limited to walking our dogs.

8 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Ummm... I never said that, and why would you flash a ptc card to a cop?? 

Oh sorry thought that was you. There was someone posting on here that said "I dont care what the law says i if i get stopped I will flash my ptc to any cop that stops me and go from there. 

Lets sum that up with 

idiots.jpg

23 hours ago, chrisfc923 said:

So on Oct 28th Monmouth County Judge signed off on my paperwork. I followed up with them on Nov 3rd and they assured me it would be sent out that same day. Weeks pass by with no answers and my PD still not receiving the paperwork. Finally yesterday I get this email:

Mr. (Deleted),

I have followed up on the status of your permit.  My clerk originally reported sending the completed paperwork to the local police department on 11/3. However that information was incorrectly reported.  I can confirm my staff is sending out the completed paperwork to Marlboro today.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but appreciate your continued patience as we work diligently to address these applications. 

Sincerely,

(Deleted)

Criminal Division Manager

Superior Court of New Jersey

Monmouth Vicinage

Basically almost a full month after its been signed off they tell me they are going to send out smh

They did similar to me in Hudson - the date signed on the card was 18 days earlier then when they called me to get it. Large time gap.

• FacePalm 1

16 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

I qualified with one pistol so that's all I have on my permit, but would like to add more in Hudson and am likely going to hear the same story - full reapplication process from scratch. Here is my thinking though; my originally issued is still good while I wait for the new application process. So (except for the outrageous cost) the money is all I'm out while I wait for the updated permit. Am I looking at this correctly?

6 hours ago, LineItem said:

I qualified with one pistol so that's all I have on my permit, but would like to add more in Hudson and am likely going to hear the same story - full reapplication process from scratch. Here is my thinking though; my originally issued is still good while I wait for the new application process. So (except for the outrageous cost) the money is all I'm out while I wait for the updated permit. Am I looking at this correctly?

Sounds reasonable, it's just a pain to do all that paperwork, signatures, notary, etc., all over again.  Plus, who knows that could change in parallel that could create further complexities that are unforeseen.  I will sit tight with my one pistol permit while the universe stabilizes.  Doing a brand new application to add a pistol is silly in terms of complexity.   We have valid permits.  Other counties simply add based on quals.   At least that's what folks are posting, I can't confirm.

Seems unnecessary.  So this means that if someone has a catastrophic failure of their pistol and the manufacturer has to replace it, which means a new purchase permit, you have to reapply for a new PTC.  Seems overkill...

35 minutes ago, MrAceJD said:

Seems UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  So this means that if someone has a catastrophic failure of their pistol and the manufacturer has to replace it, which means a new purchase permit, you have to reapply for a new PTC.  Seems UNCONSTITUTIONAL...

FIFY

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Shortfuse said:

Ocean County GP# 598 Submitted 7/29 sent to Court 9/26 sitting in Court 64 days

LOL again username checks out. There are others with a permit lower than yours that have been waiting longer and we arent posting every day.  With someone with such a short fuse like yours maybe its better if you wait longer. Gonna have to start calling you 
Yosemite Sam 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437093/?ref_=tt_ch

LOL, would you people learn to crop out information?
I'm sure John Irwin of toms River NJ didnt want you doxxing them. (just a rough guess based off name /email partial matches) 
If I wanted to I could find them. 

https://www.wikihow.com/Crop-Your-Images

I swear if for some idiotic reason the courts dont strike down or worse upholds the social media requirement crap alot of you are going to be crying about how you cant get a permit now. 

Or lets use Yosemite Sam or Shortfuse for another example. Just a few searches and I've seen 
where they post online, their phone number,  their name..and now with with that info since they are from bayville I can run an ocean county tax record hit or public records court search etc.  and have their address.
Point of all this is you need to be careful on what you post, lol. 

With all that info I can now use NJ red flag laws if I wanted to and just show the posts and say im concerned and off all their guns go without due process 

53 minutes ago, IhateNJ said:

LOL again username checks out. There are others with a permit lower than yours that have been waiting longer and we arent posting every day.  With someone with such a short fuse like yours maybe its better if you wait longer. Gonna have to start calling you 
Yosemite Sam  
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437093/?ref_=tt_ch

So the name of this thread is NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience not Bitch and preach to everyone that posts and I post once a week not every day why are you even here

• FacePalm 1

42 minutes ago, Chad-williams said:

Just got approved in Cumberland county. Unrestricted permit. Application submitted 9/19. 70 days. The PD should call me to pick it up later this week.

Im on same date in CamCo, and none of references been called. Last week PD claims me getting fingerprinted, bc i got an email saying to, is causing an issue, bc i was fingerprinted years ago. 

5 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

Ocean County GP# 598 Submitted 7/29 sent to Court 9/26 sitting in Court 64 days

I’m from Mercer and my application has been at the courthouse for 94 days as of today with no expected ETA. I was informed my application was number 58. It’s much worse in Mercer County, be happy you’re not from here.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

26 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

I’m from Mercer and my application has been at the courthouse for 94 days as of today with no expected ETA. I was informed my application was number 58. It’s much worse in Mercer County, be happy you’re not from here.

About the same timeline here in Somerset County , still haven't herd anything at all, police sent it to the courts within 2 weeks of submitting . Emailed the PD last week no response  as of yet. I have herd that the court isn't going by order submitted to them but processing so many for each town. Don't know if thats true but my fathers buddy got his in 60 days in Manville . He didn't submit until beginning of Sept.

Pa resident submitted to Augusta SP barracks 8/19 (Sussex County)

-fingerprints 8/20 (in PA)

-MO cashed between 9/30 and 10/7

-Called 11/28 for pickup from SP barracks

I left the Municipal Code blank (I'm out of state). References never contacted. Permit approval date is 11/18. "See Court Order" box checked. Court order limits carry to qualified pistol only and requires carrying permit and "a copy of this order". A court appearance was not required. Permit number is in the 170's. Had zero communications from police, prosecutor, or court during my wait.

The SGT. at the barracks had a stack of 12-15 additional permits waiting for pickup.

"a copy of this order" does not specify a printed copy, electronic copy, or otherwise. As such, I will print the copy and have an electronic copy on my phone for backup. Same with permit. Forgetting to have your permit and court order when carrying could be punishable by a contempt of court charge. I'm looking forward to the day when these court orders go away...

• Informative 2