CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

6 minutes ago, NJ2AMBR said:

Ocean County applicants are going to picket in front of Ocean County  Courthouse, due to slow response.

Article can be found at Shorenewsnetwork.com

hope this helps, Carry on

Good. I'd be down for same in Mercer.

• Agree 2

Hi,

I need an affidavit of ownership. I lost the paperwork.

My PD said it needs to be notarized, but i assume that is just an official witness, correct? or is the notary in addition to the witness on an 

Affidavit?

does anyone have an example of what an affidavit looks like? is it as simple as.

I Mr Mister affirm that i do indeed own the Beretta 92FS S/N xxxxxxx 

Signature Date

Witness Signature Date

Notary name

Signature and seal

News out of Monmouth County via Jay Factor on FB Group New Jersey Firearms Owners Syndicate:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/364613487270249/posts/1728971554167762/

His post rambles a bit, but I think the gist of it is:

He had a pre-Bruen lawsuit appealing denial of his permit for justifiable need.  Today he had his court hearing for the granting of his permit.

He went with lawyer David Jensen.  Jensen argued in court that there should be no court-ordered restrictions on the permit (such as limiting to qualified guns, etc.).  The judge *AGREED*, and issued his permit with no restrictions or requirement to carry a copy of court order (and I'm assuming there were no court orders associated with the permit).

Supposedly, under "equal protection", any Monmouth county PTC holder with court-ordered restrictions can now file a motion with Monmouth County court to have their restrictions removed.  Possibly this will extend to PTC holders in other counties too.

From his FB post:

...In the pre-trial conference Jensen took the playbook and made it clear we were not accepting any Court Orders or Riders. The prosecutor works for Megan Doyle (who recused herself because she knows me.) Obviously with 200 plus letters out to Grant & Rabner, all copied to me, and the newer ones all copied to Jensen, the Prosecutor's Office knew what they were up against. And it was like Jensen was doing some Jedi mind tricks and speaking through the Judge, because she made it perfectly clear, she agreed with Jensen.

It was almost surreal, Judge O'Malley asked a question and then answered it for Jensen. Her words were, "I know how Mr. Jensen feels about this."

The only win we could expect to get in this case was no limitations, no court order, and no rider. (including qualification weapons.) Because if we get that, we get that for everyone. The guys with the Court Orders can now file motions to dismiss and use my non-limited permit as the equal protection reason as to why their Orders need to be dismissed.

And that is exactly what we got. 7 minutes. No restrictions out the door. Like you guys, I don't have it yet. But the PB&J people got a win. Even if it was a small win, it was a win. ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gidian said:

Hi,

My PD said it needs to be notarized, but i assume that is just an official witness, correct? or is the notary in addition to the witness on an 

Affidavit?

does anyone have an example of what an affidavit looks like? is it as simple as.

Signature Date

Witness Signature Date

Notary name

Signature and seal

This worked for me, I signed in front of the notary who then notarized

name
address
city, state, zip
phone
email
NJFPID #:

I attest to legal ownership of the following handguns. Pistol Purchase Permits for each are on file with the NJSP and the (your town) Police Department.

Manufacturer    Model        Serial #
Smith & Wesson    4566        XXX1234

x _____________________________________

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

I filed my application through NJSP.  I'm on day 117 and I haven't heard anything.  I sent a letter to the Superintendent of NJSP on day 102 requesting an update on the status of my application and informing the superintendent that my application was deemed approved on day 61.

The letter was picked up in Trenton two weeks ago.  I can track the letter online but oddly, the return receipt was never sent back to me by USPS.  But I have proof that it was picked up.

I have received no response to my letter, just like I received no response to my emails I had sent to my local NJSP station before I sent the letter.

I plan to contact the court to inform them that my application has been approved by the NJSP in early October. (61 days as per 2C:58-4). And asking the court to approve my application even if the NJSP won't comply with the law.

I'm looking for some guidance in doing that.  I don't mind doing the research but I don't even know where to start.  Anybody know the legal process to notify the courts that it's time to approve my permit or at least point me to some document where I can figure out the process for myself?

Thanks in advance.

• Informative 1

10 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

I filed my application through NJSP.  I'm on day 117 and I haven't heard anything.  I sent a letter to the Superintendent of NJSP on day 102 requesting an update on the status of my application and informing the superintendent that my application was deemed approved on day 61.

The letter was picked up in Trenton two weeks ago.  I can track the letter online but oddly, the return receipt was never sent back to me by USPS.  But I have proof that it was picked up.

I have received no response to my letter, just like I received no response to my emails I had sent to my local NJSP station before I sent the letter.

I plan to contact the court to inform them that my application has been approved by the NJSP in early October. (61 days as per 2C:58-4). And asking the court to approve my application even if the NJSP won't comply with the law.

I'm looking for some guidance in doing that.  I don't mind doing the research but I don't even know where to start.  Anybody know the legal process to notify the courts that it's time to approve my permit or at least point me to some document where I can figure out the process for myself?

Thanks in advance.

NJSP has an Office of Professional Standards. File a complaint with them. That may wake them up.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Gidian said:

Hi,

Affidavit?

Signature Date

Witness Signature Date

Notary name

Signature and seal

Pretty much. 

If you are in Sussex/Morris/Passaic County (Wayne and environs) I can notarize for you for free. Let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Thanks in advance.

This is how someone else has been trying to get their (non-resident) PTC application processed by NJSP. 

This is NOT ME, I don't have any more info besides these letter copies:

image.thumb.png.f046637f5fbbc66822f556936a8a845b.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/992262027739398224/1035977591863128124/Complaint_-_Redacted_-_Page_1.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/992262027739398224/1035977592349659216/Complaint_-_Redacted_-_Page_2.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/992262027739398224/1035977592777486446/Complaint_-_Redacted_-_Page_3.png

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, chrisfc923 said:

So heres my timeline for Marlboro PD...

8/26- Submitted to my PD 

9/13- Got PD approval email and sent to courts

9/30- Got emailed letter from Monmouth Prosecutors office to the judge that they don't have any objection

At this point I'm guessing I'm  just waiting for Judge to sign off

Update:

10/28 - Judge Signed off on Court Order/Permit

11/29 - PD Finally got Court Order/Permit and contacted me to pick up

11/29- Picked that sucker up!

• Like 4

On 12/1/2022 at 2:16 PM, Chad-williams said:

73 days.

foto_no_exif (16).jpg

congrats on the permit but more importantly correctly croping information off so it cant be used to find you IRL. 
I see others doing it too (finally). 

Just a reminder to keep your information safe cause its not that hard for them to find you, lol.

Again not a cop but access to such fun systems as they do. Not that I would do anything to invalidate my CJIS cert. 

search.png

23 hours ago, Gidian said:

Hi,

Affidavit?

Signature Date

Witness Signature Date

Notary name

Signature and seal

See attached template - change everything in yellow

Blank Affidavit of Ownership.docx

• Informative 1

17 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Thanks in advance.

Followup:  Received an email from NJSP today.  The email says that my application was sent to the courts 1 day before I wrote my letter.  Quite a coincidence.

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, DirtyDigz said:

News out of Monmouth County via Jay Factor on FB Group New Jersey Firearms Owners Syndicate:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/364613487270249/posts/1728971554167762/

His post rambles a bit, but I think the gist of it is:

He had a pre-Bruen lawsuit appealing denial of his permit for justifiable need.  Today he had his court hearing for the granting of his permit.

He went with lawyer David Jensen.  Jensen argued in court that there should be no court-ordered restrictions on the permit (such as limiting to qualified guns, etc.).  The judge *AGREED*, and issued his permit with no restrictions or requirement to carry a copy of court order (and I'm assuming there were no court orders associated with the permit).

Supposedly, under "equal protection", any Monmouth county PTC holder with court-ordered restrictions can now file a motion with Monmouth County court to have their restrictions removed.  Possibly this will extend to PTC holders in other counties too.

From his FB post:

I wonder what the process is to file a motion.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:45 PM, Chad-williams said:

Carried all day while running errands. Felt good. Hopefully ANJRPC v. Platkin gets decided soon and I'll no longer have to carry 10 round mags.

Enjoy it, in 3 weeks it will be a felony. 

• Crazy 1