CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

3 hours ago, Tesla2014 said:

I heard that one should submit 2 pistol qualifications first then once approved then send in additional pistol qualifications so not to arise any red flags with the judge? Is that true? I handed in much more than 2 qualifications because it takes forever after approved to add on the qualifications. I'm by Totowa NJ.

Given that it's taking several/many months for the application to move through the process (if at all), I think most want to avoid adding anything that will potentially raise a red flag or further delay things.

I didn't see any guidance that said only X number of guns should be included on an individual application, but most people i've spoken with (and interacted with online) have included one or two.  If you've got three or four I doubt it will raise an eyebrow, but if you've got ten or twenty there may be questions coming back to you (which could potentially put you at the back of the line)

Good for you for handing in "much more" than two.  I personally think that being limited to the guns listed in the app is silly, but that's the current way things are in NJ.  If you do get push back I think you should share immediately with Strikefore.

• Like 1

133 days today still  haven't herd anything from Somerset County. Reached out to the PD last week got a quick response  that they didn't have it and the courts are backed up , called the courts talked to the clerk who connected me into voicemail for the person handling them , almost a week now and I am guessing i won't here back from them anytime soon. My fathers buddy got his in Manville in like 62 days and he submitted over a month after me. Pretty sure they are stalling now waiting for the senate vote then they will deny them all and send them back.

34 minutes ago, Bzerk said:

133 days today still  haven't herd anything from Somerset County. Reached out to the PD last week got a quick response  that they didn't have it and the courts are backed up , called the courts talked to the clerk who connected me into voicemail for the person handling them , almost a week now and I am guessing i won't here back from them anytime soon. My fathers buddy got his in Manville in like 62 days and he submitted over a month after me. Pretty sure they are stalling now waiting for the senate vote then they will deny them all and send them back.

I'm  on day  73 PD said they sent my app to court  beginning of November  i left a voicemail  foe for the  court  clerk on Tuesday the 23 didn't  think  I'd  hear back  either  but she called  back very next day and said she received  my app on November 14 but due to backlog  she probably  wouldn't  be contacting  me again  until end of January  which sucks she was very polite  and courteous  and said i could check back anytime  this  is Gloucester county  BTW sorry  to hear they haven't  atleast  called you back I'd  reach out again  if i were  you.

So far I am impressed. I dropped off my application on Dec 8th in the early morning and my references received a letter in a postage paid envelope, Friday and Saturday, with a post mark of the 8th. meaning near zero delay in starting the process.

I will keep you all posted, but wanted to share some initial impressions.

Any idea how long it takes for mental health records to come back?

• Like 1

So i heard something regarding ocean county and why they are so slow compared to everyone else 

I heard it goes from the Police to the court (where they are fast as lightening to cash that money order) then from the court to the prosecutor and then from the prosecutor back to the court to be signed by the judge. 

Its bad enough the honorless judge is involved in this besides wasting tax payers money and stone walling the permit process what other reason would the prosecutor be needed in all this? All the background checks were already completed at the PD level. 

Is this even true? Part me me says NJ couldn't be this stupid or bad but then its NJ and they are all about being stupid, and useless at the gov level. 

On 12/13/2022 at 4:34 PM, IhateNJ said:

So i heard something regarding ocean county and why they are so slow compared to everyone else 

I heard it goes from the Police to the court (where they are fast as lightening to cash that money order) then from the court to the prosecutor and then from the prosecutor back to the court to be signed by the judge. 

Its bad enough the honorless judge is involved in this besides wasting tax payers money and stone walling the permit process what other reason would the prosecutor be needed in all this? All the background checks were already completed at the PD level. 

Is this even true? Part me me says NJ couldn't be this stupid or bad but then its NJ and they are all about being stupid, and useless at the gov level. 

Gizinski signed off on my permit but it came with the court order of a dozen sensitive places. My PD sent it off within two weeks and she took another 2 1/2 months. I had my application in early July so not many in front of me. She fits your description.
However, in less than a week after an email request to Judge Ryan's law clerk (not a notarized letter or a court appearance) I had a court order rescinding Gizinski's order. Judge Ryan went as far to explain that "this court being of the opinion that the designation of said "sensitive places" is more appropriately deemed a legislative function". To my way of thinking, Judge Ryan is on our side. Now there are 3 judges assigned to carry permits by last count. I can't speak to the third judge but Ryan was quick and correct in his assessment of the ridiculous court order.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:29 AM, CMJeepster said:

You really don't know this?

Oh i had a good feeling about it . 
What is with this state and bringing in all the losers who run for gov? I mean retarded gophers who isn't qualified 
to operate a toaster to lardass whales who should have been taxed just due to the massive amount of resources he consumes daily. 
Once this jackass leaves one can only wonder what new jackass will place him and the retarded voters of NJ that will vote for said retard. 

images.jpg

On 12/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, Displaced Texan said:

I can’t help wondering what attorney would be willing to help y’all with a class action lawsuit against the state/counties stonewalling permits…

There's already an effort underway in Monmouth Co. that may eventually have an effect on all counties:

image.png.5110fdc0f0304c0071ec6e45974ab59b.png

Good Morning All

Has anyone in Ocean County added a firearm to their already issued carry permit?  If so, what was the process?  I was able to add one prior to getting it my emailing the paperwork to the court clerk.

Thanks

Jan

39 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

Honestly with the back log of pending permits, I wouldn’t even attempt adding another firearm anytime soon.

I appreciate that, but IMO I think they need to get as many requests as possible flooding in.

They CAN'T ignore things if it's a constant activity...

On 12/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, Deff said:

Update from Middlesex County…

8/15 applied

9/1 pd called and said mailed to court 

9/15 pd called to say your notary stamp not there. The raised seal was, but not the rectangular box  

10/3 given back with notary stamp in place 

11/1 called criminal division at x. 88155. Person said it was sent up to the judge on 10/12. Couldn’t give a timetable but said to ‘um expect a call soon’. 

12/9 got a letter from judge that no proof ownership included. Went to pd and they said I was the second person to receive that letter today and that it was bs.

DEFF, what do you mean by "proof of ownership"? Did you not include the Affidavit of ownership document to your application?

Submitted my paperwork today at the Hamilton SP barracks. No appt needed, just show up they said. Trooper in charge was very nice and even looked through to make sure I had everything. Gave me all the info I needed for identigo. I asked how things are going and he said lots of people turning in paperwork with very few permits being given. He is swamped with apps and a 60 day turn around not happening. He gets his end out within 30 days but things are being held up else where. They are over there heads with all the paperwork, system is not setup for any of this. Said hopefully once it goes electronic things will be better.

3 hours ago, dino71 said:

DEFF, what do you mean by "proof of ownership"? Did you not include the Affidavit of ownership document to your application?

‘Proof of ownership’ is what the letter I received from courts said I was missing. Total BS since I included the damn receipt for the purchase and a copy of the permit to buy.

Just looked through copies of my paperwork and I did not include an ‘affidavit of ownership’. That wasn’t what my Township requires. Township specifically stated ‘Proof of ownership can be a purchase receipt or purchase permit OR in the event you cannot supply a copy, we will accept a notarized statement of ownership listing the make, model and serial number’. 

Funny coincidence… my name is Dino too. Lol. 

1 hour ago, PoppaPops said:

Submit your quals and let us know how that works out for you.

Huh?

I submitted my carry permit application in July.

If/when I receive it I plan on adding a couple of pistols to see how Morris county handles the process.

I plan to update the forum on "how that works out" for me.

Can't tell if you're just frustrated at the process or trying to be a jerk.

2 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Huh?

I submitted my carry permit application in July.

If/when I receive it I plan on adding a couple of pistols to see how Morris county handles the process.

I plan to update the forum on "how that works out" for me.

Can't tell if you're just frustrated at the process or trying to be a jerk.

A lot of assumptions there buddy. I’m far from being frustrated, I received my permit to carry back in October. It all comes down to what county you’re in. Some are handling these permits way better than others. You’re on month 5, which is horrible.

I’m just saying,, add all the pistols you want, but you’re not going to see them any time soon considering you’re still waiting on your permit. That backlog must be crazy at this point.

It’s a shame that all the counties are not on the same page. My process took a little over 90 days. Folks waiting 5 months is just ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

I’m just saying,, add all the pistols you want, but you’re not going to see them any time soon considering you’re still waiting on your permit. That backlog must be crazy at this point.

I think we're aligned.

I got my application in as quickly as possible because I wanted to be sure towns/counties were forced to take action.  I had zero expectations that I'd see a permit quickly, so we're getting close to my initial guess of six months for a turnaround.

Same with adding pistols (which I think is nonsense anyway).  I have no expectation that it will happen quickly, but I think it will be harder for the towns and courts to ignore the process if there's a lot of activity in it.

8 minutes ago, winmag45 said:

Does anyone know the number of the contact person at Hudson County courts to see if a permit is in the pile yet?Thanks

If you don't find a person you can try the criminal division:

https://www.njcourts.gov/courts/vicinages/hudson/offices#toc-criminal-division

I did that for Morris county.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, Schrödinger's cat said:

This is what I’m up to

Jackson Twp. Ocean County

I got my contributor case number before I filled out my application 

7/27/22  Fingerprinted in Philadelphia 

8/21/22 Qualified at Shore Shot

9/1/22 Dropped off packet Jackson PD

10/12/22  References called….

:threaten: