CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

On 12/25/2022 at 8:34 AM, JackDaWack said:

I met Anthony well before he had this large business, way back at the bullet hole. This guy has been fighting for us for over 20 years, and providing gunnowners with tons of options in a state that hates us.. I will never knock on that guy just because he runs a successful business or had a carrypermit when others didnt.. He doesn't fear monger to get money, you can choose to patronize him or not. Imagine a guy gets his carry permit, and still fights for everyone else to get theirs.... not sure where the complaint is in that.

He’s also had a massive target on his back. People dox him with impunity and cut off their nose to spite their face and throw all sorts of crap at him. Yes he has a business, so what? I thought conservatives were in favor of capitalism? 

On 12/25/2022 at 8:28 AM, JackDaWack said:

But is anyone else prepared? 

What training class did they approve? 

How do you show them you have liability insurance? 

I'm a Scout, so I'm always prepared.

"They" haven't, but have until mid-year to set the requirements.  I will pivot on this accordingly.

I've got liability as part of my umbrella policy.  I just did a review of it last week.

If anyone is on Reddit, myself and the other moderators on r/NJguns are organzing a donation campaign to help raise funds for the lawsuits. Check it out and consider donating. https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/zvuol7/rnjguns_donation_campaign/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, always_an_eagle said:

If anyone is on Reddit, myself and the other moderators on r/NJguns are organzing a donation campaign to help raise funds for the lawsuits. Check it out and consider donating. https://www.reddit.com/r/NJGuns/comments/zvuol7/rnjguns_donation_campaign/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

done

Edited by M1152

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you all.

I dropped off my application 7/13 with Franklin Lakes Police (Bergan County)and was told I could only have two pistols added to by permitt.

I got an email on 12/14 saying I had to appear before the court in 12/20 regarding my permitt. I almost canceled my application based on what I had hear about getting called in to the court and loosing all you guns but decided to go regardless.

A out 15-20 applicant were in the court. I heard the cases of about 4-5 people and all were approved. Some were as silly as having left a question blank on the application. Mine had to do with my daughter posting something stupid about guns on the school website when she was 16(5 year# ago).  He wanted to know is she lived in the house and issued an order I am not allowed to give her access to my firearms. Not sure what giving me a carry permitt has to do with here having access to all the gun I have owned for 25 year but was not going to Argue.  I ask why I was restricted 2 two Gun, he said I could add as many as I want and to just submit my certifications to the police chief and that I was told two max in error.

On 12/28 I received my permitt from Franklin lakes police. The informed me that moving forward the police chief was the only  approved needed and permits would be issued much quicker.  

DB33FFC2-CDF6-4EDE-B240-B8B40978E93C.jpeg

728E6403-700B-40C3-88D7-7229F96C8D82.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

13 hours ago, bennj said:

Glad you got your permit, but aren't you extremely concerned that not only did they possibly check your social media, but also that of everyone in your family?

My 'social media' footprint is pictures of me with family and friends and pictures from business trips.

My local PD is welcome to waste their time perusing through it...

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jfoster99 said:

Hi All,

I dropped off my application 7/13 with Franklin Lakes Police (Bergan County)and was told I could only have two pistols added to by permitt.

I got an email on 12/14 saying I had to appear before the court in 12/20 regarding my permitt. I almost canceled my application based on what I had hear about getting called in to the court and loosing all you guns but decided to go regardless.

A out 15-20 applicant were in the court. I heard the cases of about 4-5 people and all were approved. Some were as silly as having left a question blank on the application. Mine had to do with my daughter posting something stupid about guns on the school website when she was 16(5 year# ago).  He wanted to know is she lived in the house and issued an order I am not allowed to give her access to my firearms. Not sure what giving me a carry permitt has to do with here having access to all the gun I have owned for 25 year but was not going to Argue.  I ask why I was restricted 2 two Gun, he said I could add as many as I want and to just submit my certifications to the police chief and that I was told two max in error.

On 12/28 I received my permitt from Franklin lakes police. The informed me that moving forward the police chief was the only  approved needed and permits would be issued much quicker.  

5+ months, wow. Wonder if that’s considered excessive? You may actually be able to carry in January if that judge puts all the sensitive places on hold. For now enjoy getting the mail and walking the dog down the center of the street, ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moutinas said:

5+ months, wow. Wonder if that’s considered excessive? You may actually be able to carry in January if that judge puts all the sensitive places on hold. For now enjoy getting the mail and walking the dog down the center of the street, ha.

Need a hug bro?

On 12/29/2022 at 12:10 PM, Jfoster99 said:

Hi All,

Welcome to the club Brother!

2 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Got my permit in September

About a week ago I got a letter from the Clerk of the Court saying that if there is a change in my status or residence or if I sell my gun I need to report it to the State Police and the Court and surrender my permit. 

Sure would like to see them focusing on the self-created backlog of applications rather than the what ifs and maybes.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

About a week ago I got a letter from the Clerk of the Court saying that if there is a change in my status or residence or if I sell my gun I need to report it to the State Police and the Court and surrender my permit. 

Are "they" making this shit up, or does it actually appear in writing anywhere?

15 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Change in your status? Meaning what? New Pronouns? 

• Haha 2

Picked my permit up today. Monmouth County.

10/05/22 - dropped everything off at PD except fingerprints
10/20/22 - Got fingerprinted at IdenToGo
11/01/22 - PD confirmed fingerprints received
11/23/22 - PD advised application approved, sent to court
12/05/22 - Money order cashed
12/19/22 - Monmouth Co. Prosecutor "No Contest" letter rec'd via email
01/03/23 - PD called to say PTC ready for pick up
01/04/23 - PTC picked up
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

01/04/23 - PTC picked up

Congrats. Enjoy carrying on your sidewalk as long as it's not a govt sidewalk 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

01/04/23 - PTC picked up

Congratulations Friday I will be at day 137 and as of today my money order has not been cashed.

Going to be an interesting conversation when I call the court Friday.

11 hours ago, Golf battery said:

6 months. Finally got it.  And the courts still can’t figure out how to spell protection.  Embarrassing 

Congratulations, my friend!  I'm going to start my process soon now that the judges have been taken out of the process.  I will contact you about the things that we've talked offline about before I do anything.

• Like 1

So if we start the process today, what has changed?  Other than the judicial branch being removed?  Do we need different references?  Still need to be notarized?  Qualifications changed?  

I know these are a lot of questions but I can't seem to find the answers reading through all of these posts.

44 minutes ago, ryan141 said:

So if we start the process today, what has changed?  Other than the judicial branch being removed?  Do we need different references?  Still need to be notarized?  Qualifications changed?  

I know these are a lot of questions but I can't seem to find the answers reading through all of these posts.

New Jersey State Police website.

I tried getting you a link, but the website is stating the following: “ A number of state websites and applications are experiencing an unexpected interruption. Please know our teams are working hard to get everything up and running for you as soon possible”

2 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

I tried getting you a link, but the website is stating the following: “ A number of state websites and applications are experiencing an unexpected interruption. Please know our teams are working hard to get everything up and running for you as soon possible”

Thanks for trying!

2 minutes ago, PoppaPops said:

Placeholder:  NJ State Official Website

FYI, don't click on the link if you're not prepared to see a picture of the Gopher.