CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

4 hours ago, Philasipha said:

I've started the application Where do we find our municipal code?

I heard NJSP is changing the app, they're no longer accepting the old one, and the new one will be out un two weeks...not sure how accurate that report was...

As for municipal codes you can Google and get a list of all the codes for NJ.

• Like 1

Completed EVERYTHINg,... took days. Called SP and was told " Its all online"

I said, the forms are but I need to drop it off. He again said " its all online" 

States at the top of the new updated form on SP website 1. APPLY IN PERSON

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/Permit_To_Carry_Instructions.pdf

NOT GONNA BE EASY!!!

• FacePalm 1

31 minutes ago, samiam said:

I hope you logged the time and date of the call, a summary of the conversation (as above), and the name and badge number of the NJSP employee you spoke to, for possible "future use"... At least the desk sargent I spoke to the other day had enough sense not to outright lie to me... 

Also, how are you certain that the instruction form is new? Do you have a copy of the previous version? If it is new since 6/23, the fact that it does not accurately reflect the NJ Adminstrative Code requirements for completing and submitting SP 640 could potentially be useful in litigation, should that ultimately prove to be necessary.

The form is dated on the NJSP website! Take a look. I have the old form as I did it and then had to Re-do it again today as they changed it around 9:30am. The new form removes the need / want verbiage.

Link to form and ( date) : https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/forms.shtml

Look at Form: SP642

stopped into lindenwold pd today. lady was nice. she wasn't too sure what all went with it. it is literally 2 pages only that she gave me.....one for the application, other for the references.

she was very polite, and tried to be informative, but also mentioned that she didn't think anyone should have a gun......it was a struggle to not be wise. but i wasn't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

stopped into lindenwold pd today. lady was nice. she wasn't too sure what all went with it. it is literally 2 pages only that she gave me.....one for the application, other for the references.

she was very polite, and tried to be informative, but also mentioned that she didn't think anyone should have a gun......it was a struggle to not be wise. but i wasn't.

She working for the wrong department then.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 338lover said:

thanks man! i'm gonna fill those instead.

nother question. i asked her about the pictures. i thought it'd be profile face other profile. she told me that they're all just face....head on. yes? no?

17 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

She working for the wrong department then.  :facepalm:

that's why it was a struggle. cause i wanted to ask her how she felt about her co-workers all carrying every day around her.........

• Haha 1

so it appears that NJ13:54-2.4... gives 4 choice to an applicant to comply for qualification.....am I missing something or are scores not necessarily manditory ........as long as one has passed a Pistol Course and signed off by a Cert NRA Instructor......

On 6/27/2022 at 1:54 PM, CMJeepster said:

"Until we see statutes, we don't know what we'll be fighting." - Dan Schmutter, Esq.

The Gun For Hire Radio Broadcast: Episode 579 - Best Gun Range NYC and NJ Area | Gun Range Near Me

He's assuming they will change, but at the moment they have not. I'm applying ASAP to try to get in before they move the goal posts

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

that's why it was a struggle. cause i wanted to ask her how she felt about her co-workers all carrying every day around her.........

Sounds like she's one of those "only the police should have guns" type of people.  :icon_rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

so it appears that NJ13:54-2.4... gives 4 choice to an applicant to comply for qualification.....am I missing something or are scores not necessarily manditory ........as long as one has passed a Pistol Course and signed off by a Cert NRA Instructor......

That's come up here somewhere and I too am curious what the current (right now) deal is.  I'll be talking to a friend who actually is one of those unicorn civilian permit holders (alarm company owner) soon.

27 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

He's assuming they will change, but at the moment they have not. I'm applying ASAP to try to get in before they move the goal posts

I'm swaying between wait a while and do it now.

24 minutes ago, samiam said:

The "new" form is a friggin' joke, and a stupid, half-assed one, at that. They removed the "justifiable need" text box, and just rearranged the other fields on the form to take up the space. Everything else remains the same, including the instruction to "attach bond paper" if more space is needed. Yeah, that will work on-line, in FARS. NTM that while the moron who revised this took out the text box for describing the justifiable need, the check box for the judge's disapproval because of lack of same remains ("G"). Furthermore the NJSP page you linked to clearly correlates the Firearms ID card with FARS, but fails to make any mention of that system in conjunction with SP 642. This is the work of bozos. I, too, have completed my form, except for getting the endorsements signed, but I have no intention of switching to the new version yet, because I am almost certain that is going to change again, probably very soon.

Agreed.  I see shenanigans ahead for those that apply right now.  Something to the effect of, "We're revising the process and will get back to you soon" type shit.  #FPM