CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

On 7/8/2022 at 11:19 PM, RadioGunner said:

AFAIK just the range qual. This can always change, but from what I was told it’s the qual.

What did armed guards and other permit to carry holders submit in the past? Those requirements shouldn’t have changed. 

I have obtained my 'restricted' NJ "carry" work permit for the past 10 years. My most recent renewal was a few months ago in May of 2022. Good for only 2 ridiculous years. 

I only qualified w our same certified firearms instructor. BUT my scores which are only good for 6-months, was expired by a week or so. I submitted my scores ANYWAY. My scores have always been perfect 150/150, never scored less. The qual was 7 yards all the way out to 25 yards. The gun you shoot with, is the one 'allowed' by your permit. More Ridiculousness.

Submitted all this jersey extreme and onerous application around late March of 2022. Got my renewal around late May 2022 even though it shows the judge approved it early May 2022. Picked up from local NJSP barracks. There was no "training course". There was no need to "appear before a judge."

Had NO probs with that Sagem Morpho or however it's spelled it terms of getting an appointment this past winter 2022. AT THAT TIME..... 

20 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

If so they are possibly violating NJ law. NJ does not require notaries to do anything but sign and witness the signature. Any stamps, raised or foil seals are extra and not even standard practice or prescribed under NJ law. I am a bank notary and all I ever do is sign. I have a stamp just to make it official but it isn't required. 

I am a NJ """restricted""" """carry""" for work permit holder for the past 10 years. My current (short 2  ridiculous years) renewal was recent, May 2022. 

My PREVIOUS renewal was issued right before the (coof) coronavirus pandemic. Around late January 2020. That application process was started in the Fall of 2019. I want to say Oct. 2019.

At that time. I used a different notary. Which was a notary at my personal bank. My bank's notary used a stamp only. This was submitted to the NJSP and the new Superior Court Judge (Camden) REFUSED IT. Saying that 'stamped' notary seal was not acceptable. Outrageous. I know the previous judge that did my renewals years past was a good Gun Guy, even owned an AR. But he was very old and had already passed away. 

So then. I had to REDO my horrendously onerous application again with our nice notary at work. Our notary has a raised seal and stamp and notarized my redone application BOTH the raised seal AND stamped seal. 

YES. Jersey truly does make up it's own laws as they go along. 

OBEY THE SUPREME COURT NJ. OBEY THE SPIRIT, LETTER, TEXT, AND COLOR OF THE ABUNDANTLY CLEAR DEFINED SCOTUS RULINGS. 

OBEY THE LAW OF THE LAND NJ. OBEY OBEY OBEY, PERIOD.  

32 minutes ago, quikz said:

.......Submitted all this jersey extreme and onerous application around late March of 2022. Got my renewal around late May 2022 even though it shows the judge approved it early May 2022. Picked up from local NJSP barracks. There was no "training course". There was no need to "appear before a judge...

So the NJSP is the one that forwards the to the Judge ? and one day NJSP contacts you and says your carry permit is here ?  Who actually prints / makes the the actual physical permit ?

32 minutes ago, quikz said:

.......Submitted all this jersey extreme and onerous application around late March of 2022. Got my renewal around late May 2022 even though it shows the judge approved it early May 2022. Picked up from local NJSP barracks. There was no "training course". There was no need to "appear before a judge...

So the NJSP is the one that forwards the to the Judge ? and one day NJSP contacts you and says your carry permit is here ?  Who actually prints / makes the the actual physical permit ?

2 minutes ago, CJack said:

Depending on the type of armed guard, it will go through NJSP.  Armored car apply direct to NJSP. 

12 hours ago, CJack said:

Yeah, not sure if this is NJ thing. The lady in NewCity said lot of people are trying to get the fingerprints done, govt jobs, school teachers etc.. I did peak at the screen with list of people for that day and  atleast 10 were from NJ for firearms related fingerprinting.

Makes sense since they're gearing up for the start of the school year. 

19 minutes ago, CJack said:

1. Yes. They said to "Trenton."

2. Yes.

3. Not sure who prints the """carry""" permit card itself for my part time gig. BUT....That card IS NOT designed to 'conveniently' fit in your wallet. I always trim mine down. They dont even want you to ""carry"" your """""carry""""" permit! LOL! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I just went most of the way through the Identogo scheduling process. Maybe this works differently for me for some reason, but I could only see the next 7 days of appointments, and didn't see any obvious way to extend that. There are no available appointments near me in South Jersey in that time frame. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Philadelphia and suburbs seem to have have plenty (I could have scheduled for 9 AM tomorrow if I wanted) so it looks like I'll be paying the extra $40 and driving there. I need to look at my schedule and then decide which faciiity to schedule. I'll probably pick Ardmore - it's a couple extra miles, but I'm somewhat familiar with it and I shouldn't have any serious parking problems. 

I decided to use 8/1/2022 for the "application date" portion of Contributor Case Number I need to make this appointment. My training/qualification is on 7/30-31, so that date is the soonest I'd be able to turn in my paperwork, and it shouldn't take me more than a couple of days after that, so I figure it's a safe choice...

My local pd didn’t use the format you see floating around here as the contributor number. Was 2022-“set of numbers”. If I had used the format people around here are saying it wouldn’t have matched what the pd gave me and I’m sure would have screwed up the processing. 

just my experience. You might want to hold off and see the number your pd gives you once you turn in your application in case it’s different as mine was. 

37 minutes ago, ToddD said:

My local pd didn’t use the format you see floating around here as the contributor number. Was 2022-“set of numbers”. If I had used the format people around here are saying it wouldn’t have matched what the pd gave me and I’m sure would have screwed up the processing. 

just my experience. You might want to hold off and see the number your pd gives you once you turn in your application in case it’s different as mine was. 

My PD did same. 22-numbers.  The cop who took in the app commented about how people are going around doing their own thing and its difficult to track if people use different format.

Could anyone give me some clarification?

I am getting my CCW packet in order to submit to my police department Monday June 11 at 10 AM. I already printed out and filled out my three copies of the permit to carry handgun application and noticed in the denial section that it stills says lack of justifiable need there. Is there an updated application where this denial reason is not needed or is the current form?

12 minutes ago, always_an_eagle said:

I am getting my CCW packet in order to submit to my police department Monday June 11 at 10 AM. I already printed out and filled out my three copies of the permit to carry handgun application and noticed in the denial section that it stills says lack of justifiable need there. Is there an updated application where this denial reason is not needed or is the current form?

06/22 version.. yes, still has that checkbox in the "Reason for disapproval" section.. as long as you took it from the njsp link, you are good to go. .

1 hour ago, always_an_eagle said:

I like that it is still on there. It is a poke in the eye to all the judges that used to deny us.

There's a check box to deny on the grounds of lack of justifiable need AND YOU CAN'T USE IT! :yahoo:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bennj said:

I was looking over SP642 and have a question. What do they mean by 'complexion'? Pock-marked, weathered, clear, like a baby's butt? I already figured out race means foot or car, I'm going with foot.

Clear, smooth, rosy complexion... ?

6 minutes ago, bennj said:

Awww, you're just pulling my leg, that ain't gonna fit. I've never seen a form that asked for complexion, wouldn't that be covered by race? What should an old, but dashing, American of Italian descent put? I plan to start my app soon.

"Olive" ? JK.. Lol..I would just put the color of my skin, to the best interpretation of myself .. unless I guess you put "purple" or something dramatic like that.

1 hour ago, bennj said:

I was looking over SP642 and have a question. What do they mean by 'complexion'? Pock-marked, weathered, clear, like a baby's butt? I already figured out race means foot or car, I'm going with foot.

White black, brown etc 

10 hours ago, psychwarfare said:

There's something in the NCIC personal descriptors manual that I found through Google that suggests complexion be tone based..

Fair, light brown, etc...in the manual it listed the abbreviations

A hint for those of Scottish descent:

I’m actually pale blue: it takes me a week of sunbathing to turn white.

:peep:
  • Haha 1