CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

20 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

Permit received. NJSP Sussex, backdated 2 flipping months! So I guess I’m renewing early.

So what, if any, restrictions are on your permit?

You might post this in the Sussex County thread too.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

So what, if any, restrictions are on your permit?

You might post this in the Sussex County thread too.

None other than the gun.

54 minutes ago, FNfiveSeven said:

Yes, second this. I'm most curious of the restrictions. Sussex njsp here. Hopefully there is nothing crazy......

None other than the gun, must carry order. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Maybe we're getting closer to the real answer for Ocean County:

May be an image of text that says '2:22 3 Messages KF Kim Marie Farruggia To: Dylar 2:14PM RE: CCW Application iDylan, well and am looking ward to the weekend! The judge hasn been replaced. to handl the approva process handles denials hey added another Judge judge Hope thi infor mation helps. Have Kim great weekend! See More'

Interesting process --- is there a 3rd Judge who looks at ALL the applications  and decides which to funnel to the "approver" and which to "funnel" to the denier - lol. Or maybe the clerks do that - lol...And if the PD-Chiefs already sign-off on these applications, what basis are they using for denial anyway.

Add-On: This may imply that there are more denials than one may think, if taking denials out of the total package makes it materially easier for the "Approval" judge.

Edited by Combat Auto
another thought
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

Interesting process --- is there a 3rd Judge who looks at ALL the applications  and decides which to funnel to the "approver" and which to "funnel" to the denier - lol. Or maybe the clears do that - lol...And if the PD-Chiefs sign-off on these applications, what basis are they using for denial anyway.

My guess

County prosecutor found something or incomplete package sent over

35 minutes ago, Bzerk said:

Saw a post on Reddit looks like Middlesex County is trickling the permits out . Hopefully Somerset County will finally start to do something,

Trickling being the operative word. I called Middlesex Superior Court today, they gave me no useful information and would not provide a status on my application, all they wanted to do was get off the phone. In Middlesex, we have a problem. They have hundreds if not thousands of applications and there probably issuing 5 to 20 (estimated) maximum per week? We got a problem, I emailed strikeforce a second time with no response, I doubt they care. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Trickling being the operative word. I called Middlesex Superior Court today, they gave me no useful information and would not provide a status on my application, all they wanted to do was get off the phone. In Middlesex, we have a problem. They have hundreds if not thousands of applications and there probably issuing 5 to 20 (estimated) maximum per week? We got a problem, I emailed strikeforce a second time with no response, I doubt they care. 

They care. Listen to Anthony Colandros podcast. He feels like we do, but the lawyers with strike force need to do this carefully. 

• Agree 1

What sucks is that those of us, like me, that week after week say to themselves "yet another week has passed... and nothing", Monday is a state and federal holiday. So, another day lost as we wait for "permission to exercise our rights".

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, g17owner said:

What sucks is that those of us, like me, that week after week say to themselves "yet another week has passed... and nothing", Monday is a state and federal holiday. So, another day lost as we wait for "permission to exercise our rights".

That's the problem. The person I spoke to at the court would not give me a timeframe, I'm past 90 days and like you I keep telling myself "Maybe next week", "maybe tomorrow", but the fact is we really don't know when or how this will play out. At some point, an individual like myself or some organization will have to fire off a lawsuit. I think it could be getting to that point....

• Like 1

Just now, marlintag said:

an individual like myself or some organization will have to fire off a lawsuit

I'm still under the 60 days but will be stopping in at the PD on day 61 to enquire as to status and remind them that the statute is 60 days.

Lawsuit should be interesting as the same guy who signs my paycheck also signs the PD's

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MB24 said:

Haven't  seen this mentioned yet but typically in business and I'm guessing legal matters you don't count weekends and holidays so that's 60 work days. approximately 76 actual days.

Try that with the 90 day handgun permits. Won't work in your favor.

I feel like I am one of two people here from Monmouth County.  Anyone have any updates on experience with Monmouth?   I know that a batch of letters from the Prosecutor's office were sent out as a cc, which were directed to judiciary, on certain applicants appearing to be compliant with the statutory requirements.  

Anyone have anything other in terms of updates?

4 hours ago, marlintag said:

Spoke with Hudson county clerk today, finally. She said (when I said my name) she knew who I was and was in the list, but that they're "Waiting for the prosecutor to give approvals, and they have 15k people now in the queue. The prosecutor is only sending them for signature by the judge in batches of 200 every few weeks."

She also said I wasn't in the recent batch. I turned all of my paperwork in on 7/5. I mentioned that I'm solidly over 90 days waiting and she responded that it wasn't their problem; it could be months more and I would "just have to wait".

• FacePalm 1

1 hour ago, Kdin1 said:

An earlier post said that Atlantic county was going to sign permits yesterday 10/6 Does anyone know if Atlantic County did sign any 

I know for a fact, AtlCo has approved, and some have permits in hand. No Restrictions,  No Court Order....only qual gun on back. 

1 hour ago, LineItem said:

"Waiting for the prosecutor to give approvals, and they have 15k people now in the queue. The prosecutor is only sending them for signature by the judge in batches of 200 every few weeks."

If we take that at face value, and assume that 'a few weeks' means only two weeks, then those at the back of the queue should be approved/denied in around 34 months. From now.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

None other than the gun.

None other than the gun, must carry order. 

But....IS the gun a restriction? it doesn't say it. Restrictions say NONE. Per 2C, permit is good for all guns. The gun typed on back is just something they are going....it's not exactly the law as it is written 

28 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

I know for a fact, AtlCo has approved, and some have permits in hand. No Restrictions,  No Court Order....only qual gun on back. 

Good to know 

Do you know how long of a timeframe from start to signed permit