CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

How dare I get a root canal and 6 hours sleep without reporting here to everyone!

Patriots that are "So-Called" showed up FOR YOU yesterday. NO, we don't show our cards to let everyone know which shoe drops first. Stop being the same petulant child that needs a spanking the likes of which our opposition got yesterday.

We're all volunteers. We have lives too. CNJFO sent an email blast, so did you get it? No? Maybe it's time to JOIN or at least sign-up for FREE EMAILS??

You're welcome!

~R

No photo description available.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

How dare I get a root canal and 6 hours sleep without reporting here to everyone!

Patriots that are "So-Called" showed up FOR YOU yesterday. NO, we don't show our cards to let everyone know which shoe drops first. Stop being the same petulant child that needs a spanking the likes of which our opposition got yesterday.

We're all volunteers. We have lives too. CNJFO sent an email blast, so did you get it? No? Maybe it's time to JOIN or at least sign-up for FREE EMAILS??

You're welcome!

~R

No photo description available.

HUH?

2 hours ago, MikeL417 said:

Break Break Somerset County I was phoned at 8am by the court to tell me that I was approved and permit was heading back to PD for pickup. Of course I will post photo evidence as soon as it is in hand!

Thats great news , finally movement. When did you apply ? and what town if a could ask ? I am at like 92 days , still waiting

6 minutes ago, samiam said:

Even that kind of statement, were it officially issued from one of those organizations, would be satisfactory, on at least a temporary basis. What is not at all satisfactory is complete silence. If keeping your supporters 100% in the dark is what you deem critical to your success, I hate to inform you that you have already lost the war, decisively. Blind trust is all too frequently exploited for total abuse. That lesson may be lost on some people here, but not on me. 

They aren't silent. They just aren't saying it in public forums like this. You are noticing your lack of involvement and investment in staying on top of things, not the failure of others to do things. 

Probably the most publicly accessible venue where you might see stuff are the gun for hire podcasts/videos. 

I've been involved in this crap for decades now, but don't have the free time I used to. I'd take the current strategy over the much more vocal folks who came before and could barely get out of their own way. If you know how to do it better, go out and start suing people. It's been done before, some of them even semi competently. But for all your bitching about being in the dark, have you ever reached out to any of the orgs and volunteered? No? Your level of involvement affects how information flows to you. Or not. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

If you don’t think @Smokin .50 and CNJFO are doing a good enough job of getting the info out there, why don’t you offer your services to help them along? 

They can always use volunteers for the cause. 

It’s easy to bitch. It’s harder to roll up your sleeves, or open your checkbook to contribute to the cause. If you’re not going to contribute to the solution, then quit bitching. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, samiam said:

If that was intended to be a response to my criticism of the lack on communications from 2A advocacy organizations to their supporters, my reply is this: I am a fairly recently added member and contributor to both ANJRPC and CNJFO. If I received an email blast it was either some time ago, or lacked specific information. As the post mentioned, I go to the web sites of both organizations at least twice a week, and I see no announcements about what is going on. Suppose a non-member who was interested in supporting this battle went to those web pages looking for information? What do you think that person would find to induce him to join and support the effort? I haven't been hanging on this forum for years, like some, and my perspecitve may differ from theirs for that reason. Yes, my criticism was harsh. If you think it was overly so, that is your right. If you actually took the time to read my post carefully, you would notice that I did acknowlege the time demands. However, from my perspective, the lack of communication has been almost total. Instead of slamming my post, which is not very productive even of you are 100% correct, maybe some thought could be expended by you and others on how more information might be disseminated without greatly increasing demands on volunteers' time?

You've been bitching about the same stuff for a while. Lots of other folks seem to be able to keep abreast of what is going on. Maybe you need to put a little more effort in. 

You should have gotten a CNJFO blast 10/24. It was about contact your reps. Why? Because the pending bills are the current top focus for action by the rank and file. Previously they said they wanted people to notify them of carry permit issues. Because they need to gather data and potential plaintiffs for a suit. They may not spell it out, but if you need it spelled out, there may be no helping your feeling that you don't know what is going on. If you didn't see it, check your spam filters and make sure they are on the list for bypassing spam. 

If you are an OBRPC member, attend the board meetings via zoom. They will have a segment on current actions and any news, but you have to be a member. Dunno if CJRPC has the same. 

Similarly you can sit through the gun for hire segments they publish. 

And if you don't like the way the people doing the work do it, feel free to start your own. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Updating my timeline:

8/15 - Package submitted to PD
8/16 - Fingerprinted @ Identogo location
8/17 - Identogo Message: Enrollment received - Your enrollment has been received and is being processed.
9/8 - Application hand delivered to Morris County Superior Court by detective from PD
9/15 - Called court to ensure they received my application. They confirmed they have it. Asked how far down the queue I am and he said over 100 :-(

10/28 - Money order cashed

74 days overall. 50 days at the court.

• FacePalm 1

3 hours ago, samiam said:

If that was intended to be a response to my criticism of the lack on communications from 2A advocacy organizations to their supporters, my reply is this: I am a fairly recently added member and contributor to both ANJRPC and CNJFO. If I received an email blast it was either some time ago, or lacked specific information. As the post mentioned, I go to the web sites of both organizations at least twice a week, and I see no announcements about what is going on. Suppose a non-member who was interested in supporting this battle went to those web pages looking for information? What do you think that person would find to induce him to join and support the effort? I haven't been hanging on this forum for years, like some, and my perspecitve may differ from theirs for that reason. Yes, my criticism was harsh. If you think it was overly so, that is your right. If you actually took the time to read my post carefully, you would notice that I did acknowlege the time demands. However, from my perspective, the lack of communication has been almost total. Instead of slamming my post, which is not very productive even of you are 100% correct, maybe some thought could be expended by you and others on how more information might be disseminated without greatly increasing demands on volunteers' time?

I have received at least 2 emails from ANJRPC in the last week specifically about the current carry bill and hearings. 

They dont make public announcements unless they have movement on an issue, good or bad.

Just received a copy of the court order granting my permit (Monmouth County, expiration Oct 2024) stating to pick up at my local PD. The court order specifically identifies the 2 handguns I qualified along with the 'typical sensitive areas', e.g. schools, gov buildings, polling places, etc, where it's not allowed.

Interestingly, the court order states I have to carry a copy of the court order along with the permit. I presume having a pdf copy or pics of the court order on your phone should suffice (assuming you have your phone while carrying)? Have others had this stipulation on their court order?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ParkinNJ said:

Just received a copy of the court order granting my permit (Monmouth County, expiration Oct 2024) stating to pick up at my local PD. The court order specifically identifies the 2 handguns I qualified along with the 'typical sensitive areas', e.g. schools, gov buildings, polling places, etc, where it's not allowed.

Interestingly, the court order states I have to carry a copy of the court order along with the permit. I presume having a pdf copy or pics of the court order on your phone should suffice (assuming you have your phone while carrying)? Have others had this stipulation on their court order?

Does it have the no carrying in the car restriction?

2 hours ago, ParkinNJ said:

My permit (Morris County) has the "See court order" box checked, as well. The court order only has the handgun info listed (make, model, caliber, and serial number), and that i must carry "this ORDER" at all times. I also carry a printout of the NJSP statement that Critical Defense/Critical Duty, etc. is not considered hollow point ammunition (just to avoid any confusion or questions). I ordered a bifold Minimalist Wallet Double ID Holder from ...amazon...to put it all in and it fits well. I do have the permit and court order screenshots on my phone, as well, but figured giving an officer the physical paper is better proof of authenticity, won't create a distracting glow in his/her face if reading in low light (hopefully making them feel safer), and worst case, keeps my phone handy in case I need to make a call for counsel, if further clarification is needed. I think the last thing any LEO wants to do in bright sun or low light is try to enlarge/scroll a phone screen while maintaining peripheral situational awareness. I think (just my worthless two cents) our job as responsible citizens is to help make them as comfortable when dealing with us as possible, since this is nee to them too, at least in NJ. I'll try to attach the wallet screenshots below.

Screenshot_20221029-152101_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221029-152112_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, PEACEFROG said:

what was your timeline submitting?  I too am waiting for Monmouth court judge ok

Abbreviated timeline:

8/1 - Submitted paperwork to local PD.

8/29 - PD indicated no issues from references and application will be submitted to prosecutors.

9/27 - Received letter from Monmouth County prosecutor that 'applicant appears to be in compliance with all requirements...' and application sent to Judge.

10/17 - Court order approving application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blairsden said:

My permit (Morris County) has the "See court order" box checked, as well. The court order only has the handgun info listed (make, model, caliber, and serial number), and that i must carry "this ORDER" at all times. I also carry a printout of the NJSP statement that Critical Defense/Critical Duty, etc. is not considered hollow point ammunition (just to avoid any confusion or questions). I ordered a bifold Minimalist Wallet Double ID Holder from ...amazon...to put it all in and it fits well. I do have the permit and court order screenshots on my phone, as well, but figured giving an officer the physical paper is better proof of authenticity, won't create a distracting glow in his/her face if reading in low light (hopefully making them feel safer), and worst case, keeps my phone handy in case I need to make a call for counsel, if further clarification is needed. I think the last thing any LEO wants to do in bright sun or low light is try to enlarge/scroll a phone screen while maintaining peripheral situational awareness. I think (just my worthless two cents) our job as responsible citizens is to help make them as comfortable when dealing with us as possible, since this is nee to them too, at least in NJ. I'll try to attach the wallet screenshots below.

Screenshot_20221029-152101_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221029-152112_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Appreciate the reply and good point on handing over one's phone. It's convenient to have the docs stored electronically but you're in a predicament if you actually need it to record the conversation or need to call. The permit itself isn't the most convenient size to have in your wallet so not a bad idea to have a separate bill-fold to carry the permit and the court order. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, ParkinNJ said:

The person handing out the approved permits at the Middlesex courthouse said to keep the original order with the permit while carrying even thought the order itself  says to keep a copy of the order with the permit. 

So, according to the Judge’s written pronouncement a copy of the order is enough to keep with the permit while carrying, but if you got your permit from the Middlesex court is there any possible reason why you would want to get into a legal battle with a police officer, prosecutor, judge or jury on that issue?

The order expires in two years anyways, so why not keep the original with the permit?  

43 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

The person handing out the approved permits at the Middlesex courthouse said to keep the original order with the permit while carrying even thought the order itself  says to keep a copy of the order with the permit. 

If it's not in writing, it didn't happen. In a trial that's called 'hearsay'.

You might as well listen to the building janitor.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1