CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

You’re incorrect about the photo, they take a new pic when you get fingerprinted. 

That's not what DPS says. They say they use the DL photo. 

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/handgun-licensing/ltc-fingerprint-and-photo-information

Just now, RadioGunner said:

That's not what DPS says. They say they use the DL photo. 

https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/handgun-licensing/ltc-fingerprint-and-photo-information

They didn’t in mine. 

Guys, some inside information direct from a New Jersey assemblyman that strongly opposes A4769. 

The upcoming vote on Monday Nov 21 was a last minute surprise.  Due to the short notice, attendance by assembly people is expected to be smaller than usual. 

They need 41 votes to pass the bill. I am told that if only 41 or 42 people actually show up to vote, the bill may not pass because some people don't want their vote to be the one that is responsible for the bill passing.

Additionally, there are four specified democrats that we are possibly able to sway. Two of them are in mixed red/blue districts, meaning not hardcore dem district and the threat to their seats during the next election could be enough to persuade them to vote no. Two others are known to be reasonable minded people and logical persuasion might work.

• Assemblyman Paul D. Moriarty - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073

• Assemblywoman Gabriela M. Mosquera - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073

• Assemblyman Wayne P. DeAngelo - 609-631-7501

• Assemblyman Roy Freiman - 908-829-4191

The assemblyman tells us that non-stop calls coming into the office (rather than emails) is paid attention to. If you keep their phones ringing off the hook we have the ability to influence their vote. Just be polite when doing so.
He also tells us that, while we cannot testify, we can register our opposition and attend the vote on Monday. He says a show of force can also influence the vote of those that are on the fence.

I am planning to head to Trenton on Monday. What can you do today? Keep calling these 4 assembly people, even if they don't represent your district. Let them know you oppose A4769! 

Just remember, its hard to convince someone to change their mind through harsh words and attacks. Make your opposition known like a pro!

Today is the last business day before the vote. If you are going to call these offices, it needs to be today!

• Like 2

Well according to my USPS delivery digest, it appears my letter from the court gets delivered today. Exactly 60 days from the day i submitted my application. If everything goes smoothly, i get approved, and my PD gives me my permit in 2-3 business days after approval (pretty average from what I've seen), i should have my permit in hand on Nov. 30 or Dec. 1. 72 or 73 days from date of submission of application.  Hopefully I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

8 hours ago, g17owner said:

Guys, some inside information direct from a New Jersey assemblyman that strongly opposes A4769. 

The upcoming vote on Monday Nov 21 was a last minute surprise.  Due to the short notice, attendance by assembly people is expected to be smaller than usual. 

They need 41 votes to pass the bill. I am told that if only 41 or 42 people actually show up to vote, the bill may not pass because some people don't want their vote to be the one that is responsible for the bill passing.

Additionally, there are four specified democrats that we are possibly able to sway. Two of them are in mixed red/blue districts, meaning not hardcore dem district and the threat to their seats during the next election could be enough to persuade them to vote no. Two others are known to be reasonable minded people and logical persuasion might work.

• Assemblyman Paul D. Moriarty - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073

• Assemblywoman Gabriela M. Mosquera - 856-232-6700 and 856-401-3073

• Assemblyman Wayne P. DeAngelo - 609-631-7501

• Assemblyman Roy Freiman - 908-829-4191

The assemblyman tells us that non-stop calls coming into the office (rather than emails) is paid attention to. If you keep their phones ringing off the hook we have the ability to influence their vote. Just be polite when doing so.
He also tells us that, while we cannot testify, we can register our opposition and attend the vote on Monday. He says a show of force can also influence the vote of those that are on the fence.

I am planning to head to Trenton on Monday. What can you do today? Keep calling these 4 assembly people, even if they don't represent your district. Let them know you oppose A4769! 

Just remember, its hard to convince someone to change their mind through harsh words and attacks. Make your opposition known like a pro!

Today is the last business day before the vote. If you are going to call these offices, it needs to be today!

Thanks for sharing this.

I'll be making calls today around noon...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chad-williams said:

So if A4769 passes Monday, how long until it takes effect and becomes law?

This is NJ , as soon as Bucky beaver signs it. It's easier to make more felons that way.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chad-williams said:

So if A4769 passes Monday, how long until it takes effect and becomes law?

50 minutes ago, brucin said:

This is NJ , as soon as Bucky beaver signs it. It's easier to make more felons that way.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Another couple of weeks most likely. It will still need to pass the Senate before it goes for Governor signature.

Aren't we assuming? I thought the latest news sounded promising 

Guys, the information I posted, about the 4 assembly people did indeed come from a strong 2A assemblyman. One of the strongest IMO. Its still a long shot but this has been identified as our best shot. Vulnerabilities he knows about and feels exist. Along with some advice about the best ways to be heard. E.g., phone calls, not emails, show of force in Trenton.

I worked it out so that I could take the day and be in Trenton Monday. Anyone else want to make an excuse to take the day off and join me?

We all got this lovely gift from the Supreme Court. One that I am sure we ALL lost hope of ever receiving in this hell hole of a state. NOW, we need to fight to keep it. Missing a day of work, even if its hard logistically, is a small price to pay to have this collective opportunity to fight.

-----------------

Regarding the person who asked when this bill goes into effect - The bill still needs to be voted on by the full senate. I could be mistaken but I would think they have at least one more committee meeting. But don't take my word on that. Aside from that, I either read or heard somewhere that their next legislative session is Dec 15.

As Anthony Colandro said in his podcast, if they don't pass and sign this bill by Dec 31, the whole process needs to start over in the new year. If we do get lucky and manage to push it to the new year, its entirely possible that the Supreme Court might have heard and ruled on the NY CCIA by then. And if that happens, maybe this bill never sees the light of day.

Who knows.... but you gotta be in it to win it.

• Like 3

So on Oct 28th Monmouth County Judge signed off on my paperwork. I followed up with them on Nov 3rd and they assured me it would be sent out that same day. Weeks pass by with no answers and my PD still not receiving the paperwork. Finally yesterday I get this email:

Mr. (Deleted),

I have followed up on the status of your permit.  My clerk originally reported sending the completed paperwork to the local police department on 11/3. However that information was incorrectly reported.  I can confirm my staff is sending out the completed paperwork to Marlboro today.

I do apologize for the inconvenience but appreciate your continued patience as we work diligently to address these applications. 

Sincerely,

(Deleted)

Criminal Division Manager

Superior Court of New Jersey

Monmouth Vicinage

Basically almost a full month after its been signed off they tell me they are going to send out smh

• FacePalm 1