CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

2 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

The anti concealed carry bill passed the Senate on Monday. It will almost cerainlly become law soon. Be careful. 

I wonder what this will do to those of us who have submitted their application but haven’t been processed yet. I submitted my application 10/8, and as of last week there were still 35 people ahead of me. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Vig said:

I wonder what this will do to those of us who have submitted their application but haven’t been processed yet. I submitted my application 10/8, and as of last week there were still 35 people ahead of me. 

IMO the passage of the bill will have no bearing on the permit process (particularly for those 'in flight').

Supreme Court decision forced NJ to remove the 'justifiable need' stupidity, so they are compelled to process the applications (albeit VERY slowly).

The bill attempts to severely limit/eliminate carry options for people who eventually receive them.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

IMO the passage of the bill will have no bearing on the permit process (particularly for those 'in flight').

Supreme Court decision forced NJ to remove the 'justifiable need' stupidity, so they are compelled to process the applications (albeit VERY slowly).

The bill attempts to severely limit/eliminate carry options for people who eventually receive them.

But the application process is changed by the bill

Court  could easily send as yet unfinalized application back to PDs to be approved under new procedure

4 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

It has ALOT to do with the application process.  More money,  more references,  more training,  and insurance coverage all must be added to the new application process.  This state absolutely sucks.

7 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

RTSP should be ashamed of themselves for selling Danielson a gun.  I wish he would come to my range and try that.  I was told that they woulod have NOTHING for him if he tried to get one here.

If you don't realize by now, these ranges are only there to make a buck and it don't matter from who or when.......they're in Biznez to do that......y'all just got a boot in the ass from the State of NJ...your only pawns in their game and plan.

3 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

If you don't realize by now, these ranges are only there to make a buck and it don't matter from who or when.......they're in Biznez to do that.

No.  You are wrong.  My range would NEVER sell him a gun...even if they could make a million dollars on it.  That is a fact heard right from the owners mouth.  They dont have to sell him SHIT!

• Crazy 1

13 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So what's your range......GFH.....guy's been the biggest self promoter for decades.....Ha....Had a CCL when no one could get one and not former LE only connected to whoever....grade a Blowhard, IMO.

Anthony Colandro has done more to help us than almost anyone!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So what's your range......GFH.....guy's been the biggest self promoter for decades.....Ha....Had a CCL when no one could get one and not former LE only connected to whoever....grade a Blowhard, IMO.

Yea well your opinion is like assholes...everyone has one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So what's your range......GFH.....guy's been the biggest self promoter for decades.....Ha....Had a CCL when no one could get one and not former LE only connected to whoever....grade A Blowhard, IMO.

There was a time when it was much easier to get one. I knew several business owners in the 90s that had them. Not sure when Anthony had his tbh but my assumption is that it was back then. But he's not a blowhard by any means. Sure, he's a self-promoter, this is a capitalist society. But he also gets people off their asses to be active, vocal, and willing to fight. He is a huge advocate for us and the 2A, and he does waaaay more than any other range has ever done.

• Like 1

Fan boys and groupies....he's a prime example of having a CCL as part of the gimmie crowd and who ya knew.....a system that has negatively effected us all and has for decades......he the poster boy for what's wrong with this system....hiding behind his self promotion........omo.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

Fan boys and groupies....he's a prime example of having a CCL as part of the gimmie crowd and who ya knew.....a system that has negatively effected us all and has for decades......he the poster boy for what's wrong with this system....hiding behind his self promotion........omo.

I dunno.

You obviously have a personal beef with Anthony, so that is what it is, but implying that he's NOT been at the front of the 2A fight in NJ is not factual.

Does he make a very good living with GFH?  I would hope so.  There are always tons of people there and the expansion was fantastic, so I hope his profits went up exponentially.

With that said, he's probably invested more time and money in advancing 2A rights in NJ than any other individual.

I don't understanding hating on someone because they run a successful business.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Never met the man....hate no one.....just stating the facts as per a conversation we've had...and yup he's makin' money on it....just part of the system here in NJ.

Ahh, I see.

Troll on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Ahh, I see.

Troll on...

Agreed. Anthony's certainly been fighting the fight. It's also in his best interest to do so. I'd rather give money to someone like that then some of these other stores. I've walked into ffls and been treated like they're doing me a favor by selling to me. Anthony goes out of his way to accommodate.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

Agreed. Anthony's certainly been fighting the fight. It's also in his best interest to do so. I'd rather give money to someone like that then some of these other stores. I've walked into ffls and been treated like they're doing me a favor by selling to me. Anthony goes out of his way to accommodate.  

Agreed. He's always called himself a "capitalist marksman."

Does he profit from this? Heck yeah. 
Is there anything wrong with that? Absolutely not. 

The qualifications aren't even that expensive. After the first qual I paid $25 per qual as a member. That's pretty much on par with the walk in rate for an hour of range time. And even if NJ said carry any gun, for liability reasons I want the qual on paper. I even took the holster draw class and I actually learned stuff.

I am also a life member with range at ANJRPC. I take classes from Ken sometimes and I'm also an NRA instructor. He's also making money from this. I don't begrudge him - making money is not a crime and it's a free market. You can go anywhere you please. 

31 minutes ago, Chad-williams said:

I recommend that everyone who's received their NJ permit to carry go to the Firearms policy coalition website and try calling their legal action hotline. They're looking for plantiffs for future lawsuits that could potentially overturn NJ's unconstitutional gun control.

ANJRPC/Schmutter is also looking for plaintiffs. 

Update: - Monmouth County 

8/22 Submit to PD

9/16 Ref's called

9/27 Ok'd by Chief sent to Courts

10/12 Prosecutor Letter received stating no issues

12/13 Court letter received stating CCW approved n to contact Local PD for pickup 

12/21 Appt for pickup 

CCW  - No Restrictions,No court order

See Below Box checked  with the following:

Restricted from carrying in any place prohibited by Federal, State, or local law and shall comply with the provisions of NJSA 2C:39-6(g)

121 days ///. 62 days in court

• Like 2

My money order has been cashed, I guess I'm getting close. 

13 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

after today, Murphy / it won't be worth the paper it's written on.............omo.

It didn't take long for NY to get their laws shut down, I don't see them lasting here any longer. Our 2a organizations already have their petitions ready to file!

• Informative 1

9 minutes ago, revenger said:

so once the communist signs it when does it take affect and is there a place to read the text of the "law"

The “sensitive places” part and most of the rest of it (2,3,7,10) pretty much immediately. 

Insurance I believe is in 7 months.