CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

20 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Playing devil's advocate here, not attacking you or your findings. I know intent can be mistaken.

First, so what should legally happen when two Statutes contradict each other? I'm sure the Prosecutor would simply use the one against the gun owner. 

Second, that says "type of handguns", it does not specify the exact handgun. So the argument could be made any compact or any sub-compact or any semi-auto even. What about two handguns of the same make & model? 

In my case, I first purchased a SIG P365, then a P365XL, which I shoot much better. Since the FCU is the serialized component, I could easily convert the 365 into an XL and it would have the same serial number. So I'm thinking of qualifying with both of them. 

No offense taken, I agree with you in point, but unfortunately administrative code is supposed to guide you in adhering to a statute but 9 times out of 10 its used to "clarify" it and then becomes defacto law until its challenged.

So in this case says they have the option to issue a restricted permit, right now its a wait and see.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

It was neither. I have us lawshield and they connected me with David at evan’s office. He was very helpful.  They told me not to call the superior court because I was planning on doing the same. He was adamant not to bother the court and stressed to be patient. My local PD emailed me when I was approved and they forwarded it to the courts. Local pd has been awesome!  Supposedly if you get a court date that is a bad thing. It means you will most likely be declined. David also told me to date nobody has been declined by the court, all declined have been by local pd and it was mostly due to the course people have taken.  I hope this helps.

Llet’s go Trump!

That was my interpretation as well. I asked David at Evan Nappen’s office and he stressed the 60 days includes the superior court part. The court can’t sit on them indefinitely.

Well not the best news, I just got off of the phone with the clerk from the Judge who issues CCW's in Gloucester County.  She confirmed that they did receive my application but now they had to send it to the prosecutors office to see if they approve and then it would come back to the judge and he is requiring appearances for all applicants.  And even if she schedules me today, which she isn't, earliest would be October but probably November as he only does CCW one day a month.

So as of right now that 60 days isn't going to happen, at least in my case

• Sad 3
  • FacePalm 1

8 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

Well not the best news, I just got off of the phone with the clerk from the Judge who issues CCW's in Gloucester County.  She confirmed that they did receive my application but now they had to send it to the prosecutors office to see if they approve and then it would come back to the judge and he is requiring appearances for all applicants.  And even if she schedules me today, which she isn't, earliest would be October but probably November as he only does CCW one day a month.

Call Evan Nappen’s office and tell them ASAP! That is bullshit!

6 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

That's a concern I have. My work schedule is typically set three to six months in advance. I have customers flying in from around the country to attend my classes. I very rarely have coverage when something comes up, which means I need to be at work pretty much no matter what. I doubt a judge or clerk would be accommodating to my schedule. I also do not know where my application would go. I live in Monmouth County, but the NJSP in Mercer County is my local barracks. 

1 minute ago, Jim Jones said:

I emailed ANJRPC's Strikeforce and someone already reached out to me and is putting me in touch with Dan Schmutter. 

2 minutes ago, kc17 said:

That's a concern I have. My work schedule is typically set three to six months in advance. I have customers flying in from around the country to attend my classes. I very rarely have coverage when something comes up, which means I need to be at work pretty much no matter what. I doubt a judge or clerk would be accommodating to my schedule. I also do not know where my application would go. I live in Monmouth County, but the NJSP in Mercer County is my local barracks. 

She did say for Gloucester its an appearance over Zoom.

• Informative 3

1 hour ago, NorthernYankee said:

I posted a NJ Courts directive above. It clearly lays out the timelimits for the prosecutors office (for any objections) but also lays out 30 days for the court.  You may choose to print that pdf, highlight section 2 and 3, send it in a registered mail to the court along with your information and request that your permit be processed within the timeline mentioned in the directive. 

They may ignore that directive, but atleast you have done your part of putting them on notice.

You may also want to send a copy of that same letter to Glenn A. Grant, administrative director of the courts.
https://www.njcourts.gov/pressrel/2022/pr061622b.pdf?c=JGu

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, NorthernYankee said:

To see if they will approve it? That is bullshit!

18 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

There's a municipality in Monmouth that doesn't have its own PD?

Yup, ones that I know of include: Upper Freehold, Millstone, Roosevelt, Farmingdale, and a few small shore towns. 

Edit to add from https://nj.gov/njsp/division/operations/troop-c.shtml: The five (5) Troop “C” Stations are responsible for twenty (20) municipalities in seven (7) counties. 

Obviously, not all 20 are in Monmouth Co. They did not list them.

31 minutes ago, quikz said:

So in Summary...

Jersey courts are beginning to play the 'do not comply with the SCOTUS' game? We NEED an Injunction ASAP. 

ANYBODY even actually GET their post Bruen jersey CCW yet???

I have seen a few people post pictures. I heard 23 from a 2A attorney.

I know in my county Camden County and in my town inside Camden County. 7 CCW applications were processed without reservation by the local PD so far... But I believe it goes to the court in Camden next? <<<(This Is What Worries Me.)

6 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

Correct! This should not be taking months on end when the judges are supposed to be bound by the 60 day statute! They are using delaying tactics to bide time until the legislature/Murphy can find a way to turn off the spigot. I fear many of us including myself, will be forced to use the services of an attorney to see the process to its inevitable conclusion. 

What about Middlesex county?

I'm in Middlesex County, I have no update yet and none of my references have been contacted. My prints were done on 7/22/22, so three working days so far. I was told by my PD that I would not have to appear in court (unless there is a denial) and that if the chief approves the PTC then the judge will likely approve as well. 

The POS’s at the NJSP won’t make it easy either. 

their directions said to call before you bring in your application. Called several times:  no answer. 

Got through to someone else at the barracks. Firearms guy not in. Send email. 

To his credit he did call me back. Fun story, they withdrew my Change of Address for my FID because the Somerville barracks are not the closest to NC. Okay, calm down, NJ is the size of a postage stamp. What difference does it make? Meanwhile I got zero notification that it was withdrawn. How would I have known? 

So now, instead of applying in Somerville which is 20min from my parents house, and 5 minutes from my in-laws I have have to apply at the station by the Delaware Memorial bridge. Mind you, I fly to NJ all the time for work and fly into Newark. So I have to drive 90minutes instead. 

Watch, when I call that station tomorrow then will tell me it’s the wrong station as well. 

At this point, it’s the principal of the thing. I’m in NJ a total of 20 or so days a year,  but fuck that shit, I want that damn CCW permit just so Bleeding Gums Murphy can choke on the Constitution. 

The SGT at Somerville also said that Murphy issued a bunch of new rules regarding carry today as well. His guess is that we won’t be able to carry anywhere. This is going to be a long battle, but one worth having. 

• Agree 2
  • FacePalm 1

14 minutes ago, Alex V said:

At this point, it’s the principal of the thing. I’m in NJ a total of 20 or so days a year,  but fuck that shit, I want that damn CCW permit just so Bleeding Gums Murphy can choke on the Constitution. 

Wait until those of us who live here have fully shaken all the bugs out.

21 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

What if I don't have 3 references? Seriously, what if I'm single, no family, and no friends?

I've always wondered how that is constitutional. 

1 minute ago, RadioGunner said:

Wait until those of us who live here have fully shaken all the bugs out.

Fuck that. I’m going to Gun For Hire on Wednesday to shoot the qual with pistolas. 

I’m in this fight with you guys! I’ll use my miles to fly to NJ just to make the point. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1