CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

8 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

My town took the already witnessed form.

I had mine witnessed by a reference, fully signed before I dropped the materials off.  Didn't have a problem.

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

I do not recall where I read or why I was under the impression it had to be witnessed by the person accepting it. 

I don't think this is the case, or at least that's not clear.

I see that as a mixed bag.

It's good it's scheduled virtually to reduce the impact to one's regular schedule, but I see it as yet another tactic to make it difficult and deter people. I would have trouble making time in my work schedule. No hearing should be required at all. 

Hope it goes well, looking forward to an update. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

I see that as a mixed bag.

It's good it's scheduled virtually to reduce the impact to one's regular schedule, but I see it as yet another tactic to make it difficult and deter people. I would have trouble making time in my work schedule. No hearing should be required at all. 

Hope it goes well, looking forward to an update. 

I agree that a hearing shouldn't be required, but based on what she had told me last week about scheduling, i wasn't expecting a hearing until November.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

Well, I received some great news today, I am scheduled for my hearing with the judge on August 25th.

Awesome news. Tells us atleast they are pushing through the process. Approx when did your PD send the application to Superior Court ?  Trying to see how long of a time delay between PD sending and Court schedule email.

6 minutes ago, CJack said:

Awesome news. Tells us atleast they are pushing through the process. Approx when did your PD send the application to Superior Court ?  Trying to see how long of a time delay between PD sending and Court schedule email.

My Application was submitted in 7/14

Fingerprint on 7/19

PD Approved 7/21

Received by Superior Court 7/26

Received Appearance Notice 8/2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 3

1 hour ago, NorthernYankee said:

Well, I received some great news today, I am scheduled for my hearing with the judge on August 25th.

Mr4lymM.jpg

Interesting! Did they only email it or did they send you physical mail as well? Any phone call?

Just now, cs1984 said:

Interesting! Did they only email it or did they send you physical mail as well? Any phone call?

It was email...they may snail mail it but I don't know.  From others in Gloucester that have dates they received an email also.

Just now, CMJeepster said:

Last sentence in the body of the paragraph.

Yes, but what is the issue with her?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernYankee said:

It was email...they may snail mail it but I don't know.  From others in Gloucester that have dates they received an email also.

Yes, but what is the issue with her?

Hillary Clinton?  What's NOT the issue with her? :icon_lol:

For those who submitted the application with the completed qualification, did your proof include all the details as per 5b in the NJSP guidelines.  I'm hearing conflicting information about whether all the details are necessary in 5b.

Honestly WTF is with the f ing hearing. these liberal aholes are trying to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your rights. Jump through hoops to have to go in front of a judge for what? So they can determine your moral character? The legal system is about as immoral as it  gets and they get to judge our morality . fkn joke

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, samiam said:

The form that I downloaded is found at: https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-066.pdf

CONSENT FOR MENTAL HEALTH RECORDS SEARCH

It is dated 01-15 and does contain the fields asking for two previous addresses if required to cover a 10 year span. Can you share links to the forms you found? Thanks.

I've been doing so much online searching I honestly don't remember what site I got it from, but here's a copy of it

latest sp-66.pdf

1 hour ago, DargZ said:

For those who submitted the application with the completed qualification, did your proof include all the details as per 5b in the NJSP guidelines.  I'm hearing conflicting information about whether all the details are necessary in 5b.

I just submitted the qual sheet.

19 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Honestly WTF is with the f ing hearing. these liberal aholes are trying to make it as difficult as possible to exercise your rights. Jump through hoops to have to go in front of a judge for what? So they can determine your moral character? The legal system is about as immoral as it  gets and they get to judge our morality . fkn joke

The judges will eventually be removed from the process. For now it's in the statute so I'm guessing it's CYA. 

1 hour ago, samiam said:

I wonder that the recourse is for someone with insufficient bandwidth to do a Zoom meeting?

They will give you a teleconference number that you can dial from a regular telephone. They can also make other accommodations. This isn't the first time with Zoom court. I've been to Zoom court a few times. They make it work.

5 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Hillary Clinton?  What's NOT the issue with her? :icon_lol:

Something about.... email???

28 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Preach!!!!

• Haha 1

Mt. Laurel PD has been fantastic in the past. This go around?  Fucking awful. 

Dropped off app on 7/5. Fingerprints done on 7/7. Detective just called my references and work to verify employment today. 

Pretty pissed that they sat on this for a month. 

• FacePalm 1

4 minutes ago, ToddD said:

Mt. Laurel PD has been fantastic in the past. This go around?  Fucking awful. 

Dropped off app on 7/5. Fingerprints done on 7/7. Detective just called my references and work to verify employment today. 

Pretty pissed that they sat on this for a month. 

Yea that is really bad. I did my stuff on the same day and mine have been with the superior court for 15 days

Why is any of this part of the process?  It is what it is. I expected it. Didn’t expect my PD to sit on it for 30 days. I’ve gotten pistol permits and FID changes done in an average of 7 days. If it goes more than 60 I’ll be lawyering up. 

14 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

They called work to verify employment???

why the hell is that part of the process?

Because as much as they all say they support Constitution, 2A blah blah blabh, they actually dont. Everyone up and down the policy, law, and justice system are losing their sh*t about the prospect of People actually carrying.   This is not specific to NJ.   Take Texas for example, they pull some sh8t for being so "republican" and "constitutional".  Fng Vermont had Constitutional carry long before any of those idiots who claim they are all about Constitution.

Coming back to NJ, you should read comments in some of the 2A groups. It starts off as why everyone should train, then goes into how everyone should get medical training and then degenerates into how some dude who couldn't shoot well passed quals, they dont deserve PTC and how irresponsible and dangerous People are for not taking some training this or training that. If regular internet dic*s starts to call for some type of class system, imagine Law Enforcement, Judges and Politicians. Ofcourse they want to double, triple check, drag their feet.