CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

On 8/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, Jim Jones said:

Today marks 5 weeks for me in ocean county since completing the application and fingerprinting.  Been at superior court now for 22 days. Feeling cautiously optimistic!  Positive attitude will get you positive results!

I'm not as optimistic, no one here appears to have received their permits and all the positive information posted here is "second hand". I'm in MIddlesex and the last of my references were contacted on the 28th, my PD has since "gone dark. A new disturbing ordinance banning the carry of all guns in all public buildings (a-la New York) was introduced in Highland Park and will pass the beginning of next month. The first town in NJ will copy New York and essentially ban legal conceal carry everywhere, a message left with ANJRPC has gone unanswered....it's clearly unconstitutional and defies the high court in every way. 

• Informative 1

5 minutes ago, marlintag said:

I'm not as optimistic, no one here appears to have received their permits and all the positive information posted here is "second hand". I'm in MIddlesex and the last of my references were contacted on the 28th, my PD has since "gone dark. A new disturbing ordinance banning the carry of all guns in all public buildings (a-la New York) was introduced in Highland Park and will pass the beginning of next month. The first town in NJ will copy New York and essentially ban legal conceal carry everywhere, a message left with ANJRPC has gone unanswered....it's clearly unconstitutional and defies the high court in every way. 

It's not all 2nd hand...many of us have posted our positive progress and some of us already have scheduled hearings.  Permits should be trickling out by the end of the month. Is this the best scenario, no, but we are making inroads.

17 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Ban would apply to schools, library and community center. No big deal. 

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

The highland Park ordinance apples to "public buildings, such as our schools, our library and our community center".

Where did you see something about a NJ ordinance that will "essentially ban legal conceal carry everywhere?

Carry permits for the common man is brand new to NJ, so IMO the fact that some are trickling in after such a short time, and nobody has heard of rejections at this point is a good indicator that things are progressing.

1 hour ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Ban would apply to schools, library and community center. No big deal. 

Double banning and virtue signaling is the problem. They are not stupid and whole point of this is to rile up other towns, stir the pot and see if anyone sues.

1 hour ago, CJack said:

Double banning and virtue signaling is the problem. They are not stupid and whole point of this is to rile up other towns, stir the pot and see if anyone sues.

Virtue signaling YES

Make these locations safer NO

Pain in the rear and a potential criminal violation for otherwise law abiding persons with carry permits. YES

8 minutes ago, samiam said:

Is that 3 weeks from your original submission, or 3 weeks from submitting a new qualification after your existing certificate (for a handgun safety class iirc) was deemed inadequate. Just curious.

Three weeks after the new qual 

And then there's Florida where they took about 2 weeks to issue my non res CCW . I honestly do not want to jump through the fkn hoops these Nazis want me to jump through to get a PCH in my home state and then severely limit where i can carry and mag limits . Smurphy is a buck tooth idiot along with his minions .Excuse my hijack :icon_e_confused:

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, oneshot said:

And then there's Florida where they took about 2 weeks to issue my non res CCW . I honestly do not want to jump through the fkn hoops these Nazis want me to jump through to get a PCH in my home state and then severely limit where i can carry and mag limits . Smurphy is a buck tooth idiot along with his minions .Excuse my hijack :icon_e_confused:

Your choice. No need to add to the backlog if you don't want to :)

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, oneshot said:

And then there's Florida where they took about 2 weeks to issue my non res CCW... Smurphy is a buck tooth idiot along with his minions .Excuse my hijack :icon_e_confused:

I just got my Utah renewal, it took two or three weeks.   On my phone I watched their video, verified my info was correct, took a selfie, and gave them my CC number.    Twenty minutes and $25, I think, and done!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, samiam said:

I think a good question is how many Superior court justices will outright reject applications that they don't want to honor, and how many will exhaust every possible excuse to delay and stonewall, citing "lack of guidance" (like some PDs are doing) and/or playing application tennis with prosecutors' offices, and other such subterfuge. Outright rejection has a straightfoward remedy (appeal). Dealing with delaying tactics and obfuscation would be somewhat more nebulous. 

This ^^^^^^

I wanted to provide an update on Highland Park NJ. It seems guntuber guns & gadgets did an entire episode dedicated to thrashing Highland Park  NJ. Trigger warning for those that want to watch it is going to upset you! 

Carry Ban Voted In - Even AFTER Supreme Court's Bruen Decision!?! - YouTube

Like "Ficus" tomorrow will be three weeks from fingerprinting and 4 weeks from dropping off my packet. I did want to mention that my PD did cite "lack of guidance" when I dropped off my application but did reach out to my references. It seems that of all the people applying the most positive info we have here is a few got their permits in Passaic County and a small number of individuals got a court hearing at the end of this month in various counties. The point I am driving at is that many of us who live in "rogue" counties that are intentionally stonewalling may have to take legal action on an individual basis to finally obtain our carry permits.

1 hour ago, marlintag said:

This ^^^^^^

I wanted to provide an update on Highland Park NJ. It seems guntuber guns & gadgets did an entire episode dedicated to thrashing Highland Park  NJ. Trigger warning for those that want to watch it is going to upset you! 

Carry Ban Voted In - Even AFTER Supreme Court's Bruen Decision!?! - YouTube

Like "Ficus" tomorrow will be three weeks from fingerprinting and 4 weeks from dropping off my packet. I did want to mention that my PD did cite "lack of guidance" when I dropped off my application but did reach out to my references. It seems that of all the people applying the most positive info we have here is a few got their permits in Passaic County and a small number of individuals got a court hearing at the end of this month in various counties. The point I am driving at is that many of us who live in "rogue" counties that are intentionally stonewalling may have to take legal action on an individual basis to finally obtain our carry permits.

I am sure I am missing something, but why do we care about going into a court, govt building or school? Seems pretty common sense these would be gun free zones. Not sure I want to open this can of worms, but this doesn’t sound like a big deal. Is it because this is the first step before we can’t carry anywhere?

• Agree 1