CJack

NJ Handgun Carry Permit Application Experience

13 hours ago, Jim Jones said:

I missed the call from Nappen’s office. SMH. I called back and left a message.  US Law Shield shared some additional info I think was very helpful(pics below).  This makes me think that the permit letter we are all freaking out for is employment related.  I will give another update tomorrow when I talk to Nappen’s office and another update when my friend gets his in the next couple weeks from the same Judge in Ocean County.

For anyone that has US Law Shield here is a very helpful link!  It may work for everyone I am not sure though.

https://www.uslawshield.com/travel/

#FJB #MAGA

CC3FDF91-E4C7-4011-AAF3-30889813469D.jpeg

7068CF84-0491-4685-9406-6ACC494BB81A.jpeg

Spoke to David at Evan Nappen’s office. Very helpful! David confirmed that the Judge can put restrictions that you cannot drive in a car with a loaded weapon. He did however state that if this happens you should go to a lawyer to request to have this amended because there should not be a substantial difference in just a couple of weeks of what is restricted vs not.  I asked if I was still able to drive with a loaded gun since my permit did not have the restriction and he said “absolutely”.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

17 minutes ago, Jim Jones said:

Spoke to David at Evan Nappen’s office. Very helpful! David confirmed that the Judge can put restrictions that you cannot drive in a car with a loaded weapon. He did however state that if this happens you should go to a lawyer to request to have this amended because there should not be a substantial difference in just a couple of weeks of what is restricted vs not.  I asked if I was still able to drive with a loaded gun since my permit did not have the restriction and he said “absolutely”.  I hope this helps.

So when I'm standing next to my vehicle loading and unloading the cops are just going to watch me do it?

• FacePalm 1

22 minutes ago, LineItem said:

The PO was pretty nasty to me because he was forced by the chief to take my application after I emailed him stating that if he refused to take it, I would just go to the NJSP as an alternative. He already hasn't responded to any messages I've left him regarding the retaking of fingerprints and the confirmation from the NJSP. It has been at least 10 days with no response. They are used to being in a position where there is nothing you can do, and they are not liking this new era of pushback. That's the sense I get.

It might be worth quietly recording interactions, as the PO denied that he refused to take my application and said he told me to 'come back sometime next week' which he certainly did not.

Even telling you to come back sometime next week is ridiculous. This is all time sensitive stuff. My PD is usually really good with this stuff, but you never know if you're going to run into one of Murphy's lapdogs.

1 hour ago, LineItem said:

Just an update regarding Hoboken - application submitted 7/5 (after they first told me 'we aren't ready to accept any applications yet', sent an email to the chief per advice from this board and they immediately called me to come back and submit; thanks guys!)

60 days is up on Saturday, and the only thing I heard so far was that my Identogo fingerprint check never went through to the NJSP. Identogo was no help, claiming it's 'not their problem'. I went and got re-fingerprinted, and a day later called the NJSP ID bureau and they confirmed that they received and updated my PD with an approval. They were very organized and pleasant, to my surprise.

No letters, no communications other than that. Not sure what to do after this weekend comes and goes other than wait and see what happens. Has anyone called the courthouse to figure out status? I feel like Hudson county is simply going to sit on it and not do anything. The PO that took my application laughed me out of the room when I mentioned the Bruen decision - he said it's 'not gonna happen in Hudson county' and be prepared for disappointment. 

hudson county as already issued a few permits.

2 minutes ago, g17owner said:

Any Morris County news? Im wondering if any of these nonsense restrictions are being issued.

Matt D from GFH had a video. He’s in mountain lakes. You get a court order and have to carry that with the permit. No restrictions but the court order BS is just BS.

Congratulations how did you make out I have that same judge next month did they place any restrictions on your permit and did you have to plead your case or just sign the permit permit under oath and last question did they give you your permit at court or do you have to pick it up at a later date

10 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

Matt D from GFH had a video. He’s in mountain lakes. You get a court order and have to carry that with the permit. No restrictions but the court order BS is just BS.

Is that video part of this thread? Somewhere in the 64 pages?

15 hours ago, Golf battery said:

For all of you that don’t understand how repercussions and vengeance works.   Not only read this article.   But most importantly.  Watch the video he put out.   This is how vile and perturbed the left is that for us to exercise our second amendment rights.  This is the extent of what were dealing with on the local and superior end.   Ohhh.  Its coming.  

That pizza was WAY underdone ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

I'm one of the guys who did identigo last week and then qualified yesterday and early next week I will be submitting everything. Crossing my fingers it's all correct and works out. 

Good luck! It seems like the outcomes are mostly OK so hopefully you'll get through fast.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Middlesex is the third largest county with almost 900,000 residents, but so far it is a black hole. Applications approved by multiple Police Departments have gone in and nothing has come out. 

Allegedly judge was on vacation. Again most of this is hearsay.

18 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

Middlesex is the third largest county with almost 900,000 residents, but so far it is a black hole. Applications approved by multiple Police Departments have gone in and nothing has come out. 

Is it in Morristown? I use to go jury duty there.

8 minutes ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

The permit judge for Middlesex county was indeed on vacation, till August 22, and is now in the middle of a trial. 

If it goes beyond the 60 days and you have lawshield is there recourse? Can someone call and ask? I don't have lawshield yet. I fully intend on getting it but not sure if I need to have identity theft protection in order to use it for permitting issues. 

4 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

If it goes beyond the 60 days and you have lawshield is there recourse? Can someone call and ask? I don't have lawshield yet. I fully intend on getting it but not sure if I need to have identity theft protection in order to use it for permitting issues. 

As ordered by the Supreme Court of New Jersey the deadline at the Superior Court on an application approved by the Police Chief is 30 days to approve or have a hearing. After the hearing the judge has 14 days to decide.