gunforhire

One step closer to NJ CCW Qualifications. Please read the entire page and make sure you pre register for when we go live!

Anthony, I know you said no questions but this one I believe applies to many people on this forum.

These requirements:

– NRA Beginner Pistol: 4 hour course with classroom and range time. No firearm needed. Click Here.
– Private One on One: 2 hours with our top instructors. You will need to bring your own firearm. Click Here.
– Holster Draw: 4 Hour course you can take only if you have taken the NRA Basics of Pistol. Click Here.
– Urban Pistol 1: 4 hour course you can take only after you have taken Holster Draw. Click Here.

Are they necessary prior to taking your course? I have the NRA first steps certificate and I have shot IDPA in the past, but I have no proof of any other training.

10 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Anthony, I know you said no questions but this one I believe applies to many people on this forum.

These requirements:

– NRA Beginner Pistol: 4 hour course with classroom and range time. No firearm needed. Click Here.
– Private One on One: 2 hours with our top instructors. You will need to bring your own firearm. Click Here.
– Holster Draw: 4 Hour course you can take only if you have taken the NRA Basics of Pistol. Click Here.
– Urban Pistol 1: 4 hour course you can take only after you have taken Holster Draw. Click Here.

Are they necessary prior to taking your course? I have the NRA first steps certificate and I have shot IDPA in the past, but I have no proof of any other training.

If you read the page more closely it says recommended for that part. Not required.

– Timed fire using an FBI Q target
– 24 rounds at 7 yards
– 14 rounds at 10 yards
– 6 rounds at 15 yards
– 6 rounds at 25 yards

Would love to know what the actual course of fire is. Times etc. This way I can practice it before taking the actual qualification.

4 hours ago, gunforhire said:

Oh Joy. The NJSP added digital fingerprint requirement today!  My page has been updated yet again! I’m sure there will be many, many more! 

https://gunforhire.com/nj-ccw-permit/

Why the FID requirement on step 1 though?  Where is that posted in the guidance?

13 hours ago, MartyZ said:

So they want naturalization papers or birth cert? They won't accept a passport? My naturalization papers have my photo when I was 8. This makes no sense

Any time I needed a birth cert,  My passport was accepted.