Stuntman22

Looking for an App that I can database my firearms

Hi,

Im looking for some type of app I can access with my iPhone or iPad that I can database my rifles and pistols. would like something fairly simple. I was gonna go the pen and paper route but Im sure someone with a bigger brain than mine made the exact thing I'm looking for. 

Thanks,

Lou

I use an Excel workbook comprised of several spreadsheets to keep track of my firearms related information.   You could make it as simple or complex as you wish.   You could store it on the cloud(Microsoft OneDrive, Apple Drive, google Docs, etc)  of your choice and access it via your mobile devices.

I use a spreadsheet as well, and include ammo estimates and magazine quantities, estimated sale values, and one or two other things 

i have a bad track record of finding apps that I REALLY like (child health records, whiskey tasting, etc) where the developers just unceremoniously end support, even with paid versions. So eventually they stop working, often without warning based on an OS update, and all that data is totally inaccessible. I figure with spreadsheets that’s less of a risk. 

11 hours ago, Stuntman22 said:

Im looking for some type of app I can access with my iPhone or iPad that I can database my rifles and pistols. would like something fairly simple. 

Use "Numbers" on your iPhone/iPad.  It's the native Apple spreadsheet app.  You can save your file to the cloud and it will be available to you on any device.

I'm old school , I keep mine on paper in triplicate copies for safety.

For the guys the keep it in Iphones and other devices that stay on the cloud, aren't you guys worried about it just being out there or hacked, or am I just to old to believe in it.

26 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

I'm old school , I keep mine on paper in triplicate copies for safety.

For the guys the keep it in Iphones and other devices that stay on the cloud, aren't you guys worried about it just being out there or hacked, or am I just to old to believe in it.

Cloud services have proven to be pretty secure, but there is always the potential for some massive breaches.

I've been using them a lot as corporate solutions for work.

I don't use them at home.   My computer backs up locally on an hourly basis, and I periodically back it up again using different software to a removable hard drive that otherwise lives in the gun safe.