diamondd817

Here Is What NY Came Up With For Concealed Carry

First and Foremost, Fuck NY and Everything that 3rd World Shithole Stands For.     https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ny-state-passes-sweeping-gun-control-bill-after-supreme-court-strikes-down-concealed-carry-law/ar-AAZ5JxQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6a3b2182b4504b0b822e7a39b0f581a6

"Once Hochul signs the new gun bill into law, it will allow gun owners to apply for concealed carry licenses, but would restrict where weapons could be brought.

For example, guns would only be allowed in businesses if the owner put up a sign explicitly allowing it.

Other off-limits locations include demonstrations, schools, healthcare facilities, parks, Times Square, public transit, bars, polling places, entertainment venues and more.

It will be a felony to bring a gun to a restricted area.

Gun license applicants will be subject to interviews, social media monitoring and monthly background checks. They will also need to undergo 15 hours of training at a firing range, provide contact information for household members and renew their licenses every three years.

Permits will be denied for a broader range of criminal offenses.

The bill also contains a slew of other provisions and rules surrounding the purchase of ammunition and gun accessories, the storage of weapons and other minutiae for gun ownership.

It allows for local governments to impose even tighter gun laws if they so choose as well."

BUT, BY FAR, THIS IS MY FAVORITE QUOTE:

"Today, we’re taking swift action in the wake of the Supreme Court’s reckless rulings that threaten the rights of New Yorkers."

-
 So, somehow RESTORING New Yorkers rights is Threatening their rights? Holy shit, you can't make this stuff up.

• FacePalm 1

9 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

I heard about this. The social media history is from the past three years and includes your active and inactive accounts. I wonder how that will go...

Swimmingly not!

In a state where it  takes an individual 6 months to two years just to procure a handgun license to purchase a handgun, I don’t see authorities tripping over themselves to grant a concealed carry permit. I just see more lawsuits and more excuses to justify the delay. The first couple years are going to be tough. 

The ruling CLEARLY states that they can't just make everywhere a prohibited location.  But, it's going to take more law suits to get THAT enforced.  This is far, far, from over . . .

• Agree 1

yaknow? not that it's related to the ny thing.....but i took mom shopping in the somerdale wallyworld last weekend. they've got a new sign up. asking to refrain from openly carrying a firearm.  which tells me they're fine if ya got it as long as no one sees it.

• Agree 1

Does this only apply to legal, law abiding CCW holders or people that are caught with an illegally carried firearms as well? I have a feeling for the later it will be status quo... no action taken

5 hours ago, EdF said:

The ruling CLEARLY states that they can't just make everywhere a prohibited location.

They're not..... There's a 15 inch x 15 inch spot on the corner of 125th St. and 3rd Ave. where you will be G2G

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

a new sign up. asking to refrain from openly carrying a firearm.  which tells me they're fine if ya got it as long as no one sees it.

Asking to refrain and stating prohibited are 180 degrees apart. If the sign is printed as you say they are not even saying open carry is prohibited.