Redeye65

300 HAM’R

Anyone have any experience with this round, been thinking about adding an upper to go with my AR, it would be used for white tail, from what I have read it sounds like a nice option for deer season.  Currently I use a 30–30 lever which is perfectly fine, just looking to expand a bit. 

I doubt you are going to find many people using it. It's very, very close in performance to 300 blackout. It's reason for existing is more or less who cares about subsonic, because hunting!! Except that It's still a necked cartridge which leaves it out of the running in many states.  The .350 legend gets you 30-30+ oomph in more deer hunting areas. If you look at ham'r and go ooh better ballistic coefficient, well 6.5 grendel and 6mm arc have it beat by a lot. 

Realistically, .350 legend is an also ran. For AR hunting with straight wall, it's been .50 beowulf or .450 bushmaster for a while. 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, Redeye65 said:

Anyone have any experience with this round, been thinking about adding an upper to go with my AR, it would be used for white tail, from what I have read it sounds like a nice option for deer season.  Currently I use a 30–30 lever which is perfectly fine, just looking to expand a bit. 

.30-30 ballistics in an AR platform? Yawn.

In what state around here would you hunt with it? 

6 hours ago, Redeye65 said:

It isn’t, but we are on 100 acre’s of private land and the head DEC agent for the county who hunts on the land is also my brother in law. 

Oh, that makes it okay then. :facepalm:

I’d make sure he’s driving with you in the car when transporting through the state just so you can put him on the spot if you’re ever pulled over and he can do the explaining for you. 

• Agree 1