ESB

Conceal Carry Gear and Clothes

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’d say that you’re probably right, MOST people don’t notice. 
Put yourself in the shoes of a criminal, and think about the things you would notice about people. 

Probably if they're wearing anything expensive that they'd wanna steal... which in my case is nope.

I've got a p365 and a Hidden Hybrid Holster,  It's small and carry's super comfortable,  i've tried a few other holsters, cuz i have carried in other states,   I've been using a groove belt and it works out well,     It just disappears into whatever i'm wearing. 

If anyone is looking for aftermarket AIWB holster wedges, check out Mastermind Tactics. I just picked up a set of 3 different wedges to go with the Vedder holster I am waiting on since they don't sell wedges. Quality seems decent.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop?category=Wedges

22 minutes ago, Xtors said:

If anyone is looking for aftermarket AIWB holster wedges, check out Mastermind Tactics. I just picked up a set of 3 different wedges to go with the Vedder holster I am waiting on since they don't sell wedges. Quality seems decent.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop?category=Wedges

Buy a yoga block, a utility knife, and some Velcro. Make you own cheap and customize it to your needs/body.

1 hour ago, TheTeZ said:

I've been using a groove belt and it works out well,   

I've had some problems with Groove Belt.  The head that goes through the belt loops is larger then 1.5", i find it extremely tight is some of my pants.  Also it is too large for the O clips on an Alien Gear holster I use, it will not feed through.

2 hours ago, DaveR said:

I've had some problems with Groove Belt.  The head that goes through the belt loops is larger then 1.5", i find it extremely tight is some of my pants.  Also it is too large for the O clips on an Alien Gear holster I use, it will not feed through.

I don't mind the groove belt,  I personally don't have issues with the clothes I wear, but I feed the smaller side through, not the 'face' side.     Also, I don't like pass through loops on my holster,   I've got 2 different types of clips on my hidden hybrid holsters.   I tried a bunch of holsters but settled on the HHH super comfy.    

It's all about what works for the individual,   that being said,  I'm not married to the groove belt, but it's a pretty convienet belt. 

6 minutes ago, samiam said:

Anyone have any experience with the KORE leather or nylon gunbelts? I'm tempted to order one (probably nylon, if only because of the 2 lbs. greater capacity).

KORE Gun Belts

I got one a week or so ago. So far I like it.

• Thanks 1

Anyone wear undershirts when they carry?  Was thinking a black undershirt would make it more difficult to notice you were carrying if your outer garment lifts up exposing your gun.  Assuming you have a black gun.  Would want something tight that wouldn't get caught in the holster or be grabbed when lifting up your outer shirt in a hurry, but also long enough so it stays tucked.  

12 minutes ago, ESB said:

Anyone wear undershirts when they carry?  Was thinking a black undershirt would make it more difficult to notice you were carrying if your outer garment lifts up exposing your gun.  Assuming you have a black gun.  Would want something tight that wouldn't get caught in the holster or be grabbed when lifting up your outer shirt in a hurry, but also long enough so it stays tucked.  

I always wear a black undershirt, carrying or not.  I think it does help hide the gun a little bit, but that’s not why I wear it. 

41 minutes ago, ESB said:

I wear an underarmor type shirt everyday.

More about the gun/holster tearing up the skin on my stomach than it is about hiding anything.

The underarmor materiel keeps the shirt tucked in and tight, so it doesn’t bunch and get in the way. Cotton t-shirts suck for this. 

after two weeks of total carry :) i end up with appendix vedder holster with one clamp or cheap belt on my chest under jacket. 4 o'clock position - not sure yet. and pistol Shield Plus with red dot is excellent option. I tried my another allowed pistol Glock 19 and it is too big and heavy.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, ESB said:

I ended up trying a few and really like these shirts.  There are super comfortable in both hot and cool weather, are stretchy and a little long so don't come untucked easily.  I like them so much I pretty much wear them everyday now.  

https://amzn.to/3ip1WE2

7 minutes ago, ESB said:

I ended up trying a few and really like these shirts.  There are super comfortable in both hot and cool weather, are stretchy and a little long so don't come untucked easily.  I like them so much I pretty much wear them everyday now.  

https://amzn.to/3ip1WE2

Looks interesting. I like the extra length. How snug around the waste are they if untucked?

15 minutes ago, ESB said:

I'm kinda tall and skinny so I am between a medium and a large.  I had to get a medium as the large was too baggy.   The medium is def not too snug on me.  

Good to know. I am built the same way. Thanks!

For those that are carrying now, any concerns about carrying AIWB and walking into a head wind? Think "breezy spring or fall day". I noticed how much more my shirt pulls in tight and conforms to my body in this situation so it had me thinking about what I would look like with some hardware under my shirt.

52 minutes ago, Xtors said:

For those that are carrying now, any concerns about carrying AIWB and walking into a head wind? Think "breezy spring or fall day". I noticed how much more my shirt pulls in tight and conforms to my body in this situation so it had me thinking about what I would look like with some hardware under my shirt.

Eh, I used to be overly concerned about printing. Not so much any more. MOST people won’t notice. 

I was once told by a very smart man, who has CCW for a long time…”dress around the gun”. 

He wasn’t wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Eh, I used to be overly concerned about printing. Not so much any more. MOST people won’t notice. 

I was once told by a very smart man, who has CCW for a long time…”dress around the gun”. 

He wasn’t wrong. 

TttTThaHaFWIW I've been carrying for almost 50 years. IWB,  belt holster, whatever. I've concealed full size 1911s, 4" Service revolvers, and everything else under a tshirt.

See @Displaced Texan post. He has the answer.

• Like 1