GFarra31

Concealed Carry Insurance

Hello All,

This may have been discussed, but I did a quick search and didnt see anything.    US Law Shield seemed to be the only option for any type on insurance related to firearms in NJ.   Now that NJ is on a path to allow residents to carry, has anyone heard if other outfits such as CCW Safe and USCCA will offer insurance in NJ?

Thank you, George

I posted this the other day in the Truck gun thread:

I've contacted my State reps and requested they look into introducing a bill that will allow the sale of firearm liabilityinsurance like USCCA. Please add your voice to the cause, it's insane they REQUIRE car insurance but refuse to ALLOW CCW insurance. Thanks.
  •  

Murphy signed an executive order making it illegal to sell insurance for illegal activities and then fined one of the big companies $1million for offering carry insurance.  All the other carriers dropped policies in NJ.  Not sure what ____Shield is selling. Can't remember their name but Evan Nappen is always doing presentations at gun clubs for their product - which I thought was carry insurance.

I'm also not sure what's illegal about carry insurance.  Crazy logic that nobody has wanted to take up in court.

11 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Murphy signed an executive order making it illegal to sell insurance for illegal activities and then fined one of the big companies $1million for offering carry insurance.  All the other carriers dropped policies in NJ.  Not sure what ____Shield is selling. Can't remember their name but Evan Nappen is always doing presentations at gun clubs for their product - which I thought was carry insurance.

I'm also not sure what's illegal about carry insurance.  Crazy logic that nobody has wanted to take up in court.

I find this extremely frustrating.  USCCA had to cancel my membership because they were not allowed to have members in NJ due to this EO prohibiting CCW insurance.

Personally I feel the use of EO is over reaching both at the federal and state level.    Its the answer all leaders take (Dem or Repub) when they know they will face obstacles in getting it through the proper channels.    Then depending on the party, the media either makes them a hero or vilifies them.....it really needs to be limited to specific circumstances, IMO

8 hours ago, ShootersShooter said:

Shield is selling 24/7 access to attorneys and legal costs coverage which I learned of first from RPOs I spoke with. 

Concealed Carry Insurance | Legal Defense for Self Defense | USLawShield

I am a member of US Law Shield. I hope to God I never have to call them. 

2 hours ago, GFarra31 said:

@Displaced TexanFor now, that is the route I am going as well.

@ShootersShooter, I will also contact my congressman and make the same request....though here in Bergen Cty...it may fall on deaf ears

It’s more important in “enemy” districts for all gun owners contact anti gun reps. Conservatives helped by moderate owners can move the needle in our direction once pols see their comfort zone shrinking. BE VOCAL, calls are more effective than emails.

3 hours ago, samiam said:

It's beyond over-reaching. It nearly always (I do not even know of a counter-example) violates power separation embedded in the relevant constitution (bypassing the need for legislation is the very purpose of an EO). Then the legislators discover that it lets them avoid accountability with voters for making difficult decisions, so they encourage it. When is the last time the U. S. deployed troops on foreign soil? When is the last time the U. S. Congress declared war on a foreign state? I know that's OT, but it is the best illustration of how executive orders corrupt the constitutional separation of powers between Executive and Legislatve branches of government. 

There is no law he is clarifying or instituting, so it's not even applicable.