EdF

Awww . . . Nuts . . . FID/P2P Request Question

Damn it!

Over the 4th weekend, I lost my wallet.  Long story, don't want to go into it but my FID was in there.

Yesterday, I filled out the stinking application to replace my card and included a few P2P requests.

One of my references hasn't gotten his email and the other has.  I may have made a mistake with his email address.  Is there a way that I can correct the mistake or shorten the extra time that this is now going to take?

I hate making simple mistakes . . . 

18 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Does this mean you've also lost your "grandfathered/unexpiring" FID, and now will have to go through the training requirement and FID expiration/renewal process under the new FID law just passed

Looks like no, at least on the training portion:

14 The applicant shall not be required to demonstrate completion of a
15 course of instruction in order to obtain any subsequent permit to
16 purchase a handgun 1[or a firearms purchaser identification card]1 , to
17 replace an existing firearms purchaser identification card, or to renew
18 a firearms purchaser identification card.

1 hour ago, EdF said:

One of my references hasn't gotten his email and the other has.  I may have made a mistake with his email address.  Is there a way that I can correct the mistake or shorten the extra time that this is now going to take?

Call your town PD. They should be able to make corrections. If you have no town PD, call the NJSP barracks that services your area.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

I had the same exact issues last week. I emailed the detective in charge and he took care of the issue with a few hours. YMMV

Did you already have his email address?  I'm going to call this afternoon . . . On top of everything else, I started a new job this week and my time has been pretty tight!

2 hours ago, EdF said:

Did you already have his email address?  I'm going to call this afternoon . . . On top of everything else, I started a new job this week and my time has been pretty tight!

No, I emailed the Cheif and asked him to forward it for me, that was the only email they published on the PD website. 

I know my PD is responsive, so I figured emailing was actually the least disruptive and best use of time. Calling or stopping in usually results in a wait or "leave a message", and often pulling the officer from a duty etc. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 8:58 AM, EdF said:

Damn it!

Over the 4th weekend, I lost my wallet.  Long story, don't want to go into it but my FID was in there.

Holy shit, I'd be turning the town upside down if I lost my wallet and I never put my FID in there ever. 

My FID card stays locked up at home at all times unless absolutely needed. 

Thanks everyone . . . I called Cherry Hill Police this afternoon.  The detective called me back and we updated the email address without an issue.  He was very friendly and happy to help!

• Like 2