SJG

New Pending Carry Legislation

Legislation is being prepared in N.J. that will prohibit carry on private property without consent  and on mass transit under the guise of sensitive places. Of course, this will all be challenged in court and may take years to sort out. So think about it, you exit your home or vehicle armed, you are now on foot,  since you can't carry except on the sidewalk or on a street, where are you going? Absurd. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SJG said:

Legislation is being prepared in N.J. that will prohibit carry on private property without consent  and on mass transit under the guise of sensitive places. Of course, this will all be challenged in court and may take years to sort out. So think about it, you exit your home or vehicle armed, you are now on foot,  since you can't carry except on the sidewalk or on a street, where are you going? Absurd. 

Again you can technically get the 'permit' - but you cannot exercise your rights.

You might not even be able to carry on a sidewalk - as they might have clearance exclusions zones etc.

This will of course get shot down at some point - but how long and how painful.

You cannot change the mindset of the liberal states - with one ruling, it is a long process and will take years to sort out

That being said, this is a fight worth going after - and the more folks that get the permit and are denied their rights - makes it more likely to get overruled etc.

• Agree 3

On 7/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, CJack said:

We have to fund lawsuits like there is no tomorrow.. time to bring them and bring them bigly.

Who's going to fund all these lawsuits? Our local gun groups can't do it alone.

How much can we donate with Putins price hike going on?

Where's  the NRA / NRA-ILA for NJ.

After the win we just had, they should be all over NY, NJ, CA.

Lets see when we hear from them.

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

Who's going to fund all these lawsuits? Our local gun groups can't do it alone.

How much can we donate with Putins price hike going on?

Where's  the NRA / NRA-ILA for NJ.

After the win we just had, they should be all over NY, NJ, CA.

Lets see when we hear from them.

WE have to fund these.. If you dont see NRA doing anything, then pick someone else who is doing something and donate.  Start a donation campaign.. etc .. Firearms Policy Coalition is pushing for lawsuits.. https://www.firearmspolicy.org/legal

• Agree 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, SJG said:

wallyworld in somerdale.

wallyworld.jpg

4 hours ago, samiam said:

What about a volunteer effort to make up signs, and go around to store owners to try to persuade them into allowing the signs to be hung? Certainly, there would be a lot of refusals, and probably some maddening responses, but if some progress was made, it might snowball. 

Do you mean a sign that says "firearms permitted on premises?" or something like that? On one hand, that might serve as a deterrent and benefit the owner--- on the other, it may scare the shit out of potential customers who might not want to be in an establishment where people are carrying firearms. There is also the issue of the premises owner's liability insurance at play that can be a negative factor. 

I would be interested to see if there have been any studies done on firearms signage on private property.

I have no doubt that ultimately any law that designates private property as a prohibited private place under the sensitive place doctrine is unconstitutional. It is not analogous to schools and gov buildings etc in Bren and have no doubt that the historical record during the critical analytical time period does not support such a designation. In fact, it is exactly the opposite. 

I thought the ANJRPC had lawsuits pre-filed? Which org will be filling the lawsuit first? I (we) all have to donate to stop NJ from subverting the will of the high court. BTW, my town announced they will pass an ordinance next month to label every location outside the home a "sensitive location". We have to get an injunction through in a goddam hurry!

I was in Arizona 10 years ago on business and the only place I saw a no guns allowed sign posted was at an Outback Steakhouse in Phoenix.  That's the way it should be.......Private companies can post their no gun policy and any property not posted is assumed allowed carry.

That's the way it should be......Jersey has it backwards!:mad:

Talked to the friend in police couple of days ago and he said - you could apply for ccw but it does 't mean you will be getting it. He suggested to wait, min year. They don't have anything as an instructions and don't know on how to process this in NJ yet, no clue. Money spent on class which is valid for 6 month only, he said I doubt 6 month is enough. I wish to see anyone approved with this permit on hands.

12 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Talked to the friend in police couple of days ago and he said - you could apply for ccw but it does 't mean you will be getting it. He suggested to wait, min year. They don't have anything as an instructions and don't know on how to process this in NJ yet, no clue. Money spent on class which is for 6 month only, he said I doubt 6 month is enough. I wish to see anyone approved with this permit on hands.

bs. they know how to process the applications. exactly the same as before 'cept they can't deny us now.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Insurance companies will discourage pro carry signs. These businesses will be scared because of the liability.

What about the liability of rendering your customers defenseless?

Yes, I know. That aspect will be ignored just like any other law they don't like.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

What about the liability of rendering your customers defenseless?

Wish we saw more of that re: gun free zones or prohibited carry.  Now that's a common sense firearms law I could get behind:  you prohibit it, you're liable for death and damages.

• Agree 1

The private places law will be overuled in court because it is a 1st and 2nd amendment violation. It violates the 1st because it would be compelled speech which is also not allowed. As far as the orgs fighting these things pick your acronym and send money.

FPC, GOA, ANJPRC, CNJFO, NJ2AS

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, leo-польд said:

Talked to the friend in police couple of days ago and he said - you could apply for ccw but it does 't mean you will be getting it. He suggested to wait, min year. They don't have anything as an instructions and don't know on how to process this in NJ yet, no clue. Money spent on class which is valid for 6 month only, he said I doubt 6 month is enough. I wish to see anyone approved with this permit on hands.

It is literally the same exact process on the police department's end with pistol permits and FID card. The only difference is that there is an influx of people applying now instead of just a couple hundred people applying throughout the whole state.

On 7/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, leo-польд said:

I have a friend who is a deputy chief of a local department. He was literally on the call with the AG's office a few days after the decision. They do have some basic guidelines. It's my understanding (not through him) that the big challenge right now is that some county Superior Court judges are choosing to not act on the requets oncce they get them which is the last step. That is the rumor going around  for Monmouth. I have heard that there have been some permits granted in Passaic. Again, this is all here say.

There is a good Chance the DA’s will hesitate to prosecute CCW holders for carrying on Public Transit and most other places.    Even a public defender would be able to win the case  sighting Bruen and set president  so it can no longer be enforced.

They will write the Law as a felony to scar everyone into compliance, Then plea bargain anyone they catch down to a fine and disorderly person  offense  to pull your Permitt but not risk setting president.

Any Thoughts?? Yes, No, Maybe?..

55 minutes ago, samiam said:

Are most Superior Court judges competent, or are they more typically dumb-ass patronage hacks? Because I can see the possibility of one(or more) of them opening him or her self up to personal liability by virtue of denying what Clarence Thomas has clearly delineated as a basic, Contitutionally mandated, civil liberty...

Competent (as in knowing the law) does not often equate to following the law and doing things right way.  If anything, the most competent (as in knowing) but corrupt / biased one is the one finding all the loopholes to screw people.

Superior Court judges are no different. Its a blessing if we get couple of them in NJ who actually follows US Constitution the way it is meant to be.