CMJeepster

Joe Biden is coming for your "assault weapons."

12 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Good thing we don't own any assault weapons! That pinned muzzle break on my AK makes all the difference!

Thank God Japan has such strict gun laws!  Now they'll have to add a law that say that you can't make shitty "firearms" from the spare parts laying around you house. :icon_lol:

16 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Is there text on this? Is this identical to the '94 AWB or is there more?

The bill, sponsored by Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), would prohibit the sale, transfer, import and manufacture of hundreds of models of semi-automatic weapons that boast certain specific features, including those that combine pistol grips with detachable magazines

This implies it could go much further.

11 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

So guys, who do we write about this kind of thing? Is it the same as who we'd write about things local to NJ?

Pointless waste of effort. Booker and Menendez want this shit, same as the rest of Njs democrat representatives. The only two, Smith and VanDrew already vote this stuff down... Maybe write them to let them know you have their back. 

If these people actually listened, and not just pretended, it might be worth something, even if they didn't change their minds. But your letters go right into the trash. 

My rep, Sherrill, gives zero shit about anything not on the democratic agenda. In fact, when she meets with constituents, they are mostly hand picked union reps. 

On 7/11/2022 at 3:07 PM, CJack said:

"Commonly Used".. I guess SCOTUS need to elaborate what that means to folks who dont have "common sense".

I mean it's not ambiguous. They specified semi-automatic handguns are in common use, and the bill would ban them, so....

Just now, raz-0 said:

I mean it's not ambiguous. They specified semi-automatic handguns are in common use, and the bill would ban them, so....

Then the bill itself got to be unconstitutional and thrown out even IF the bill come to pass, is it ?

Just now, CJack said:

Then the bill itself got to be unconstitutional and thrown out even IF the bill come to pass, is it ?

It likely won't make it out of committee in the senate as it exists, but in theory it'd be the fast track to scotus, and be dumped if it has 5 votes to dump it. Then all AWBs would be dead if the ruling was broad enough. 

Well come on man! We can't have WEAPONS OF WAR in common use!

Ian McKelvey takes mockery of Rep. Lucy McBath’s assault rifle comments (exploding skulls, really?) to a whole new HILARIOUS level in epic thread – twitchy.com

Some of these are pretty funny. Lucy was just stupid.

• Haha 2