CMJeepster

Joe Biden is coming for your "assault weapons."

23 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Biden to reinforce background checks for gun buyers (yahoo.com)

------

None of this is going to discourage criminals from illegally obtaining a firearm and using it to commit crime.  He's pandering again / still.

They're really trying to convince people that criminals buy their guns from FFLs instead of from other criminals...

18 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

As he started and ended that press conference with ice cream jokes...

• FacePalm 1

What really bugs me is how much people have internalized the grief, fear and despair. They've driven people so far that they think anyone that doesn't support "common sense gun control" or "assault weapons bans" just simply don't care about children.

"We have to do SOMETHING! But NRA/GOP/etc. don't care about children!"

And it's absolutely disgusting because "assault weapons" are such an inconsequential target. But it's not something they want to hear. When people are stricken by pain and anger, they're not exactly open to new information. 

16 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

What really bugs me is how much people have internalized the grief, fear and despair. They've driven people so far that they think anyone that doesn't support "common sense gun control" or "assault weapons bans" just simply don't care about children.

"We have to do SOMETHING! But NRA/GOP/etc. don't care about children!"

And it's absolutely disgusting because "assault weapons" are such an inconsequential target. But it's not something they want to hear. When people are stricken by pain and anger, they're not exactly open to new information. 

Agreed.  It is tough trying to argue with their emotion with logic, particularly when the wounds are fresh.  And it's hard to counter their narrative in just a soundbite, that the choice is between gun ownership and dead children.

7 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

I know it's probably just the way it is written, but the article makes a it sound like the governor had no idea until recently, that firearms, even in justifiable circumstances, can actually kill people.

We know that a rifle like an AR can save lives and even the odds when one is attacked by multiple bad guys, but sadly, guys like this governor, who I'm sure has his own armed security, will never accept that.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I know it's probably just the way it is written, but the article makes a it sound like the governor had no idea until recently, that firearms, even in justifiable circumstances, can actually kill people.

We know that a rifle like an AR can save lives and even the odds when one is attacked by multiple bad guys, but sadly, guys like this governor, who I'm sure has his own armed security, will never accept that.

Let's not bring logic into the conversation!

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2023 at 6:12 PM, father-of-three said:

Jay Inslee is an idiot 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

sounds amazingly like the president of the united states is threatening about half of the united states citizens, doesn't it?

Yes, definitely. That would be the half he previously characterized on multiple occasions as 'threats to democracy'.

• Agree 1