CMJeepster

Joe Biden is coming for your "assault weapons."

I am so sick of this warped logic. She's honestly trying to suggest that handguns are harmless and cause trivial injuries compared to assault weapons?

Trying to draw a line between legitimate guns and "weapons of war" is absolute madness and serves no other purpose than the incremental ban of all guns. By definition, all guns are lethal force.

If anyone supports this in response to recent incidents, I have to ask: would those kids in Uvalde be better off if the guy spent an hour shooting kids with handguns or a "hunting rifle"? If the answer is no, then you can't simultaneously support the AWB and say you support the 2nd amendment.

5 minutes ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

Anyone have a link to this new bill? Is their definition of 'assault weapon' any different?

Assuming it is just reusing the last one, it's CA style for rifles. NJ assualt pistol definition but add threaded muzzle as a forbidden feature. An assault shotgun that is not logically parseable, but is an attempt tpo take the NJ version and add in any detachable magazine is a nono. Add in bumpstocks as their own forbidden assault weapon. 

• Thanks 1

POLL: Majority Of Americans Say No To ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban (msn.com)

"The poll was released ahead of President Biden’s State of the Union Address, where he will likely reiterate support for a nation-wide assault rifle ban. In January, Biden pledged to continue his goal of banning “assault weapons,” saying that there is no “social redeeming value” to owning “assault weapons” because deer do not wear “Kevlar vests,” according to the president’s remarks at the National 

Action Network’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day breakfast.

Biden further questioned why Americans need so many bullets, saying “ban the number of bullets that can go in a magazine. No, no need for any of that.”

------

The fact that he doesn't know why we, the people need "assault weapons" and standard capacity magazines is the reason we need those things.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

POLL: Majority Of Americans Say No To ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban (msn.com)

"The poll was released ahead of President Biden’s State of the Union Address, where he will likely reiterate support for a nation-wide assault rifle ban. In January, Biden pledged to continue his goal of banning “assault weapons,” saying that there is no “social redeeming value” to owning “assault weapons” because deer do not wear “Kevlar vests,” according to the president’s remarks at the National 

Action Network’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day breakfast.

Biden further questioned why Americans need so many bullets, saying “ban the number of bullets that can go in a magazine. No, no need for any of that.”

------

The fact that he doesn't know why we, the people need "assault weapons" and standard capacity magazines is the reason we need those things.

So 51% of the hand-selected ~1000 out of 300 million people means "Majority of Americans" support it. Tracks!

The problem is, if you don't know anything about guns then "assault weapons" is a really loaded phrase. I think only the US and Canada have "assault weapon" legislation; most other places focus on what the weapon does, like semi-auto vs manual action, etc.

Sensible Gun Logic

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. (FACT)

2 - If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry, USA

3 - The Second Amendment makes more women equal than the entire feminist movement.

4 - Legal gun owners have 300 million guns and probably a trillion rounds of ammo. Seriously, folks, if we were the problem, you'd know it.

5 - When JFK was killed, nobody blamed the rifle.

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

7 - I have no problem with vigorous background checks when it comes to firearms. While we're at it, let's do the same when it comes to immigration, Voter I.D., and candidates running for office.

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that would work out?

9 -  A man who left 300,000 guns for the Taliban is lecturing folks on gun control.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Sensible Gun Logic

1 - Eleven teens die each day because of texting while driving. Maybe it's time to raise the age of Smart Phone ownership to 21. (FACT)

I had a similar thought today when I noticed the cigarettes behind the counter at the supermarket. I don't smoke, but I see NJ has the age at 21 to buy cigarettes. Ha! As if you can't find them at every school...

7 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

6 - The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

I think it hurts our cause to double-barrel the activism.

8 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

8 - Folks keep talking about another Civil War. One side knows how to shoot and probably has a trillion rounds. The other side has crying closets and is confused about which bathroom to use. How do you think that would work out?

There are plenty of liberal gun owners. We really can't couple guns to any other ideology or stereotypes if we want to make progress. That's what the anti-2As are doing, trying to equate "assault weapons" with gun fetishism, machismo and political extremism.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

That didn't take long:  Biden urges assault weapons ban in wake of MSU shooting | Watch (msn.com)

Do we even know what was used to commit the crime?

It doesn't matter, banning 70 round magazine assault weapons would work! It's like trickle down, but for guns.

He has to take any opportunity to make people associate massive, double drum magazines with "high capacity" instead of 5+ or 10+.

21 hours ago, BigGuns said:

The shooter was a convicted felon with a firearm charge, who had a 18 month sentence reduced to probation.

Democrat policies, letting these guys back on the street, and this is what you get.

Exactly!  The laws in place did not work, so the Democrats' answer is that we need more laws. 

15 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Biden to reinforce background checks for gun buyers (yahoo.com)

------

None of this is going to discourage criminals from illegally obtaining a firearm and using it to commit crime.  He's pandering again / still.

Come on man, it's common sense!  Plus these AR-47 fully semi full auto can shoot a 5.56 caliber bullet like 5x faster than any other gun ever made. I was 30, she was 12, it was a beautiful thing.  And they completely liquidate every organ of anyone they hit.

Come on man, it's just common sense. You can't buy a cannon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leahcim said:

Come on man, it's common sense!  Plus these AR-47 fully semi full auto can shoot a 5.56 caliber bullet like 5x faster than any other gun ever made. I was 30, she was 12, it was a beautiful thing.  And they completely liquidate every organ of anyone they hit.

Come on man, it's just common sense. You can't buy a cannon.

And don’t forget, one bullet will cut a man clean in half!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Biden to reinforce background checks for gun buyers (yahoo.com)

------

None of this is going to discourage criminals from illegally obtaining a firearm and using it to commit crime.  He's pandering again / still.

They're really trying to convince people that criminals buy their guns from FFLs instead of from other criminals...

• Agree 1