Underdog

Summer Reading List

Anybody have thoughts on some good books to read during the summer (or any time)?  Since Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss, and Thomas Jefferson are frowned upon these days, here is one suggestion that I recommend and I know there is one outspoken member on this forum that might find this particularly enlightening....

The Courage to Face Covid-19:  Preventing Hospitalization and Death While Battling the Bio-Pharmaceutical Complex by John Leak and Dr. Peter A. McCullough.

At the beginning of 2020, Dr. Peter McCullough was a highly regarded practicing physician, program director, teacher, and clinical investigator at a major academic medical center in Dallas, Texas. When COVID-19 arrived in March, he felt a duty to find a treatment for the disease. He wasn't alone. Other doctors all over the world were also searching for a cure. They followed the longstanding principle that it's best to tackle a sickness early, before it becomes life threatening. This is the story of how Dr. McCullough and his colleagues developed an early treatment protocol of generic, repurposed drugs and supplements that has saved tens of thousands of COVID-19 patients from hospitalization and death.

In spite of their success, their early treatment protocol was not welcomed by public health officials. On the contrary, the news of their promising results was dismissed as soon as it was reported. At first this seemed like conventional skepticism, but then fraudulent papers maligning the protocol's repurposed drugs were published in academic medical journals. This and other acts of fraud revealed that a coordinated smear campaign against early treatment was being waged. Dr. McCullough and his colleagues soon found themselves censured, censored, attacked in the media, and fired from their jobs. The greatest victims of the smear campaign were COVID-19 patients who were consequently deprived of early treatment. Hundreds of thousands needlessly died of the disease.

At the same time early treatment was suppressed, the US government and mainstream media proclaimed that the cure to COVID-19 lay in a new generation of vaccines that were being developed at warp speed. These were heralded as a forthcoming panacea that would save mankind and restore normalcy. As soon as they were mass deployed, public health officials would lift the restrictions on social and economic life.

While many observers were thunderstruck by this turn of events, there were historical precedents. In his 1961 Farewell Address, President Eisenhower warned: We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought of unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. As Dr. McCullough and his colleagues learned, Eisenhower’s warning has become equally applicable to the Bio-Pharmaceutical Complex of multinational drug companies, the NIH and other federal agencies, research and virology labs, and the Gates Foundation. Since COVID-19 arrived, this Complex has obtained misplaced power over every aspect of our lives and taken our liberties. The Courage to Face Covid-19 recounts how Dr. McCullough and his colleagues began their work by fighting a novel infectious disease, and then became leaders in fighting the tyrannical regime that endangers our American way of life.

https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Turnbull-6-book-series/dp/B07XXD1TVX

51EzcCcSB-L._SY200_.jpg

Read them all...skip book 3 it was stupid.....  they mirror what is happening or could happen...fast reading...gun heavy...hey it's not Robert Ludlum or Forsythe...but well worth the read.

The Jack Carr books. Start with The Terminal List and go in sequential order. Spoiler alert : TTL book is so much better the Amazon Prime series. Only thing they have in common is the names of the characters. The storyline b/t the two is very different. Not sure why they made the video series like this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

The Jack Carr books. Start with The Terminal List and go in sequential order. Spoiler alert : TTL book is so much better the Amazon Prime series. Only thing they have in common is the names of the characters. The storyline b/t the two is very different. Not sure why they made the video series like this.

Having not read the books, I enjoyed the heck out of The Terminal List Amazon Prime series.  Those books are queued up on my Kindle for reading after I finish a couple other books.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:05 AM, Underdog said:

Anybody have thoughts on some good books to read during the summer (or any time)?  Since Mark Twain, Dr. Seuss, and Thomas Jefferson are frowned upon these days, here is one suggestion that I recommend and I know there is one outspoken member on this forum that might find this particularly enlightening....

The Courage to Face Covid-19:  Preventing Hospitalization and Death While Battling the Bio-Pharmaceutical Complex by John Leak and Dr. Peter A. McCullough.

Far more enlightening are the actual data from the big global trials.

Clinical trial link for Recovery trial, on hospitalized patients

Trial summary, HCQ failed in hospitalized patients

Clinical trial link, for ORCHID trial on hospitalized patients

Trial summary, HCQ failed in hospitalized patients

Clinical trial link for post-exposure prophylaxis

Trial summary, HCQ failed to provide protection post-exposure

Another clinical trial link for post-exposure prophylaxis

Trial summary, HCQ failed to provide protection post-exposure

Clinical trial link for pre-exposure prophylaxis

Trial summary, HCQ failed to provide protection pre-exposure

To make sense of the data published on the Clintrials site, these free courses will help

Introduction to applied biostatistics

Interpreting randomized clinical trials

Yeah, I guess you are right and I would rather read the fake, lying, manipulated propaganda Globalist reports like the ones that reported how aspirin or horse paste weren't very effective.  For example, the "clinical" studies in which Ivermectin was given with the wrong dosage at the wrong time for the illness to people and then the "scientific" leaders said... look it didn't work correctly.  Or the ones that ignored Fauci's data on how deadly Remdesivir really is...  and how not very effective and yet it was a hospital corner piece.  Or wonder why doctors that wanted to try different things to combat the US/China/Globalist bat flu and even with their successes had their doctor's licenses  revoked.  That book I recommended has many valuable and cited references.   

Just finished first part one of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, great read, but long and somewhat prolix. Written in 1950s, always amazes me how relevant today.

Took a break from that now to read Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. Great book too, but gotta get used to Shakespearean old English.