LTC

The Phillipsburg Pistol Club

I've been a member of the Phillipsburg Pistol Club for the past 13 years. I am currently a member of the club's Board of Directors. I would just like to update the forum users to the current details of our club. The club has been in existence since 1961 and at the present location since 1964. We have 8 indoor 50' lanes & 12 outdoor 25-yard lanes with a covered firing line. The facility has seen extensive renovations over the past 3 years. See the photos on our website. We are an NRA affiliated club and require members to be NRA members. While basically a pistol club we do allow .22 rimfire rifle use as well as "pistol caliber" rifle and carbine use (9mm, 38spec., .357mag., .45acp, .45 Colt, etc.). Centerfire rifle cartridge use is not allowed (.223, 5.56, 308, 17hmr, etc.). Shotgun use is limited, trap or skeet are not possible due to the club's location. We are actively seeking new members. The club hosts a IDPA match on one Wednesday evening a month. We offer NRA training classes throughout the year. Initial membership associated cost are $220.00. Yearly dues are $80.00. Our daily range fee is $3.00 for the entire day. Guest fees are $10.00 per day (2 guests max.). Our hours are 8am to 10pm 365 days a year. The facility is electronically secured at all times. We maintain a safe, clean, friendly atmosphere at all times. Please go to our website for further information.

• Like 3

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am the Match Director for IDPA here. I'm happy to answer any questions.

One thing I particularly like about PPC is that the rules allow you to practice holster work and other drills forward of the firing line (when other members are not using the regular firing line, of course). For safety's sake, you would need to be approved before doing this kind of shooting, but it is far less restrictive than most ranges where you can only stand still in a shooting port.

The club web site is here: https://phillipsburgpistolclub.com/

The Phillipsburg Pistol Club has begun to host NJ Permits to carry a Handgun qualifications. We are currently working on getting the information on our web site. Information will be available in a few days. The club has 4 authorized instructor / qualifiers to perform the qualifications of which I am one. Stay tuned, more information to come.

LTC

PPC XO

• Like 2

Cut'n'pasted from the Qualifications thread:

I am pretty much set up to run quals. Email me at [email protected] to make a booking.

Currently quals will be held at Phillipsburg Pistol Club where, in order to prevent a high volume of quals from preventing the general membership from using the facilities, the range can be booked from 8am-12pm Monday thru Thursday. I need to give them some notice to make the range booking and it needs to fit in with my day job. Right now, I could take a booking for Thursday morning (7/21) but you need to let me know today. Future sessions will available depending on my work schedule. I am also working on getting approval to run quals at EFGA which should make some evenings and weekends possible. It will take 20-30 minutes per person, per gun and I would prefer small groups rather than set up for just 1 person.

The CoF will be HQC1 - 60 rounds at a Q target from 1 to 25 yards.

You'll need to bring:

1. the gun(s) you intend to carry
  2. 60 rounds per gun
  3. 2 magazines or a speedloader (there is a mandatory reload on the clock in the CoF)
  4. a strong side hip holster (IWB or OWB is fine. No AIWB, SoB or shoulder holsters allowed)
  5. a magazine/speedloader pouch is useful but not required
  6. eye & ear protection
  7. Appropriate outdoor gear (sun hat, rain jacket, etc.)

I will be signing the certification based on the shooter scoring a minimum of 80% (48 hits) and observed safe gun handling. Safe gun handling will be assessed based on the well established rules that have been used in IDPA/USPSA/ICORE for years.

The fees will be $65 per person for the first gun and $40 for each additional gun during the same session.

N.B. When you sign the qualification certificate you will be attesting that you have read the New Jersey Statutes pertaining to your responsibilities and liabilities regarding carrying a handgun, N.J.S.A. 2C:3-1, et seq. These statutes describe the laws pertaining to use of force in NJ. I am not qualified to teach use of force and will not be doing so. This is purely a certificate to satisfy N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4 (b). I will include a copy of my certification as an NRA Instructor to satisfy N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4 (c).

• Like 2

Update information on Carry Qualifications at Phillipsburg Pistol Club. As Stu stated in the previous post, we are restricting civilian carry qualifications to 8-12 Monday to Thursday. All scheduling has to go through me as the club's Executive Officer. My task is to keep this organized and to eliminate double or triple scheduling. Pricing is set by the individual qualifiers. The qualifying process is also set by the individual qualifier. Each may be slightly different but must still meet the NJ requirements. The club has set its own qualifying requirements that currently meet NJ's requirements and will be administered by me. I am a certified NRA Instructor in numerous disciplines that include pistol. I am also an authorized qualifier for NJSP RPO program. It still remains that the individual will be completely responsible for all remaining requirements associated with the carry permit process. Our portion of the process will be limited to those items associated with the live fire qualification, Safe & appropriate gun handling and NJ supplied information on NJ's use of force statutes. I can be emailed at [email protected].

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, Mr.Stu said:

Cut'n'pasted from the Qualifications thread:

I am pretty much set up to run quals. Email me at [email protected] to make a booking.

Currently quals will be held at Phillipsburg Pistol Club where, in order to prevent a high volume of quals from preventing the general membership from using the facilities, the range can be booked from 8am-12pm Monday thru Thursday. I need to give them some notice to make the range booking and it needs to fit in with my day job. Right now, I could take a booking for Thursday morning (7/21) but you need to let me know today. Future sessions will available depending on my work schedule. I am also working on getting approval to run quals at EFGA which should make some evenings and weekends possible. It will take 20-30 minutes per person, per gun and I would prefer small groups rather than set up for just 1 person.

The CoF will be HQC1 - 60 rounds at a Q target from 1 to 25 yards.

You'll need to bring:

1. the gun(s) you intend to carry
  2. 60 rounds per gun
  3. 2 magazines or a speedloader (there is a mandatory reload on the clock in the CoF)
  4. a strong side hip holster (IWB or OWB is fine. No AIWB, SoB or shoulder holsters allowed)
  5. a magazine/speedloader pouch is useful but not required
  6. eye & ear protection
  7. Appropriate outdoor gear (sun hat, rain jacket, etc.)

I will be signing the certification based on the shooter scoring a minimum of 80% (48 hits) and observed safe gun handling. Safe gun handling will be assessed based on the well established rules that have been used in IDPA/USPSA/ICORE for years.

The fees will be $65 per person for the first gun and $40 for each additional gun during the same session.

N.B. When you sign the qualification certificate you will be attesting that you have read the New Jersey Statutes pertaining to your responsibilities and liabilities regarding carrying a handgun, N.J.S.A. 2C:3-1, et seq. These statutes describe the laws pertaining to use of force in NJ. I am not qualified to teach use of force and will not be doing so. This is purely a certificate to satisfy N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4 (b). I will include a copy of my certification as an NRA Instructor to satisfy N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4 (c).

I am running a session this coming Thursday morning. If anyone would like to get their qualifications, please email me at [email protected]

• Like 1