Brandyep

No gun signs starting to popup!

Honestly? I love a good afternoon of shopping. But I would not want to shop in a mall that was promoting/advertising the vulnerability of its shoppers. We have plenty of evidence by this point of mass shooters passing by hard targets and driving a little further down the road for a "soft target". So, why would I want to spend my time in a soft target? This is just dumb.

• Agree 8

Paramus Park has one also but that has been up for months now.

Paramus Park and Willowbrook are owned/managed by the same company: Brookfield Properties.  They are Canadian....

The bought the company that owned both malls a few years back.

8 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

I read these as "we don't want your business" signs.

Where I'm at in FL, the only store I can think of is Sprouts.  Guess who does not get my grocery monies?  The botanical garden also has a sign that gets ignored.  A park where they have pickleball championships has a sign or prohibited items as well, it just shows a gun, and you can see where they removed the circle and line through it.  Once upon a time you could not carry in a park, but that was corrected.  Here most no guns signs are I don't want your business signs. Unless it is a prohibited location, a sign is just a suggestion, not a violation of law.  At most you will be asked to leave if found out.  If you don't you risk trespassing.  Unfortunately NJ will probably do the same thing as NY, making it illegal to carry just about anywhere unless you are given permission to do so by the owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickySantoro said:

Best guess is that the insurance companies require this. Concealed means concealed.

That's great in states where if someone notices, you get told to leave and at worst a misdemeanortrasspassing charge. NJ is making it a major felony.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brandyep said:

First one spotted at Willowbrook in Wayne

IMG_208611.jpg

Haven't been to that mall in years, Heard it had issues.

Sign says firearm detecting dogs, I've heard that gangbangers frequent there.

Dogs must not be doing there jobs or they leave them in their cars

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Sign says firearm detecting dogs,

4 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I guess they were taught to sniff for Hoppe's #9 :lol:

Whew!  I'm in the clear then,  as long as they don't know the smell of G96.

It would be fun to mess with them though, a little Hoppe's on the wrists or fondle a bucket of spent brass before heading there.

• Haha 1

We know that criminals do not read signs so I have this question, CC is legal, and a business forbids CC, God forbid, something happens, can we sue the business for not allowing us to defend ourselves? I totally agree with the 'We don't want your business' argument but still.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Where is that sign? (Which Walmart?...I'll have to go to my local walmart and check for signs now!)

somerdale

14 minutes ago, NJ_Dude said:

Well, the sign says: OPENLY carrying, concealed is another thing.

exactly. to me that means that as long as no one sees it(which to be honest should be how ANY of us carries) they're fine with it.

1 minute ago, NJ_Dude said:

We know that criminals do not read signs so I have this question, CC is legal, and a business forbids CC, God forbid, something happens, can we sue the business for not allowing us to defend ourselves? I totally agree with the 'We don't want your business' argument but still.

i can tell you without a doubt......if me or mine is injured.....mentally or physically by an "incident" at a place with "no-guns-allowed" posted, i will sue the ever lovin snot outta them. including my cost of sueing them.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if me or mine is injured.....mentally or physically by an "incident" at a place with "no-guns-allowed" posted, i will sue the ever lovin snot outta them

this, 1000000000%

• Agree 2