Brandyep

No gun signs starting to popup!

30 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I still remember Herman's Sporting Goods in the 70's and 80's which sold guns at their store in the Willowbook mall (and a lot of other malls).

Dicks sporting goods is in that whole mall complex too 

I will assume that "no guns" signs in this state will have the "force of law." This is not the case in Pennsylvania where one can be asked to leave if they did not initially see the "no guns" sign, and can only be charged with criminal trespass if they refuse to leave.

I will assume that "no guns" signs in this state will have the "force of law." This is not the case in Pennsylvania where one can be asked to leave if they did not initially see the "no guns" sign, and can only be charged with criminal trespass if they refuse to leave.

Just came back from COSTCO.....so I pass this guy, about 5'11 ...240lbs. with a white tight tee shirt over shorts.....Does NJ have a printing law like some others do....the guy had a belt holster on with a small auto....it was rediculous, he may as well had a sign on his back screamin' gun...don't think I've seen anything like it here before......it was "Dumbo" with a gun.......PRINTING Out Loud.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, Indianajonze said:

2. it's called "concealed" carry...

The problem is that NJ will codify it to make it a felony to carry in a place with such a sign.  When all this sorts out, you will need to follow the laws, not go with if no one sees it , no harm no foul.  Regardless of your feelings on gun signs, follow the law on where you can carry and where you can not.  I find it quite annoying if I go out to eat and the only seating is in the bar, a bar in FL is a prohibited location, the restaurant section is not.  So off to the vehicle I go to secure my weapon, or go elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Just came back from COSTCO.....so I pass this guy, about 5'11 ...240lbs. with a white tight tee shirt over shorts.....Does NJ have a printing law like some others do....the guy had a belt holster on with a small auto....it was rediculous, he may as well had a sign on his back screamin' gun...don't think I've seen anything like it here before......it was "Dumbo" with a gun.......PRINTING Out Loud.

So? NJ doesn't require you to conceal, and no states have printing laws that I'm aware of.  Big boys tend to print easier. 

1 hour ago, RadioGunner said:

Dicks sporting goods is in that whole mall complex too 

Dick heads is not part of the mall per say, it's a stand alone store outside the mall. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

guess we're gonna have to get use to hearin'...."OMG he's got a gun".

We have looooooooong road of lawsuits against PDs, States, scores of people getting arrested and their 2A stripped. Red Flag laws are already in place to strip 2A without due process. Very important to challenge any and all laws that turn someone into criminal for mere display of firearm.  You know its coming.

BTW, this is still a serious struggle even in states like Texas, New Hampshire etc.

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

Regarding Murphy's attempt to forbid carry by law any place that lacks a sign posted permitting it,

Welcome to New Jersey, where everything is expressly forbidden, unless it is expressly permitted by a narrow carve out .

Living under the thumb of dems is such a joy.

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, samiam said:

Considering what they turned out to be, maybe they should consider changing their name to "Gina's"...

That's Gina with an "eye""

• Agree 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:17 AM, CJack said:

Red Flag laws are already in place to strip 2A without due process. Very important to challenge any and all laws that turn someone into criminal for mere display of firearm.  You know its coming.

Yep:  Fort Collins woman sentenced for perjury in red flag filing involving CSU police officer (yahoo.com)

23 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Don't seem like that will happen in NJ.  Read through the Extreme Risk Protective Order Act of 2018 and do not see a penalty for falsely red flagging someone.  Kind of wonder as to what the police liability is for any damage or loss of anything confiscated?  I picture them storing in an open warehouse by the shore and having everything rust to death.  I say this because I know of someone many years ago having a pellet gun taken away, but managed to get it back after a few months.  He said it looked like they sprayed it down with salt water every day.

1 hour ago, YankeeSC said:

In reality how would that actually "prohibit" such future executive orders?

Electing better executives would go a long way towards solving the problem.

• Agree 2