45Doll

INFLATION is NOT 9.1%; It's 17.3%!

Call me apoplectic, but I'm posting this here as well as in my Inflation thread in the 1A Lounge because it's probably the biggest lie with the most extensive effect being told by our federal government in this century. I think it needs as much exposure as possible. If you don't know where you are, you can't know which way to go.

If you're going to compare 2022 to 1981, you MUST use the same ruler!

I N F L A T I O N - FLASH (July 13): June 2022 Annual headline CPI Inflation jumped to 41-year high of 9.1%, up from 8.6% in May, while the June 2022 Annual Shadow Stats Alternate “Corrected” CPI Inflation jumped to a new 75-Year high of 17.3%, from 16.8% in May, on top of resurgent energy prices.

I bolded the relevant part.

Shadow Government Statistics - Home Page (shadowstats.com)

• Agree 3

42 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

If you're going to compare 2022 to 1981, you MUST use the same ruler!

I N F L A T I O N - FLASH (July 13): June 2022 Annual headline CPI Inflation jumped to 41-year high of 9.1%, up from 8.6% in May, while the June 2022 Annual Shadow Stats Alternate “Corrected” CPI Inflation jumped to a new 75-Year high of 17.3%, from 16.8% in May, on top of resurgent energy prices.

Agreed. The metrics have to match to be meaningful. 

The .Gov changed the inflation index many years ago to leave out such things as energy and foodstuffs. 
This doesn’t accurately portray the actual increases in cost of living. 

For ‘reasons’. 

I should have included the reminder that true inflation is a measurement of the decline in the value of the U.S. dollar, and every U.S. dollar asset that you own. It's the totally hidden tax on everything.

Hence my assertion that this hoax number has the most extensive effect.

Now the real PPI number is in as well. And it's NOT 11.3%!

I N F L A T I O N - FLASH (July 14): The original Finished Goods - Producer Price Index Series, which goes back to 1948, hit its second highest annual inflation level in history, at 18.6% in June 2022, the strongest showing since the historical record-high 19.6% of November 1974, while the current Final-Demand Goods PPI-FD series (created in 2009) hit another all-time (13-year) high of 17.4% in June 2022, up from the prior 16.6% series record in May 2022.

• Sad 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Displaced Texan said:

The .Gov changed the inflation index many years ago to leave out such things as energy and foodstuffs. 

No one needs energy and food silly.