ToddD

Burlington County Superior Court Judge

That’s what I read too. Also, there are several judges listed through their site but no real description as to what they do. I can’t find any clues that would offer up who handles the permitting. I dunno. Was just curious. Thanks all.   

Won’t be. Spoke with the woman who processes all the apps for the Chief yesterday. She just got back from a two week vacation. My app was just sitting on her desk. She emailed me today to let me know she reviewed and it’s on the chiefs desk. 

Annoying but Mt. Laurel PD has always been on top of their firearms stuff. Never waited more than 10 days for permits or anything. Hard to be mad at someone for using their vacation time, ya know?

Hopefully it won’t be too long now. We’ll see. 

20 hours ago, ToddD said:

Won’t be. Spoke with the woman who processes all the apps for the Chief yesterday. She just got back from a two week vacation. My app was just sitting on her desk. She emailed me today to let me know she reviewed and it’s on the chiefs desk. 

Annoying but Mt. Laurel PD has always been on top of their firearms stuff. Never waited more than 10 days for permits or anything. Hard to be mad at someone for using their vacation time, ya know?

Hopefully it won’t be too long now. We’ll see. 

No but it's fine to be mad with the PD for not having coverage. My last pistol permit was done in 30 days, but because of vacation and sick leave (i.e. burning days at the end of the year), They burned 45 more days of my permits' lifespan. 

14 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Any update on Burlington County issuing?!? Ever since Mount Laurel sent them to the courthouse it got quiet, that was like 2x weeks ago. Haven't heard anything bout other towns yet. Once mines get sent to the county I will update.

I posted an update in the other thread. Will paste it here and update going forward. 
I’ve heard nothing further along in the process anywhere.  I check Facebook, Reddit, and here .

“Money order was cashed yesterday. Hopefully I’ll have a permit soon.

Burlington county

Got packet from PD 7/5. 

Qualified 7/6 at rtsp. 

Prints done and app turned in 7/7. 

Police sat on for two weeks. 

Detective called references and employer 8/3. 

Sent to superior court 8/5. 

Forwarded to county prosecutor 8/15. 

Money order cashed 8/17. 

Will update when necessary. Hopefully sooner than later.”

• Like 2

If anyone in Burlington county wants to call and check status/light a fire under their asses below is the contact info you need for the guy handling. 

His name is Alex. Below is his direct extension. 

609-288-9500
X-38604

The more of us who call the better. Maybe they’ll start moving their asses.

Edit- Shouldnt need to be said but obviously be respectful if you call. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ToddD said:

If anyone in Burlington county wants to call and check status/light a fire under their asses below is the contact info you need for the guy handling. 

His name is Alex. Below is his direct extension. 

609-288-9500
X-38604

The more of us who call the better. Maybe they’ll start moving their asses.

Nice info...will keep it close for when I make it to the courts.  

Update from admin in the Burlington county fb group : pasting pertinent info from there …

“I then called the Burlington County court and spoke with someone in the criminal division.  Once the police are done with their part, they send it via mail to the prosecutors office.  They do whatever it is they do and if they have no objections forward it to the judge.  The judge hearing these cases in Terrence R. Cook who is the presiding judge for the criminal division.  If it is NOT rejected, he is not requiring a hearing (in person or via zoom) and is signing and mailing them back to the police department.  
He wouldn't/couldn't answer when I asked if they were/have been been issued thus far.”

Fb group for those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286849840306649/?ref=share

I'm in Medford Lakes. I submitted on 7/13.  References were called 7/26.  Application was sent to the court via certified mail on 8/9.  Still waiting.  I wasn't aware that it had to make its way through the prosecutor first.  The statute doesn't say anything about that.  Day 44

Fwiw, I sent the prosecutors office an email Thursday. They replied yesterday stating they reviewed and approved my permit and that it was going back to judiciary Friday. 

court told me they gave to prosecutors office 8/15. So they had it for ten days. Now we see how long for judge to sign and send back to pd. 

Hearings are required!

Just spoke with Judge Cooks office, not Alex who handles the courts firearms permitting. 

In person hearings are required. Mine is set for 9/12 at 10:00. Apparently my notice should be here today. If not, probably Tuesday.  But they were mailed. 

They’re getting back to me on whether or not the judge will issue permit on the spot or mail back to PD. 

Also, no word on whether or not we’ll see these absurd restriction via court order like other counties. Guess we’ll find out soon.

Not thrilled about this but at least it’s moving forward. 

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, ToddD said:

Hearings are required!

Just spoke with Judge Cooks office, not Alex who handles the courts firearms permitting. 

In person hearings are required. Mine is set for 9/12 at 10:00. Apparently my notice should be here today. If not, probably Tuesday.  But they were mailed. 

They’re getting back to me on whether or not the judge will issue permit on the spot or mail back to PD. 

Also, no word on whether or not we’ll see these absurd restriction via court order like other counties. Guess we’ll find out soon.

Not thrilled about this but at least it’s moving forward. 

Did they mention anything about Shooters qualifications?! someone in the FB group said RTSP wasn't good enough it has to state "80% passing" and he has to do an amended qual and resubmit ,did you see that also? 

49 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Did they mention anything about Shooters qualifications?! someone in the FB group said RTSP wasn't good enough it has to state "80% passing" and he has to do an amended qual and resubmit ,did you see that also? 

Lol. Yeah. Funny how we’re all in the same places. 

I deleted the below comment from that thread because I didn’t want someone who’s qual was rejected to name drop me.…

I qualified at rtsp/union. No 80% mentioned on my qual. Just that I passed. 

the Burlington County asst prosecutor told me I was approved. I have a hearing scheduled.  Don’t know why that one guy was rejected. Just happy I wasn’t. It’s all bullshit. 

That fb post was the first I’ve heard of any qual being rejected. And the qual itself wasn’t, just the lack of wording on the paperwork. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ToddD said:

Lol. Yeah. Funny how we’re all in the same places. 

I deleted the below comment from that thread because I didn’t want someone who’s qual was rejected to name drop me.…

I qualified at rtsp/union. No 80% mentioned on my qual. Just that I passed. 

the Burlington County asst prosecutor told me I was approved. I have a hearing scheduled.  Don’t know why that one guy was rejected. Just happy I wasn’t. It’s all bullshit. 

That fb post was the first I’ve heard of any qual being rejected. And the qual itself wasn’t, just the lack of wording on the paperwork. 

small world lol, we in this thing together...you're just the tip of the spear!! and ok I know me and you went to shooters that's why I asked. You and my coworker are on the same timeline though, I'm 2-3 weeks behind you guys. And agreed this is all bullshit!! I'm thinking if I should contact US Lawshield before I go to my hearing.  With a restricted permit I'm unable to get a PA Non-Res. 

13 minutes ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

small world lol, we in this thing together...you're just the tip of the spear!! and ok I know me and you went to shooters that's why I asked. You and my coworker are on the same timeline though, I'm 2-3 weeks behind you guys. And agreed this is all bullshit!! I'm thinking if I should contact US Lawshield before I go to my hearing.  With a restricted permit I'm unable to get a PA Non-Res. 

No shooters for me. Rtsp. 

Alex (firearms guy for court) originally said no hearing. When I spoke to Judge cooks office last week they said a hearing is required for everyone and that letters went out and should be arriving soon. After that conversation Alex again told people no hearing required.

Just got my letter to appear today. 

Seems like Alex is wrong/misinformed. 

Unless there’s an issue with mine specifically …but the asst prosecutor told me via email they approved my app. 

At this point in time I assume it’s for everyone until I hear differently. 

It really makes me laugh. When I worked in a brick and mortar, we had a judge come in with a carry permit. I know he had little or no training. Another time going to shurshot, Tiny would show me the Hasidic that were diamond merchants in NY, that had full carry permits. LOL

Just had my hearing in Burlington County. 

Judge confirmed I’m the first in our county. Just asked to confirm make and model. Read restricted places to me. 

Carry IS NOT restricted in our vehicles.

Said he’s signing today and putting in the mail and that I should have physical permit by the end of the week  but that I am approved. 

• Like 4
  • Informative 1