brucin

Time between local PD approval and NJSP email?

I applied for some pistol permits and received a call from my local PD in 2 weeks that I was approved and I would get an email from the NJSP in "a few days" with my permit numbers.

This is the first time I've used the FARS system but its now been a week and no email from the NJSP. I know they have the correct email as I received my reference notifications.

How long does the NJSP take to get out these emails?

4 minutes ago, brucin said:

I applied for some pistol permits and received a call from my local PD in 2 weeks that I was approved and I would get an email from the NJSP in "a few days" with my permit numbers.

This is the first time I've used the FARS system but its now been a week and no email from the NJSP. I know they have the correct email as I received my reference notifications.

I beleive the permits are not issued to you, at all. They are in the system ready for use, only accessible by an FFL.

16 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I beleive the permits are not issued to you, at all. They are in the system ready for use, only accessible by an FFL.

Yes I know there are no more paper permits. I was wondering what others have experienced from the time their PD approved them and the NJSP notifies the applicant that they are good to go and tell the shop to look up their permits.

My local PD said I will get a notification from NJSP.

I never get an email from my PD, just the "NJ Firearms System" approval email. 

My last set of permits had the official approval email in 6 business days from date of application submission. I did get the email at like 6am, so it may just be an automated system email.. check tomorrow morning

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FlyBri said:

I'm at the 2 week mark still waiting to hear back from my local PD.

My local pd isn't the problem. Waiting to hear from the state that permits are active is what I'm waiting on now.

Found out what the delay is all about. The clerk who does the permits left for vacation before I paid last Monday. He's returning tomorrow so if he does his job that apparently no one else in the office is capable of doing a few days from tomorrow I should get my email from the state.

I HATE NEW JERSEY.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:36 AM, brucin said:

My local pd isn't the problem. Waiting to hear from the state that permits are active is what I'm waiting on now.

No they told you they weren't the problem. Which is SOP. They are never the problem when asked if they are the problem. They are almost always the problem.

By almost, that means unless you resided in the right county during the right years. Then in that case, the mental health record check contributes to the problem. 

Every other time, it's the officer/clerk doing the paperwork, the "investigating" officer, or the chief not doing that part of their job. 

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

No they told you they weren't the problem. Which is SOP. They are never the problem when asked if they are the problem. They are almost always the problem.

By almost, that means unless you resided in the right county during the right years. Then in that case, the mental health record check contributes to the problem. 

Every other time, it's the officer/clerk doing the paperwork, the "investigating" officer, or the chief not doing that part of their job. 

The worst part is when the clerk called Monday morning he could have told me come in at lunch time to pay so he could send the NJSP the info before he went on vacation for a week. I work for the town. I expect a heads up as a courtesy.  Can't wait to see him at the Xmas party.

2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Check your spam folder

Been doing that.

On 7/16/2022 at 5:36 PM, brucin said:

I find it so trivial, my town doesn't even charge the local fees anymore. 

Got the approval email from NJSP this morning. 2 days after the clerk returned to work. What a surprise. Now the 5 day wait for my "instant" background check begins.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:42 AM, brucin said:

Got the approval email from NJSP this morning. 2 days after the clerk returned to work. What a surprise. Now the 5 day wait for my "instant" background check begins.

It was 7 days when I went 3 weeks ago, but I think that has to do with the FFL not calling me back when the check was completed. 

On 7/16/2022 at 5:36 PM, brucin said:

I had applied for x3 p2p on 7/6 (post new law governing p2p/FIDS). 

On 7/23 the detective called me so i can pay the fees online.  He had issues emailing me a confirmation so i paid for them on the town website while he was on the phone.   He told me to give him 10 mins and he would process them and that I should be getting an email from the FARS system.  

The next day (on a sunday) the FARS system emailed me the approval of the p2ps.  They even gave me an e-FID (didnt apply for it - already had the paper one).