Downtownv

Conceal Carry Insurance

USAA can NOT write liabilty in NJ or NY or WA state.

However, they told me this:

If you are looking for self-defense liability insurance you can always look at US Law Shield and/or CCW Safe as both may be options for New Jersey!

I have had an account with  them since 2011 I have access to everything BUT the liability insurance.

BE AWARE!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RadioGunner said:

From what I was told, CCW insurance is not legal in NJ. Therefore, US law shield is not insurance.

I wonder if this is even legal. It makes it so you have no way to defend yourself from a defensive shooting. This is as important as the mag or assault weapon law suites imo. 

On 7/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, BigKahuna said:

Insurance is the only thing holding me up from applying. I would hope to NEVER need to use my carry firearm but we all know what that will open up if we DID need to use it. 

I wouldnt carry without insurance personally. You could be plainly in the right and you still will have to pay an insane amount of money to defend yourself. The first defensive shooting we have from someone with a ccw will have the book thrown at them. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Beretta92x said:

I wonder if this is even legal. It makes it so you have no way to defend yourself from a defensive shooting. This is as important as the mag or assault weapon law suites imo. 

It's supposedly a lawyer referral service. Pre-paid legal. I've had something similar but for non criminal stuff.

It's kind of funny, CCW's website will promote services in NJ until you get to the end, where is says NJ excluded.  I guess the website just drops in the name of the state based on location but when you go to enroll, it says no options available.

Why would the state legally prohibit liability insurance?

10 hours ago, MrAceJD said:

It's kind of funny, CCW's website will promote services in NJ until you get to the end, where is says NJ excluded.  I guess the website just drops in the name of the state based on location but when you go to enroll, it says no options available.

Bucky did it to make it as COSTLY as possible if a law-abiding citizen was involved in a shooting. 

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/dangerous-and-unconstitutional-nj-governor-bans-sale-of-insurance-to-gun-owners/

I thought there was chatter amongst the legislator and the gov about mandating insurance? BTW, the story above references an executive order so it's one of those squishy things that is not in the statutes but state agencies end up following. I've been looking around to see if ANJRPC or others have anything to say about insurance.

11 hours ago, galapoola said:

I thought there was chatter amongst the legislator and the gov about mandating insurance? BTW, the story above references an executive order so it's one of those squishy things that is not in the statutes but state agencies end up following. I've been looking around to see if ANJRPC or others have anything to say about insurance.

I dont think they are talking about the same type of insurance. They are talking about liability insurance so that if you defend yourself the person who attacked you can have his family get a huge pay check. 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, Beretta92x said:

I wouldnt carry without insurance personally. You could be plainly in the right and you still will have to pay an insane amount of money to defend yourself. The first defensive shooting we have from someone with a ccw will have the book thrown at them. 

Considering that you would not use deadly force unless you were faced with the prospect of death or serious bodily harm, what is your alternative?

21 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Bucky did it to make it as COSTLY as possible if a law-abiding citizen was involved in a shooting. 

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/dangerous-and-unconstitutional-nj-governor-bans-sale-of-insurance-to-gun-owners/

Considering that CCW insurance is legal in most states, and that it was banned here by executive order, not legislative action, it seems this would not stand up to legal scrutiny.  

On 7/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, MrAceJD said:

To enact a backdoor ban.

How it works:

Legislature requires insurance to own/carry a gun.

Administration prohibits sale of such insurance.

It's just like justifiable need - you could have gotten get a carry permit, but nobody got one in practice. 

• Agree 1